*Crash* Possibly the Greatest Movie Ever

15 years after winning an academy award, I still haven’t seen it

For an award winning film, it is rarely broadcast. I have never heard anyone really talking about it.

No large studio was behind it.
I regularly see prize winning Indie films on TV
Crash? Not so much

Same goes for The Artist, Spotlight, Moonlight, Paradise

Have you seen them?
Spotlight I think. Neither of the others.

The movie script was so compelling, it’s rumored that Bullock worked for scale and paid her own travel between the set of a movie she was working on and the scenes in Crash.

It’s one of those movies that is even more relevant today than it was when it was released.

Hope you check it out
I haven’t been too enthusiastic about recent Best Picture winners
No staying power

The Shape of Water?
You kidding me?
12 Years a Slave was another one that didn't come close. After all the hype it was getting, I expected a lot more from it.
Agree
Good movie but not groundbreaking
Like most Best Pictures, not something I would want to watch twice
i thought 12 years a slave was better than crash.

For an award winning film, it is rarely broadcast. I have never heard anyone really talking about it.

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

The movie script was so compelling, it’s rumored that Bullock worked for scale and paid her own travel between the set of a movie she was working on and the scenes in Crash.

It’s one of those movies that is even more relevant today than it was when it was released.

Hope you check it out
No staying power

The Shape of Water?
You kidding me?
12 Years a Slave was another one that didn't come close. After all the hype it was getting, I expected a lot more from it.
My WTF OSCAR winner for best picture was American Beauty. I haven't seen all BP winners but this one I did. I couldn't believe it was even nominated much less won.

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out
No staying power

The Shape of Water?
You kidding me?
Agree
Good movie but not groundbreaking
Like most Best Pictures, not something I would want to watch twice
i thought 12 years a slave was better than crash.

Since you never saw Crash....

If you haven't seen Crash, you really should watch it. I think it's possibly one of the greatest movies ever. It brings so many issues the the forefront; racism, placism, gender issues, empowerment, prejudice, ambition, and of course plain old fashioned hate. Interwoven in the above issues are six distinct stories featuring Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Terrence Howard, Don Cheadle, Ludacris, Michael Pena. And I'm leaving out strong performances by Thandie Newton, Ryan Fellipe (sp?), Brendan Fraser, and Jennifer Espisito.

Incredible movie and well deserving of the awards it has won.

I avoid issue-driven films the same as I do fast-food tacos.

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out
No staying power

The Shape of Water?
You kidding me?
My WTF OSCAR winner for best picture was American Beauty. I haven't seen all BP winners but this one I did. I couldn't believe it was even nominated much less won.
Agree, I thought it was more awkward than compelling
Another movie I watched once and never cared to see again

If you haven't seen Crash, you really should watch it. I think it's possibly one of the greatest movies ever. It brings so many issues the the forefront; racism, placism, gender issues, empowerment, prejudice, ambition, and of course plain old fashioned hate. Interwoven in the above issues are six distinct stories featuring Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Terrence Howard, Don Cheadle, Ludacris, Michael Pena. And I'm leaving out strong performances by Thandie Newton, Ryan Fellipe (sp?), Brendan Fraser, and Jennifer Espisito.

You have to be joking!

The movie is on many worst Oscar winning movie lists:

LINK 9th worst on the list

LINK 3rd worst on the list

LINK 2nd worst on the list

LINK 6th worst on the list

LINK 3rd worst on the list

LINK 9th worst on the list

LINK worst on the list

Brokeback Mountain was a far better movie, they were robbed of the Best picture Oscar.

I have over 500 movies in my collection, will never buy Crash, will buy Brokeback Mountain when it gets cheaper.

I didn't go through all of the links very far. I'd be interested to see the credentials of the list makers.

One said that Babe was a better movie than Braveheart. Not much more need to be said about their qualifications....

Thanks for the chuckle.

I have yet to see a single positive listing for Crash..... anywhere, Notice you didn't show a positive list, but then we both know it doesn't exist. Notice you ignored Brokeback Mountain, a far better movie....

Babe is a fine movie, so was Braveheart.

There are many non winning movies that are far better than Crash, at least 1,000 better movies than Crash.

Do the right thing is a far better movie about race issues, than Crash.

You must not be looking very hard.
It won an academy award for best picture.

Yes I knew that, most of the links I posted made that clear.

Oh...so you were just being dishonest. Imagine my shock.

Now you are being an idiot! since many of the link specifically said it was best picture winner.

I wrote this at post 3, you blind bat!

"The movie is on many worst Oscar winning movie lists:"

I have been a movie buff for decades now, have over 500 movies in my house.

Yeah; and you were being dishonest when you said there was no list that had it as the best movie.

Where did I say that?
"I have yet to see a single positive listing for Crash..... anywhere, "

I was talking about a critics listing, I never denied it was a best picture winner, in fact I posted that row of links with headings that showed Crash was a on the list as a best picture winner which make YOU a liar.... again!

From post 3 AGAIN!

LINK 9th worst on the list All 93 Best Picture Winners, Ranked

LINK 3rd worst on the list All 90 Best Picture Oscar Winners Ranked

LINK 2nd worst on the list Every Best Picture Oscar Winner Ranked

LINK 6th worst on the list Every Oscar Best Picture Winner Ranked—From Worst to Best

LINK 3rd worst on the list Oscars 2020: The 10 worst Best Picture winners, from Chicago to Braveheart

LINK 9th worst on the list All 92 Oscar best-picture winners, ranked from worst to best by movie critics

LINK worst on the list 13 Worst Movies to Win Best Picture at the Oscars

Your dishonesty grows and grows in the thread.

You are pathetic.

You have to be joking!

LINK 9th worst on the list All 93 Best Picture Winners, Ranked

LINK 3rd worst on the list All 90 Best Picture Oscar Winners Ranked

LINK 2nd worst on the list Every Best Picture Oscar Winner Ranked

LINK 6th worst on the list Every Oscar Best Picture Winner Ranked—From Worst to Best

LINK 3rd worst on the list Oscars 2020: The 10 worst Best Picture winners, from Chicago to Braveheart

LINK 9th worst on the list All 92 Oscar best-picture winners, ranked from worst to best by movie critics

LINK worst on the list 13 Worst Movies to Win Best Picture at the Oscars

Brokeback Mountain was a far better movie, they were robbed of the Best picture Oscar.

I have over 500 movies in my collection, will never buy Crash, will buy Brokeback Mountain when it gets cheaper.
All those links amount to absolutely nothing.
All art is subjective.
What is a good movie according to some is complete trash to others.

He he,... you at first say:

"All those links amount to absolutely nothing."

Then you say in contradiction:

"What is a good movie according to some is complete trash to others."

Then you make the cop out statement:

"All art is subjective."

I say you have nothing subjective to offer, just more confused babbling.

======

I never once said it was a horrible movie, I simply showed that AMONG ALL BEST PICTURE WINNERS, it is considered one of the worst of the bunch of the list of best picture winners.

Do you people finally get it?

All of you have yet to understand where I am coming from, which is why you crash and fail.

Last edited:

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

It is obvious you liked the movie a lot, but your headline of the thread was so absurd, which is partly WHY I I posted a quick list of critics showing Crash is actually one of the least regarded Best Picture winner.

This is your headline, which is so absurd:

If you wrote it in this way:

I greatly enjoyed watching Crash, a great movie

I would have never posted a comment.

I have yet to find a SINGLE movie critic think Crash is the best movie ever made, you never posted one either.

Citizen Kane, Godfather, Shawshank Redemption, and a few others habitually be considered among the best movie ever made, here is a 100 best movie list from IMDB:

TOP 100 BEST MOVIES EVER MADE

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

List of films considered the best

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

List of films with a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

Ten Greatest Films of All Time

LINK

Crash not mentioned at all

======

Roger Eberts

The greatest movies ever made

LINK

50 Movies listed

Crash was not mentioned at all.

======

37 of the Best Classic Films Ever Made

LINK

Crash amazingly isn't on the list.

=====

Hollywood's 100 Favorite Films

LINK

Crash not on the list

Last edited:

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

It is obvious you liked the movie a lot, but your headline of the thread was so absurd, which is partly WHY I I posted a quick list of critics showing Crash is actually one of the least regarded Best Picture winner.

I have yet to find a SINGLE movie critic think Crash is the best movie ever made, you never posted one either.

Citizen Kane, Godfather, Shawshank Redemption, and a few others habitually be considered among the best movie ever made, here is a 100 best movie list from IMDB:

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

Okay.

Now I realize I came hard on you, I apologize, it was the title of the thread that greatly turned me off.

I did tell the truth that I have over 500 movies in my movie cabinet, some of the movies hardly anyone ever watched, despite that they are very good.

The Changeling 1979 (8 genie awards) Horror

They were Expendable 1945 War

The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman 1972 (10 emmies) Black history

Once Upon a Time in America 1984 (250 min is best version, Directors cut) Jewish Mobster

The Night of the Hunter 1955 Thriller

The Seven Samurai 1954 Adventure

Monsieur Verdoux 1947 Crime/comedy

All worth watching

Here is a good best picture poll from Sight and Sound, it is Roget Eberts favorite voting poll.

Citizen Kane is the dominant choice as the best picture ever made.

LINK

Last edited:

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list
Tell you what. You keep letting other people tell you what is good and I'll keep deciding for myself what is good.

Now I realize I came hard on you, I apologize, it was the title of the thread that greatly turned me off.

I did tell the truth that I have over 500 movies in my movie cabinet, some of the movies hardly anyone ever watched, despite that they are very good.

The Changeling 1979 (8 genie awards) Horror

They were Expendable 1945 War

The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman 1972 (10 emmies) Black history

Once Upon a Time in America 1984 (250 min is best version, Directors cut) Jewish Mobster

The Night of the Hunter 1955 Thriller

The Seven Samurai 1954 Adventure

Monsieur Verdoux 1947 Crime/comedy

All worth watching

Here is a good best picture poll from Sight and Sound, it is Roget Eberts favorite voting poll.

Citizen Kane is the dominant choice as the best picture ever made.

LINK
Love Night of the Hunter
Robert Mitchum was creepy as hell

Citizen Kane just doesn’t do it for me. Casablanca I can watch over and over

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list
I’m willing to give Crash a look

But after winning Best Picture, it disappeared. With all the crappy movies being shown, Crash doesn’t show up.
I can see Shawshank once a week and I will usually watch some of it.
But recent Best Picture winners have been uninspiring. Movies you watch once and scratch off your list

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

But after winning Best Picture, it disappeared. With all the crappy movies being shown, Crash doesn’t show up.
But recent Best Picture winners have been uninspiring. Movies you watch once and scratch off your list

I think you should. As for it not being shown; the reason behind it is that it is a bit of an outlier in terms of categories. Its not an action, romance or comedy. Commercially that is strike one as far as getting air time. It’s a drama but it also suffers (commercially) from an ensemble cast as opposed to other dramas that have a starring role. Shawshank has twin lead actors Who are essentially in every scene.

So it’s kinda on its own in terms of categorization. That probably doesn’t help it’s commercial appeal

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

I think you should. As for it not being shown; the reason behind it is that it is a bit of an outlier in terms of categories. Its not an action, romance or comedy. Commercially that is strike one as far as getting air time. It’s a drama but it also suffers (commercially) from an ensemble cast as opposed to other dramas that have a starring role. Shawshank has twin lead actors Who are essentially in every scene.

So it’s kinda on its own in terms of categorization. That probably doesn’t help it’s commercial appeal
You would think winning Best Picture might help

It seems they may be embarrassed by some of the recent winners.

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

So it’s kinda on its own in terms of categorization. That probably doesn’t help it’s co

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

You’d think the AA award would help. But it’s an award for film making not the gee whiz reason people go to the movies.

A lot of good movies are not shown often. Ever saw “Rachel Getting Married”? Very good. Not seen often. “The Hammer” was surprisingly good. You’ll never see it.

/——/ I don’t waste my time or money watching movies that lecture me.

/——/ I don’t waste my time or money watching movies that lecture me.

If doesn’t lecture. It illustrates. Too bad you’re commenting on something you’ve never seen

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

So it’s kinda on its own in terms of categorization. That probably doesn’t help it’s co

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

You’d think the AA award would help. But it’s an award for film making not the gee whiz reason people go to the movies.

A lot of good movies are not shown often. Ever saw “Rachel Getting Married”? Very good. Not seen often. “The Hammer” was surprisingly good. You’ll never see it.
I usually try to watch the movies nominated for Best Picture

Sometimes I say.....That was good, I see why it was nominated
More often than not, it is WTF?

Forum List

Back