*Crash* Possibly the Greatest Movie Ever

I remember it, I don't particularly remember much about it. Certainly didn't leave me with a lasting impression.
Then again, not really into exaggerated issue driven films.
But best film ever made?..... yeah...sorta like a McD's Big mac is the best sandwich ever made.

15 years after winning an academy award, I still haven’t seen it

For an award winning film, it is rarely broadcast. I have never heard anyone really talking about it.

No large studio was behind it.
I regularly see prize winning Indie films on TV
Crash? Not so much

Same goes for The Artist, Spotlight, Moonlight, Paradise

Have you seen them?
Spotlight I think. Neither of the others.

The movie script was so compelling, it’s rumored that Bullock worked for scale and paid her own travel between the set of a movie she was working on and the scenes in Crash.

It’s one of those movies that is even more relevant today than it was when it was released.

Hope you check it out

It is obvious you liked the movie a lot, but your headline of the thread was so absurd, which is partly WHY I I posted a quick list of critics showing Crash is actually one of the least regarded Best Picture winner.

This is your headline, which is so absurd:

If you wrote it in this way:

I greatly enjoyed watching Crash, a great movie

I would have never posted a comment.

I have yet to find a SINGLE movie critic think Crash is the best movie ever made, you never posted one either.

Citizen Kane, Godfather, Shawshank Redemption, and a few others habitually be considered among the best movie ever made, here is a 100 best movie list from IMDB:

TOP 100 BEST MOVIES EVER MADE

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

List of films considered the best

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

List of films with a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

Ten Greatest Films of All Time

LINK

Crash not mentioned at all

======

Roger Eberts

The greatest movies ever made

LINK

50 Movies listed

Crash was not mentioned at all.

======

37 of the Best Classic Films Ever Made

LINK

Crash amazingly isn't on the list.

=====

Hollywood's 100 Favorite Films

LINK

Crash not on the list
I’m willing to give Crash a look

But after winning Best Picture, it disappeared. With all the crappy movies being shown, Crash doesn’t show up.
I can see Shawshank once a week and I will usually watch some of it.
But recent Best Picture winners have been uninspiring. Movies you watch once and scratch off your list

I think you should. As for it not being shown; the reason behind it is that it is a bit of an outlier in terms of categories. Its not an action, romance or comedy. Commercially that is strike one as far as getting air time. It’s a drama but it also suffers (commercially) from an ensemble cast as opposed to other dramas that have a starring role. Shawshank has twin lead actors Who are essentially in every scene.

So it’s kinda on its own in terms of categorization. That probably doesn’t help it’s co

For an award winning film, it is rarely broadcast. I have never heard anyone really talking about it.

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

The movie script was so compelling, it’s rumored that Bullock worked for scale and paid her own travel between the set of a movie she was working on and the scenes in Crash.

It’s one of those movies that is even more relevant today than it was when it was released.

Hope you check it out

It is obvious you liked the movie a lot, but your headline of the thread was so absurd, which is partly WHY I I posted a quick list of critics showing Crash is actually one of the least regarded Best Picture winner.

I have yet to find a SINGLE movie critic think Crash is the best movie ever made, you never posted one either.

Citizen Kane, Godfather, Shawshank Redemption, and a few others habitually be considered among the best movie ever made, here is a 100 best movie list from IMDB:

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

But after winning Best Picture, it disappeared. With all the crappy movies being shown, Crash doesn’t show up.
But recent Best Picture winners have been uninspiring. Movies you watch once and scratch off your list

I think you should. As for it not being shown; the reason behind it is that it is a bit of an outlier in terms of categories. Its not an action, romance or comedy. Commercially that is strike one as far as getting air time. It’s a drama but it also suffers (commercially) from an ensemble cast as opposed to other dramas that have a starring role. Shawshank has twin lead actors Who are essentially in every scene.

So it’s kinda on its own in terms of categorization. That probably doesn’t help it’s commercial appeal
You would think winning Best Picture might help

It seems they may be embarrassed by some of the recent winners.

You’d think the AA award would help. But it’s an award for film making not the gee whiz reason people go to the movies.

A lot of good movies are not shown often. Ever saw “Rachel Getting Married”? Very good. Not seen often. “The Hammer” was surprisingly good. You’ll never see it.
I usually try to watch the movies nominated for Best Picture

Sometimes I say.....That was good, I see why it was nominated
More often than not, it is WTF?
You mean like "Shape of Water"?
It was okay, a bit weird and awkward... but best film??
And "Lighthouse"... holy hell what a weird, creepy...frankly borderline perverted film.

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

So it’s kinda on its own in terms of categorization. That probably doesn’t help it’s co

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

So it’s kinda on its own in terms of categorization. That probably doesn’t help it’s commercial appeal

You’d think the AA award would help. But it’s an award for film making not the gee whiz reason people go to the movies.

A lot of good movies are not shown often. Ever saw “Rachel Getting Married”? Very good. Not seen often. “The Hammer” was surprisingly good. You’ll never see it.

And "Lighthouse"... holy hell what a weird, creepy...frankly borderline perverted film.
Birdman

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

I'm guessing Parasite from this past February is in the WTF category. I won't be watching it.

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

I'm guessing Parasite from this past February is in the WTF category. I won't be watching it.

If it shows up on Netflix or HBO, I’ll give a look. But I am not that enthusiastic

I saw Roma last year that was subtitled and in B&W, I enjoyed it

Parasite is actually pretty good. I usually am not super into subtitled movies, but the wife kept saying everyone says it is good. It was

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

Birdman
:lol:
yeah.. I have no idea to this day what that was supposed to be.

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

Yeah we have our choices to watch, a very large list to chose from fortunately. I never said you or anyone shouldn't watch Crash, that is YOUR decision to make. It is a good movie to many critics and viewers, but is it a movie YOU would enjoy, that is for you to decide.

Some movies can be watched once and that is it, others you can watch again and again, it depends on the person watching it and the specialness of the movie that can viewed multiple times because it never gets tiring to watch it again.

Most of the 500 + movies I own are those I can watch several times, they are the good ones too, otherwise I might I rent it to see it once, not buy it.

There are many movies that fail at the Box Office that were great movies, Shawshank was one of them, so was the Right Stuff a massive box office failure, which several prominent Critics thought was one of the best picture of the decade, Siskel and Ebert has that movie on their best picture of the Decade list, both list it in the top three. I thought it a great movie too.

I havent watched recent movies since it has gotten so expensive, now I just wait for the DVD to come out and at reduced price, most movies I buy are less than $7, many at less than $5.

Crash? Not so much

Have you seen them?

Hope you check it out

LINK

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Wikipedia

Crash is NOT on the list

=====

Crash is NOT on the list

======
Roger Eberts

LINK

======

Roger Eberts

LINK

50 Movies listed

======

LINK

=====

LINK

Crash not on the list

Yeah we have our choices to watch, a very large list to chose from fortunately. I never said you or anyone shouldn't watch Crash, that is YOUR decision to make. It is a good movie to many critics and viewers, but is it a movie YOU would enjoy, that is for you to decide.

Some movies can be watched once and that is it, others you can watch again and again, it depends on the person watching it and the specialness of the movie that can viewed multiple times because it never gets tiring to watch it again.

Most of the 500 + movies I own are those I can watch several times, they are the good ones too, otherwise I might I rent it to see it once, not buy it.

There are many movies that fail at the Box Office that were great movies, Shawshank was one of them, so was the Right Stuff a massive box office failure, which several prominent Critics thought was one of the best picture of the decade, Siskel and Ebert has that movie on their best picture of the Decade list, both list it in the top three. I thought it a great movie too.

I havent watched recent movies since it has gotten so expensive, now I just wait for the DVD to come out and at reduced price, most movies I buy are less than $7, many at less than $5.
Just curious, why don't you stream rent? Or if you prefer to own, Vudu, Fandango etc. have all kinds of deals that are much cheaper than $7. And good bundle deals as well. And no DVD to go bad.

If you haven't seen Crash, you really should watch it. I think it's possibly one of the greatest movies ever. It brings so many issues the the forefront; racism, placism, gender issues, empowerment, prejudice, ambition, and of course plain old fashioned hate. Interwoven in the above issues are six distinct stories featuring Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Terrence Howard, Don Cheadle, Ludacris, Michael Pena. And I'm leaving out strong performances by Thandie Newton, Ryan Fellipe (sp?), Brendan Fraser, and Jennifer Espisito.

Incredible movie and well deserving of the awards it has won.
/——/ I don’t waste my time or money watching movies that lecture me.

If doesn’t lecture. It illustrates. Too bad you’re commenting on something you’ve never seen
/———/ I’ll amend my remarks: I don’t waste my time or money watching movies that lecture or illustrates to me.

If you haven't seen Crash, you really should watch it. I think it's possibly one of the greatest movies ever. It brings so many issues the the forefront; racism, placism, gender issues, empowerment, prejudice, ambition, and of course plain old fashioned hate. Interwoven in the above issues are six distinct stories featuring Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Terrence Howard, Don Cheadle, Ludacris, Michael Pena. And I'm leaving out strong performances by Thandie Newton, Ryan Fellipe (sp?), Brendan Fraser, and Jennifer Espisito.

If doesn’t lecture. It illustrates. Too bad you’re commenting on something you’ve never seen
/———/ I’ll amend my remarks: I don’t waste my time or money watching movies that lecture or illustrates to me.
Example?

That explains a lot of your posts

That explains a lot of your posts
/—-/ Yes, I’m immune from indoctrination.

Forum List

Back