Crap!!

Talk about frustration! Most of you know I picked up a 17 inch laptop recently. Well for a temporary carrying solution I picked up a backpack style bag for about $30. I've discovered I really don't like the backpack style so I started searching for what I wanted in an expandable, leather shoulder carry.
Since I want a little extra room I type in 18" (18 inch/eighteen inch, etc) laptop bag (case, etc) and the results come up with all different sizes not 18" specifically. Not only not 18" specifically there are 2000 + listings to search through and most appear to be 16" or smaller! :evil:
If I add the specifics I want or search with parentheses it gets even worse, nothing is found.
Now somehow I get lucky on an E-Bay search and find the exact bag I want, 18" expandable, shoulder carry soft briefcase style constructed of distressed brown leather. Then I see the price. :eek: I am not paying $420 F#*%ing bucks for a f*#%ing laptop bag!!!!!!!!!!

Here is one for $5.00 . Has the cushioned sides on it, and practically indestructable. Further, because it looks like a cardboard box, no one will try to steal it from you.

8SRTBS4gTcmiPXa0ChPc3_8LcAeTChZ6LA2-kU5AxasWbDK6JNhXE-5yOmsmSWnjhtI7qPy2T3e3KwHO3uRZhQsfJJ8GlR7MH2PnvL9VEaKJ9BvTcdUVUqZX8YIDFcV05e_MLC9EZtiVq8hl0_MK8YxcDihuIRW5XbQOPgasWQ

==========
On the serious side, here are some leather computer bags for under a $100.

http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Ba...Messenger-Bag/4806546/product.html?rcmndsrc=2

http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Ba...ts-Laptop-Bag/3665584/product.html?rcmndsrc=2

http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Ba...ive-Briefcase/5042695/product.html?rcmndsrc=2

http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Ba...rs-Carriage-Bag/31600/product.html?rcmndsrc=2

Last edited:
Talk about frustration! Most of you know I picked up a 17 inch laptop recently. Well for a temporary carrying solution I picked up a backpack style bag for about $30. I've discovered I really don't like the backpack style so I started searching for what I wanted in an expandable, leather shoulder carry.
Since I want a little extra room I type in 18" (18 inch/eighteen inch, etc) laptop bag (case, etc) and the results come up with all different sizes not 18" specifically. Not only not 18" specifically there are 2000 + listings to search through and most appear to be 16" or smaller! :evil:
If I add the specifics I want or search with parentheses it gets even worse, nothing is found.
Now somehow I get lucky on an E-Bay search and find the exact bag I want, 18" expandable, shoulder carry soft briefcase style constructed of distressed brown leather. Then I see the price. :eek: I am not paying $420 F#*%ing bucks for a f*#%ing laptop bag!!!!!!!!!!
If you want a man purse you can sew your own...just sayin'

If you want a man purse you can sew your own...just sayin'

If it says tactical, its not a purse.

Most of us know?

Did I know? If not, I'm hurt, and if I do, I'm worried I may need ginkoba.

Most of us know?

Did I know? If not, I'm hurt, and if I do, I'm worried I may need ginkoba.

We can fix that these days.

YoungFrankensteinIgor.jpg

I've been carrying laptops for 20 years now. I've had all the bags, leather, nylon, backpack, you name it.

None of them are any good unless you're on a plane.

I now buy a new laptop about once a year, sell the old one, and chunk the new one in the passenger seat.

I carry a blackberry and an iPad, and I'd love to get rid of both.

I've been carrying laptops for 20 years now. I've had all the bags, leather, nylon, backpack, you name it.

None of them are any good unless you're on a plane.

I now buy a new laptop about once a year, sell the old one, and chunk the new one in the passenger seat.

I carry a blackberry and an iPad, and I'd love to get rid of both.

Why no good unless on a plane?

I just never needed all the crap you load into one other than the laptop. If I was at home, I had CDs and floppy disks (yeah, I'm that old :)

If I was at my office, same thing.

The only time the extra space ever came in handy was when I was travelling, and then, pretty much when I was confined to the plane for more than 4 hours.

They're throwaways now. I think I paid $600 or so for this thing I'm beating on now with 500g HD and 4G ram? I paid $9,000 for my first desktop, and upgraded it a year later to 512K of RAM.

I just never needed all the crap you load into one other than the laptop. If I was at home, I had CDs and floppy disks (yeah, I'm that old :)

The only time the extra space ever came in handy was when I was travelling, and then, pretty much when I was confined to the plane for more than 4 hours.

They're throwaways now. I think I paid $600 or so for this thing I'm beating on now with 500g HD and 4G ram? I paid $9,000 for my first desktop, and upgraded it a year later to 512K of RAM.

I built a $1500 desktop gaming computer for under $500 about a year ago. I just rebuilt a 6 year old Dell E1705 (17inch) for $160 total cost, including the laptop, for my wife. Most people have no clue how easy it is.

I built a $1500 desktop gaming computer for under $500 about a year ago. I just rebuilt a 6 year old Dell E1705 (17inch) for $160 total cost, including the laptop, for my wife. Most people have no clue how easy it is.

Things are easy only if you know how to do them. :)

Here's what the $420 bag looks like.

9001-18-a.jpg

Think of it like this. That is about the same as a woman would pay for a handbag

Get the bag!..its a very nice choice...and you know you want it! Just do it!

Here's what the $420 bag looks like.

9001-18-a.jpg

Think of it like this. That is about the same as a woman would pay for a handbag

Get the bag!..its a very nice choice...and you know you want it! Just do it!

I wonder if it comes with matching shoes?

I am sure you can find a nice pair of boots to match. :)

GET THE BAG!!! You know you want it.

If not you will get something now..and end up getting the one you want in the end anyway. :eusa_whistle:

anyway..i think its a great bag. Do you have a link for it? It almost looks like a coach bag.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back