CPI report inflation higher than expected

Here I am. What world do you live in? The United States economy is absolutely motoring. A year ago, there were lots of concerns. Wage pushed inflation, a looming recession with high unemployment, a bear market. Honestly, some of it was just stupid, the bear market part the biggest example.

I am going to tell you what has happened. For flippin decades, corporations have had their way. The Trump corporate tax cut the biggest example. Margins went through the roof, I mean seriously. Take the food industry, which I have intimate knowledge of. Food manufactures have seen their margins explode. I am talking Kraft, Cargill, Tyson. Hell, even pet food, like Purina. Now, they are willing to sacrifice those margins to get market share and keep good help.

I spent this morning with an individual that buys millions of dollars worth of seafood every single month, wholesale. He spent this morning with me because I know the market. Farm raised catfish filets, he pays three bucks a pound. THREE BUCKS A POUND. What protein can you get for three bucks a pound? Snow Crab, fawk Alaska, six bucks a pound from Norway. And absolutely beautiful. Scallops, I mean like 10/20's, from Japan, ten bucks a pound. I had him laughing, saying, yeah, beautiful but radioactive.

Egg prices have dropped drastically, Trump is a dumbass, ain't bought a dozen eggs in the last twenty years. Ground beef, half the price it was at the height of the pandemic. The McDonald's Big Mac, well you are a total sucker if you ain't using their app.

IF you follow the economists they think Biden is heading us to our worst economic climate in history.
Please share the details.
Based upon all the indications and manipulations of the Fed, we're certainly on the road to economic disaster worse than the 1930's Depression.
What indications?
Economic Disaster?????? Worse than the Depression??????

Why?
Give us the details.

Here I am. What world do you live in? The United States economy is absolutely motoring. A year ago, there were lots of concerns. Wage pushed inflation, a looming recession with high unemployment, a bear market. Honestly, some of it was just stupid, the bear market part the biggest example.

I am going to tell you what has happened. For flippin decades, corporations have had their way. The Trump corporate tax cut the biggest example. Margins went through the roof, I mean seriously. Take the food industry, which I have intimate knowledge of. Food manufactures have seen their margins explode. I am talking Kraft, Cargill, Tyson. Hell, even pet food, like Purina. Now, they are willing to sacrifice those margins to get market share and keep good help.

I spent this morning with an individual that buys millions of dollars worth of seafood every single month, wholesale. He spent this morning with me because I know the market. Farm raised catfish filets, he pays three bucks a pound. THREE BUCKS A POUND. What protein can you get for three bucks a pound? Snow Crab, fawk Alaska, six bucks a pound from Norway. And absolutely beautiful. Scallops, I mean like 10/20's, from Japan, ten bucks a pound. I had him laughing, saying, yeah, beautiful but radioactive.

Egg prices have dropped drastically, Trump is a dumbass, ain't bought a dozen eggs in the last twenty years. Ground beef, half the price it was at the height of the pandemic. The McDonald's Big Mac, well you are a total sucker if you ain't using their app.
Posts #1 and #2. Read 'em.

What didn’t you like about the report? More core inflation reduction.

Ole Potatohead claims that 81 million Americans voted for him in 2020. How many votes will be fraudulently created for him in 2024 by the Democrat Dirty Tricks Department after his disastrous administration? 100 million? 150 million? 200 million?

Inflation report was fine. It showed 0.1% improvement in core prices. The market wanted 0.2%. The market has been wrong about everything for 3 years. The improvement is stairstepped. Every other month ya’ll be howling about it being too high or too low. It’s another step in the right direction in the best economy in the world.
NO, an economist would contradict you on 3 points.
That highly-inflated prices are staying does not mean inlfation has been ended.
The market has been wrong, but you are RIGHT ? Yeah, should we lick your boots :)
It is a step in the wrong direction as now we have
1) Biden's secret redefinition of Recession
2) Undeniable month after month BLS revisions in the job market to inflate jobs by almost

Initial US employment reports overstated by 439,000 jobs in 2023​

3) Those new jobs were people holding now 2 jobs AND almost 8 million have just plain left the jobforce.

You are a fraud but readers who don't investigate are still to blame

Ole Potatohead claims that 81 million Americans voted for him in 2020. How many votes will be fraudulently created for him in 2024 by the Democrat Dirty Tricks Department after his disastrous administration? 100 million? 150 million? 200 million?
You are a glitching Russian bot talking about nothing relevant in this thread. Please call your human programmer to the keyboard. This thread should be about another good month of CPI data and really good PPI data.

NO, an economist would contradict you on 3 points.
The market has been wrong, but you are RIGHT ? Yeah, should we lick your boots :)
It is a step in the wrong direction as now we have
2) Undeniable month after month BLS revisions in the job market to inflate jobs by almost

3) Those new jobs were people holding now 2 jobs AND almost 8 million have just plain left the jobforce.

You are a fraud but readers who don't investigate are still to blame
A couple of points:
  • Wages and inflation are in lock step since 2019. Your buying power is the same.
Your data points below are meaningless because you dont understand them.
  1. Recession is just a name. No matter what you feel happened in 2021 we are in a really robust and strong economy now.
  2. Jobs were never over estimated by 439k, that is a lie. The averaged was within 50k.. on a base of 155M jobs. That is an accuracy rate of 99.977% accurate. It’s like reporting the temperature every day and being off 1 degree a day and saying your estimate was 365 degrees too high. That is stupid. It was off 1 degree.
  3. There are more jobs in the US. There are more people working only 1 job than ever before, both in raw numbers and in percent to total. We have proportionally fewer people in 2 jobs.
I know they try to confuse you simple folk but if you actually tried a little you’d understand the data, what they mean, and then you would have a reasonable opinion of the economy. I am sorry you don’t understand. They shouldn’t be taking advantage of you.

No one isa saying "inflation has ended". That would be stupid. HIGH inflation has ended.
There is no such thing

Reports are always reviewed and often revised downward. Even give the revision 2023 still accounted for over 2 million jobs created.

As a per cent of the work for there are FEWER people working two jobs than 2019. And oh yeah...working from home (which is a thing in case you haven't heard) makes holding two jobs much easier

Really. How about you quoting some and providing links. But just a heads up, Laffer don't count.
You get nothing because you cpntest nothing. I know your type. You get a kick out of sending me on a huge trawl of data and much writing while you sit on your ass.
Contest something specific and we can talk and don't pretend to have no opinion "Duh,Imjust you know interested "

Everytime you dine out or buy groceries you realize inflation is out of control.
Here is about a week’s worth of food for a person, breakfast and dinner for under $25 at my local supermarket. If you are struggling to buy your food it isn’t Biden’s fault.. You are retarded.

6 person days of Eggs and bacon
3 person days of spaghetti with meat sauce and green beans for dinner (need to add seasoning to homemade sauce)
3 person days of chicken and rice with broccoli (add seasoning)

It’s not even an attempt to be frugal getting lean beef etc.

IMG_0648.jpeg

Forum List

Back