CPI report inflation higher than expected

Let's have a word on this once and for all. The ridiculous notion trying to separate the complex formulary of core inflation and price gouging or supply and demand makes no sense to the lay person.

The Final product which becomes the cost of living per capita is what 99% of the populace is looking at and for them there has been no improvement whatsoever...in fact it has become worse.

It's not wrong to say that inflation at the consumer level is really the product of all the variables contained in the final cost factor; there is absolutely no reason at all to separate them unless you are an economist working for the government or some big corporation. Therefore CORE inflation versus REAL inflation becomes a crock of bullshit and a highly resented claim and rightly so.

Last edited:
Nothing a partisan hack like you could say to upset me. Everyone here knows you just spew bullshit.
My bad. Had I known you were calm enough to call me names I wouldn’t have suggested you were mad.

:icon_rolleyes:

Anyone who claims this is a perfect economy is DUMB AS FUCK or A FUCKING LIAR.

There is no middle ground.
Perfect? Our economy is 100% biased to the rich and capital owners at the expense of the working man. It is NOT perfect. However, given the parameters that the economy only is designed to work for the rich… it is doing amazing right now.

I feel like this is a public service.

This is an explanation in inflation rates for cult fucks:

Let’s start at $100. Lets say the Levadopa given to Biden to fight dementia costs $100 per pill.

Lets say we have 3% inflation. Then after 1 year, it costs $103/pill.

Next year inflation is 10%, now Levadopa given to Joe Biden is $113.30 per pill.

Next year inflation is back down to 3%. Now the Levadopa given to Joe Biden to fight dementia costs $116.70.

WHEN WILL THE PILL GET BACK DOWN TO $100? It will not unless we have contraction.

DO YOU CULT FUCKS GET IT?

You get nothing because you cpntest nothing. I know your type. You get a kick out of sending me on a huge trawl of data and much writing while you sit on your ass.
Contest something specific and we can talk and don't pretend to have no opinion
I am contesting something specific,

IF you follow the economists they think Biden is heading us to our worst economic climate in history.

It is a simple task. Just quote one, one economist that is making the claim you say "economists" are making. But note, I have already crossed out Arther Laffer, he is a partisan hack, and a fool.

Goldman Sachs, maybe you have heard of them,

The US economy defied recession fears in 2023 and made substantial progress toward a soft landing. The key surprise has been much stronger than expected GDP growth, though this has not prevented the labor market from continuing to rebalance or inflation from continuing to fall. Goldman Sachs Research expects GDP to grow 1.8% in 2024 on a Q4/Q4 basis (or 2.1% on a full-year basis), again easily beating low consensus expectations. Our economists forecast just under 2% consumption growth, with real disposable income growth of nearly 3% partly offset by a 1pp rise in the saving rate and expect the FOMC to deliver its first rate cut in 2024Q4 once core PCE inflation falls below 2.5%.

I think the GDP growth prediction is a bit conservative. Partly because I am not seeing the increase in the savings rate Goldman Sachs is predicting, even if it is small. That has kind of been my thing for the last four decades, anticipating both the savings rate and interest rates. It is called the Paradox of Thrift, and one of the reasons that I am striking off Laffer is that I have been in a meeting room, with him and others, lecturing him on the Paradox of Thrift. Sure, it was over forty years ago, OMB meeting under Ronald Reagan, and I was the snot-nosed TA numbers cruncher. But I was right, they were wrong, and the Reagan administration immediately took action. Honestly, I don't know why Laffer is even relevant anymore. Benavie left Economics and went to the New York Philharmonic.

I agree with Sachs, we will see some rate cuts from the Fed going forward. But inflation will not get to their target, it won't matter. Income growth at 3% is way too conservative. The labor market is tight as a damn drum. The gig economy is real, a huge part of that due to the ACA. 20 million people got their health insurance through the exchange this year. The ramifications of that deserves its own thread, suffice it to say, three percent ain't going to move the employment numbers. If companies want employees they are going to have to show them the money.

Let's have a word on this once and for all. The ridiculous notion trying to separate the complex formulary of core inflation and price gouging or supply and demand makes no sense to the lay person.

The Final product which becomes the cost of living per capita is what 99% of the populace is looking at andncomfor them there has been no improvement whatsoever...in fact it has become worse.

It's not wrong to say that inflation at the consumer level is really the product of all the variables contained in the final cost factor; there is absolutely no reason at all to separate them unless you are an economist working for the government or some big corporation. Therefore CORE inflation versus REAL inflation becomes a crock of bullshit and a highly resented claim and rightly so.
Simple question, is your income higher now than it was in 2021? In 2019? And don't be ashamed if you are dependent on the government, Social Security, by age or by disability. I mean how are those investment returns?

You are not listening. On the average, and sorry if you can't even reach the standard of "average", consumers today can buy the same basket of goods they bought in 2020, and they have a thousand dollars left over.

Simple question, is your income higher now than it was in 2021? In 2019? And don't be ashamed if you are dependent on the government, Social Security, by age or by disability. I mean how are those investment returns?

You are not listening. On the average, and sorry if you can't even reach the standard of "average", consumers today can buy the same basket of goods they bought in 2020, and they have a thousand dollars left over.
That's pretty much crap. Myself? I am not affected but I am also not blind. Your claim holds no water whatsoever.

There isn't a single major grocery item that has been reduced in price between 2020 and 24. I have no idea where you getting your numbers from but the source Is seriously mathematically deficient.

Please don't tell me it's another government regulated statistic.The core inflation versus real inflation bullshit has become a message of irritation to the public that they are no longer interested in hearing. You're saying that wage increases have made the difference? That remains to be seen and depends on the value of the dollar at any given moment.

Right now we have record debt per capita, record homelessness, record medical debt, and all time high auto re-possessions. These things speak to wealth drainage not wealth increase.

That's pretty much crap. Myself? I am not affected but I am also not blind. Your claim holds no water whatsoever.

There isn't a single major grocery item that has been reduced in price between 2020 and 24. I have no idea where you getting your numbers from but the source Is seriously mathematically deficient.

Please don't tell me it's another government regulated statistic.The core inflation versus real inflation bullshit has become a message of irritation to the public that they are no longer interested in hearing. You're saying that wage increases have made the difference? That remains to be seen and depends on the value of the dollar at any given moment.

Right now we have record debt per capita, record homelessness, record medical debt, and all time high auto re-possessions. These things speak to wealth drainage not wealth increase.
I am not buying the record medical debt, you are going to have to document that. Record auto repossessions, everyone knew, auto loans were the next "mortgage crisis" waiting to happen. Dealers fudge the numbers on loan applications, it is what they do.

Cheaper grocery prices, yeah, they are out there. Velvetta Cheese, holy shit, it is like two dollars for a three pound box lower than it was in 2020. Catfish filets, damn, five bucks a pound. Show me that in 2020. Snow crab, flippin Snow Crab, with the season closed, seven flippin bucks a pound. And dude, I am giving you retail prices, want wholesale prices, Catfish at three bucks a pound, Snow Crab at six, from Norway, absolutely beautiful.

King Crab, two years in a row with the season closed in Alaska, twenty bucks a pound all day long, Russia has got to sell something. That shit was fifty bucks a pound in 2020, with an open season in Alaska. Salmon filets, out of Chile, seven bucks a damn pound. Fresh shrimp, wild caught off the Carolina coast, bringing it in at seven bucks a damn pound.

Look, if you go to the grocery store to buy cookies, yeah, you are getting screwed. But who the fawk buys cookies? Cereal, yep, getting screwed, but damn, you deserve it, for buying FAWKING CEREAL.

Supper tonight, Fettuccini alfredo, grilled chicken, Ceasar salad, and a strawberry, banana, and black berry mix for desert, with a touch of sugar. Fifteen bucks, for two people, and there will be leftovers. But hey, you keep buying your cookies.

Last edited:
I am not buying the record medical debt, you are going to have to document that. Record auto repossessions, everyone knew, auto loans were the next "mortgage crisis" waiting to happen. Dealers fudge the numbers on loan applications, it is what they do.

Cheaper grocery prices, yeah, they are out there. Velvetta Cheese, holy shit, it is like two dollars for a three pound box lower than it was in 2020. Catfish filets, damn, five bucks a pound. Show me that in 2020. Snow crab, flippin Snow Crab, with the season closed, seven flippin bucks a pound. And dude, I am giving you retail prices, want wholesale prices, Catfish at three bucks a pound, Snow Crab at six, from Norway, absolutely beautiful.

King Crab, two years in a row with the season closed in Alaska, twenty bucks a pound all day long, Russia has got to sell something. That shit was fifty bucks a pound in 2020, with an open season in Alaska. Salmon filets, out of Chile, seven bucks a damn pound. Fresh shrimp, wild caught off the Carolina coast, bringing it in at seven bucks a damn pound.

Look, if you go to the grocery store to buy cookies, yeah, you are getting screwed. But who the fawk buys cookies? Cereal, yep, getting screwed, but damn, you deserve it, for buying FAWKING CEREAL.

Supper tonight, Fettuccini alfredo, grilled chicken, Ceasar salad, and a strawberry, banana, and black berry mix for desert, with a touch of sugar. Fifteen bucks, for two people, and there will be leftovers. But hey, you keep buying your cookies.
Ok....I'll buy in....
It helps to be a smart shopper.
I am a creature of habit and I also watch the grocery prices like a computer....just a thing with me. Certainly people should put some effort into smart buying.

Everytime you dine out or buy groceries you realize inflation is out of control.
Inflation is down to what it normally is.

Yea, it bumped up slightly from 3.2 to 3.4.

Big whoop

Anyone who claims this is a perfect economy is DUMB AS FUCK or A FUCKING LIAR.

There is no middle ground.

Dummy, no one claimed perfect economy.

You just can’t deny that it’s pretty good, so you are down to strawman knocking.

Forum List

Back