Court allows Trump to use $3.6 billion in military funds to build border barriers

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
A federal appeals court in Louisiana on Wednesday ruled the government can use $3.6 billion in military funds to construct border barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border.

In a 2-1 ruling, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, based in New Orleans, granted the administration's request for the court to stay, or temporarily halt, a ruling made last month by a federal judge in El Paso that blocked officials from using the Pentagon funds to fulfill one of President Trump's main campaign pledges.

(Excerpt) Read more at cbsnews.com ...

------------

Judges Andrew Oldham and Edith Jones, appointees of Mr. Trump and former President Ronald Reagan, respectively, agreed to grant the administration’s request. Judge Stephen Higginson, who was appointed by former President Obama, dissented.....Certainly proving that Judge appointments DO matter!

Mixed feelings about this.

Walls might work in high-traffic areas, but sanctions on Illegals-hiring businesses would work far better over the long run...

Metaphorically crucifying employers of Illegal Aliens in the law courts... long jail sentences, crushing fines, etc...

As well as making it the country legally inhospitable to Illegal Aliens ( driving, housing, services, banking, wire-transfer, etc. )...

But, if one must build such a wall, then it would have been better if Congress would have allocated separate funds for this purpose.

On the other hand... if one feels the wall must be built, and one is not getting the funds from other sources, and...

One identifies funding resources that either (a) are not immediately needed or (b) are likely to be easily replaced by Congress later, then...

I guess this works, as a short-to-medium -term solution, to keep the project moving forward...

Anything substantive done by the US Government to impede the tidal wave of Illegal Aliens sneaking across our borders is a good thing...

And, of course, this loss at the Federal Appeals level is sure to anger and agitate Illegals -loving Hispanic vote-pandering Progressives...

That, by itself, may make the whole thing worthwhile... :21:

Last edited:
Any day now we should have the December number. I'm hoping its below 40,000 to prove that the new improved wall is working.

FY20_NOV_SWB_Migration%20Graphic.jpg

not a fan of the wall but whatever. it's not worth the massive arguments back and forth. my stance is build it where it makes sense, use technology where it doesn't.

now - i think the policy of applying for asylum AND having to stay in mexico while you do it has slowed things down that we're seeing. the game was simply come to the US and demand asylum for any ass-nugget reason. seldom was that reason valid. but it got them in and then they just ghost the system as long as they can.

now that they can't come in and then do it, they're back to old ways of coming in and the numbers reflect that.

A federal appeals court in Louisiana on Wednesday ruled the government can use $3.6 billion in military funds to construct border barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border.

why not simply use the military

they'll be looking for work ,after Iraq kicks them out....

I'd rather see them get the $$$, instead of some low bid gub'mt contractor

~S~

why not simply use the military

they'll be looking for work ,after Iraq kicks them out....

I'd rather see them get the $$$, instead of some low bid gub'mt contractor

~S~
Well WE could attack Venezuela.....those poor people have all that oil that their current communist government could use that revenue to FEED their starving people!

Forum List

Back