Courageous

whoisit

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2016
A great movie about family.A Christian movie without the topic being pushed, not the main subject of the movie.

Did you see the movie since you didn't talk about the movie?

Oh yes, I saw the movie, sorry I didn't tell much. Some people miss a good movie if you mention any religion, but the movie was about these cops and their families although religion wasn't that much a part of it. Xid you watch the trailer?
I'm a believer but seldom watch movies for the religious aspect of it.

Oh yes, I saw the movie, sorry I didn't tell much. Some people miss a good movie if you mention any religion, but the movie was about these cops and their families although religion wasn't that much a part of it. Xid you watch the trailer?
I'm a believer but seldom watch movies for the religious aspect of it.
Yes, I saw the promo, it looked like another story of families living.

Yes, I saw the promo, it looked like another story of families living.
It's basically about life in American society. Why are you so negative about things in genera? To some it is a good movie to others not so much ,like everything else in life.

I saw the movie a few years ago, maybe on Netflix. I was not impressed. I didn't think it was a bad movie, just not a very good movie. Characters in this movie as in most Christian movies don't often sound like people in real life. They sound like a Christian's imagine of what real life should be. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 36% with a comment of "While the filmmaking is fairly competent, Courageous is overall worthless to anybody who doesn't subscribe to its dogmatic agenda." However the audience score which I would assume was primarily Christian gave it an 86%. Christian movie production companies continue to create movies by Christians for Christians.

There are some good secularly movies with Christian's values that can be enjoyed by all faiths. For example:
A Beautiful Day in Neighborhood
Gravity
A Hidden Life
Silence

I saw the movie a few years ago, maybe on Netflix. I was not impressed. I didn't think it was a bad movie, just not a very good movie. Characters in this movie as in most Christian movies don't often sound like people in real life. They sound like a Christian's imagine of what real life should be. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 36% with a comment of "While the filmmaking is fairly competent, Courageous is overall worthless to anybody who doesn't subscribe to its dogmatic agenda." However the audience score which I would assume was primarily Christian gave it an 86%. Christian movie production companies continue to create movies by Christians for Christians.

There are some good secularly movies with Christian's values that can be enjoyed by all faiths. For example:
A Beautiful Day in Neighborhood
Gravity
A Hidden Life
Silence

Flopper , I didn't see that much religion in it at all, what I saw was mostly about fathers and their children. But there was religion in it so guess it was both?

Flopper , I didn't see that much religion in it at all, what I saw was mostly about fathers and their children. But there was religion in it so guess it was both?
It’s been a number of years since seeing it so I don’t recall the details.

Forum List

Back