Could Palin actually win in 2012 Y/N??

If nominated by the GOP and the economy is as it is today could Palin win?

• NO. Palin is not electable, no how no way, NEVER

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • YES. Desperate voters do desperate things, look at 2008.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • NO. she would get crushed in the presidential debate, she simply isn't smart enough

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • YES. The people "who cling to guns & religion" have faith in Sarah

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
In this wacky world we live in today I doubt she could win......

But, if the anointed one continues with his ego driven social justice agenda and our new and improved House makes him veto a repeal of Obamacare, the dog catcher can beat Obama......

Let's be practical, Obama was slammed on 11/2/2010, he has made Carter look good, do you really believe she couldn't beat him, W is more popular than the anointed one......

Personally I prefer Gingrich, but I do not think he can get the nomination......

obama makes Carter look like a top ten favored President.

I'm sure you know about as much about Jimmy Carter as you do the dark side of Planet X but hey, your right wing suzerians have told you that Carter = bad.

Nominate palin.

I'm sure you know about as much about Jimmy Carter as you do the dark side of Planet X but hey, your right wing suzerians have told you that Carter = bad.

Nominate palin.

carter was bad. and so is palin.

What did carter do that was bad?

Don't tell me what OPEC did. What Carter did.

IMO, it was the exact opposite of Bush.

Inability to stay a course of action.

One will make you an idiot as new facts emerge.

The other will just confuse people and result in nothing getting done, or at least the perception thereof. Which in politics is just as bad.

The other will just confuse people and result in nothing getting done, or at least the perception thereof. Which in politics is just as bad.

Come on Radio, you're smarter than this. I was looking for something specific. A bad budget proposal, a bad executive order, something he actually did.

Come on Radio, you're smarter than this. I was looking for something specific. A bad budget proposal, a bad executive order, something he actually did.

A lack of leadership ability isn't a problem?

The annointed Kenyan did it.

Why not Sarah?

Just look back at all the presidents that have been installed in last 50 years, and you have to say yes. In favor of your yes, is Hillary will not run in 2012.

MOTORCYCLE-OUT-HOUSE.jpg

Nah, not a problem. It has always been clear Cheney run the WH & Bush. Was that a problem?:eusa_whistle:

The Right doesn't know the real Carter, as he was always a trope in the manufactured Reagan narrative.

Carter was an evangelical who deregulated transportation and communications. He was socially to the right of Reagan (not the manufactured Reagan, but the Reagan who never set foot in a church and instituted California's most liberal abortion policy). Carter's foreign policy was closer to the sober isolationism of the prewar Right (whereas Reagan was a Truman/Cold War liberal who thought Washington was competent enough to save the world from evil, i.e., he didn't just want Washington to run the United States; he wanted a government big enough to reconfigure the globe on American principals. Ronnie put the U.S. on a path of bankruptcy with absurdities like Star Wars. And he had the criminal bravado to hide the money off-budget in emergency spending measures. Study what the CATO Institute said about how the Cold War and War on Terrorism has grown government more than Johnson's Great Society. Reagan, unlike Carter, spent us off a cliff. He was the first Republican president to completely abandon pay-as-you go. He wanted to cut taxes and choke government revenue while expanding defense spending, thus creating deficits as far as the eye could see).

Carter got energy right, saying we needed to decrease our dependency on oil, lest we go bankrupt in a never-ending Middle East quagmire. Reagan said he was a crazy lefty using that devil science to control American consumption habits . . . and then he proceeded to radically increase our military investment in the Middle East, providing endless support to terrorist nations like Iran and Saudi Arabia. He even removed Hussein's Iraq from the list of terrorist nations. Compared to Carter -- who was socially on the Right and fiscally in the center -- Reagan was a fiscal disaster who not only got energy completely wrong, but strengthened radical islamic elements in the Middle East. We are lying in his bed.

The Right has always lived in a hermetically sealed bubble when it comes to Reagan and Carter. They revise history in order to bolster their current ideological hand. They want to construct a histroy where they weren't big spenders who grew the size, power, and debt of government. Unfortunately, their well-meaning base is too historically illiterate to pierce the Reagan mythos.

Last edited:

Nah, not a problem. It has always been clear Cheney run the WH & Bush. Was that a problem?:eusa_whistle:

?

The topic was Carter and his lack of leadership.

Bush had a leadership problem for an entirely different reason.

The 2010 elections proved a few things, actually old adages..."voters ALWAYS vote THEIR wallet." Ideology only goes so far. In 2008 the GOP fucked-up and deserved to lose, they did, and look to whom...a first term senator.

If the economy does not improve by election day 2012, does anyone believe that Palin could not win?

Is "drill baby drill" any worse than "energy costs necessarily need to skyrocket"?

Lets do a poll on 2012....

by a vote of 16 to 7 she is unelectable. DUH!

The Right doesn't know the real Carter, as he was always a trope in the manufactured Reagan narrative.

Carter was an evangelical who deregulated transportation and communications. He was socially to the right of Reagan (not the manufactured Reagan, but the Reagan who never set foot in a church and instituted California's most liberal abortion policy). Carter's foreign policy was closer to the sober isolationism of the prewar Right (whereas Reagan was a Truman/Cold War liberal who thought Washington was competent enough to save the world from evil, i.e., he didn't just want Washington to run the United States; he wanted a government big enough to reconfigure the globe on American principals. Ronnie put the U.S. on a path of bankruptcy with absurdities like Star Wars. And he had the criminal bravado to hide the money off-budget in emergency spending measures. Study what the CATO Institute said about how the Cold War and War on Terrorism has grown government more than Johnson's Great Society. Reagan, unlike Carter, spent us off a cliff. He was the first Republican president to completely abandon pay-as-you go. He wanted to cut taxes and choke government revenue while expanding defense spending, thus creating deficits as far as the eye could see).

Carter got energy right, saying we needed to decrease our dependency on oil, lest we go bankrupt in a never-ending Middle East quagmire. Reagan said he was a crazy lefty using that devil science to control American consumption habits . . . and then he proceeded to radically increase our military investment in the Middle East, providing endless support to terrorist nations like Iran and Saudi Arabia. He even removed Hussein's Iraq from the list of terrorist nations. Compared to Carter -- who was socially on the Right and fiscally in the center -- Reagan was a fiscal disaster who not only got energy completely wrong, but strengthened radical islamic elements in the Middle East. We are lying in his bed.

The Right has always lived in a hermetically sealed bubble when it comes to Reagan and Carter. They revise history in order to bolster their current ideological hand. They want to construct a histroy where they weren't big spenders who grew the size, power, and debt of government. Unfortunately, their well-meaning base is too historically illiterate to pierce the Reagan mythos.

Two comments the first is HORSE SHIT
The second one is I lived through Carter and he was weak ass limp noodle a failure through and through but obama makes him look competent

The country would have to be in total ruin for her to have any chance at all. as in 25 percent unemployment....

So you're saying that Palin would be better at getting the bad economy going than Obama is. You're right.

Could Palin actually win in 2012 Y/N??

Why not? I think we should just let her win. This back and forth between the margins is getting old. This country is so full of reactionary fuckwit christion fundimentalist morons that we should just let em take the reigns and thoroughly destroy the USA. No more half measures. As soon as the country fails for real...anarchy is inevitable... all of societies safegaurds fail... the streets will be war zones and the much needed ethnic cleansing of stupid people can commence. That is IMO the only possible solution towards a rebirth of a decent America. Kill all of the haters, bigots, religious fundimentalists.... Most of em will kill each other...best plan is to sit it out for a few months then pick off the few that survive.

That's exactly what we said about Odumbo in 2008. Better to have a radical Marxist at the helm than a RINO like McCain who would have favored some of the same bad policies as Obama. Now all the blame for the failures goes right to Obama, which was proven on Election Day.

Palin, much like G.W., has the amazing ability to make you feel stupid for having a similar position as her on any given issue.

I guess that's why so many Democrats running for office ran as far away as they could from ObamaCare. Either they didn't mention it all or they said they were against it. By the end of the campaign, some of the Dems were sounding just like the Pubs.

Forum List

Back