Zone1 Could Humans Survive a Nuclear War Between Nato and Russia?

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020

It's said that the world is closer to nuclear war now than it was during the Cuban missile crisis. However, on a bright note, that wasn't even close for those of us who have a real understanding of the situation.

But can it be denied that the world is now closer to nuclear war than it's ever been?

Perhaps it's time for the discussion?

I'll put it up on the board, if for no other purpose than to be able to gauge the attitudes of the board's members.

And of course determining whether or not members are more likely to avoid the question?

The Russians love their children too.
I'll put you down as avoiding the topic.

Can you contemplate the possibility of a limited nuclear war in which Russia resorts to the use of a nuclear weapon on the Ukraine?

Wouldn't that put the onus on the US to consider an escalation of a nuclear weapon on Russia?

Or would the use of a tactical nuke by Russia just call for an emergency meeting of the UN General Assembly?

I'll put you down as avoiding the topic.

Can you contemplate the possibility of a limited nuclear war in which Russia resorts to the use of a nuclear weapon on the Ukraine?

Wouldn't that put the onus on the US to consider an escalation of a nuclear weapon on Russia?

Or would the use of a tactical nuke by Russia just call for an emergency meeting of the UN General Assembly?
I don't think the Russians will use a nuke.

I don't think the Russians will use a nuke.
Yes, I expected that the topic would get mostly denial of the possibilities.

I think the highest probability is that the Russians will if their backs are up against a wall, but they will do it on their understanding that America won't dare to escalate.

I can only say for sure that Russia will never accept a loss, and so we can speculate further from there.

Maybe a good question would be: What would be a loss to Russia? The loss of the Ukraine as a buffer state against Nato expansion?

Can we all discuss without turning it into another armchair war that brings comfort to the forum's members?

Yes, I expected that the topic would get mostly denial of the possibilities.

I think the highest probability is that the Russians will if their backs are up against a wall, but they will do it on their understanding that America won't dare to escalate.

I can only say for sure that Russia will never accept a loss, and so we can speculate further from there.

Maybe a good question would be: What would be a loss to Russia? The loss of the Ukraine as a buffer state against Nato expansion?

Can we all discuss without turning it into another armchair war that brings comfort to the forum's members?
I think a lot of people would be assassinated very quickly if nukes were used. I don't think it would escalate further. The people that run the world don't want to destroy it.

THIS is not our war.
That was expected, as it's an especially noted promoting of the idea of America not being Russia's primary target.

Is that what you believe?

I'm not scoffing at the idea, I'm just curious on whether or not Russia sees America as the enemy?

I think a lot of people would be assassinated very quickly if nukes were used. I don't think it would escalate further. The people that run the world don't want to destroy it.
You're not clear with that. Are you saying that Russia could use a tactical nuke and then there would be no further escalation by any other country?

As I've said, I think that would be the most likely scenario that would play out.

That was expected, as it's an especially noted promoting of the idea of America not being Russia's primary target.

Is that what you believe?

I'm not scoffing at the idea, I'm just curious on whether or not Russia sees America as the enemy?
I don't think Putin sees the american people as the enemy...but certainly the democrat party.

Where putin, (western to an extent) would not be so quick, China is another story...as well as Iran.

Putin could have used a nuke on Ukraine...he didn't. he wouldn't be there if Trump were President. This may be a foot in the water kinda test. China up next.

and by the way. The provacteur of the Russia Collusion hoax was on the FBI's payroll. I'd be rather furious at the US using my name (Putin) my country (russia) as a means to conduct a quiet coup by US insiders.

I don't think Putin sees the american people as the enemy...but certainly the democrat party.
Putin is an enemy of all western democracies. That's why he has spent so much cash trying to undermine them.

“In its review, the IC found that Russia has covertly transferred over $300 million dollars, and planned to covertly transfer at least hundreds of millions more to foreign political parties, officials and politicians in more than two dozen countries and across four continents in this period,” the official told reporters, adding that “Russia likely has transferred additional funds covertly in cases that have gone undetected.”

There's no doubt in the least that Putin/Russia prefers that Trump makes a comeback. But I don't think Russia's or Putin's caring about the American people would be a factor in this discussion.

Rather, I detect denial of you facing up to the most important question!

Putin is an enemy of all western democracies.

So is Joe Biden.

That's why he has spent so much cash trying to undermine them.

“In its review, the IC found that Russia has covertly transferred over $300 million dollars, and planned to covertly transfer at least hundreds of millions more to foreign political parties, officials and politicians in more than two dozen countries and across four continents in this period,” the official told reporters, adding that “Russia likely has transferred additional funds covertly in cases that have gone undetected.”

The organization formerly known as the Republican Party has become a propaganda arm of Putin's imperialist aims.

I've never seen such a large collection of submissive totalitarian worshippers in my life. Not even the leftie commsyps of the 60s, 70s, and 80s were this bad.

Putin is an enemy of all western democracies. That's why he has spent so much cash trying to undermine them.
Yes, nearly all Western democracies have made Putin the enemy. And they explicitly name Putin instead of naming Russia.

Thanks for the information. I'll check it out as to it being a reliable source.

Forum List

Back