Could America defeat an American guerrilla war?

Civil war ? Hilarious. You wouldn’t last a day without your govt goodies.

And once again, you are making assumptions here. Very bad ones.

Want to know where I have spent most of my life? LA, Baghdad by the Bay, and the suburbs of New York.

Yet, here you are making assumptions because I point out the problems, and just running with them without a shred of facts to back you up.

The funny thing is, you do not even know what group
Take your sanctimonious shit down the road. I DGAFF what group you belong to. I commented on the fact that you, correctly, pointed out that city dwellers would not fare well if it came to an armed conflict as opposed to rural dwellers. I made a simple, true statement that you apparently are incapable of translating due to the tree you are carrying around on your shoulder.
California was lucky in 1989 and 1994, because when major areas were hit with earthquakes
I lived through the Loma Prieta earthquake and I am personally aware of what transpired. I lived in CA from 1968 through 2013. You aren't the only person in the state. BTW, the quote I made was from a classic song from Hank Williams Jr. So strap that chip securely to your shoulder before someone with less patience than I knocks it off. I currently live in a rural area and I am quite self sufficient.

What is the argument about? Does the left fantasize that they could coerce some maniacs to engage in guerilla warfare and blame it on the right? Look what happened to the quirky Branch Dividian suckers who did nothing but send away for (legal) brochures about converting junk WW2 weapons. The lesson is that the government has all the guns and if you think you can hold up in the woods and conduct a guerrilla operation the Feds will be on your sorry asses faster than Biden on a little girl.

And once again, you are making assumptions here. Very bad ones.

Want to know where I have spent most of my life? LA, Baghdad by the Bay, and the suburbs of New York.

Yet, here you are making assumptions because I point out the problems, and just running with them without a shred of facts to back you up.
I’m unimpressed. I’m a nuclear physicist and a test pilot on weekends. Impressed ?

The funny thing is, you do not even know what group I would belong to. Yet when I point out the differences you immediately go on the warpath and start to toss around insults and attack. And you are a perfect example of the kinds of hatreds that are tearing the country apart. And thank you for demonstrating that.

But if such was to happen, there would be no need to "starve" out the urban centers. Simply cut off all the water and power. Starving takes months or years, and is a lot of work. Simply closing all the reservoirs and cutting the power lines is almost instantaneous. Ever seen a big city where even part of it is without water or power for a week or more? I have, it is not pretty. California was lucky in 1989 and 1994, because when major areas were hit with earthquakes, they water still came in. It was unsafe to drink, but it was still available for sanitation. And almost all of the camps set up were horrible, because they had barely functioning sanitation.

And having lived in some of the largest cities in the country, I can see the weaknesses. Seeing a weakness and pointing it out is simply the kind of thing I do, and is not "taking sides".

I simply recognize that is all. There is not much that the rural areas need from the urban areas. But the urban areas are dependent upon the rural areas.
Really ? You like to play one against the other ? Kind of silly isn’t it.

What is the argument about? Does the left fantasize that they could coerce some maniacs to engage in guerilla warfare and blame it on the right? Look what happened to the quirky Branch Dividian suckers who did nothing but send away for (legal) brochures about converting junk WW2 weapons. The lesson is that the government has all the guns and if you think you can hold up in the woods and conduct a guerrilla operation the Feds will be on your sorry asses faster than Biden on a little girl.
It’s not the left in general who are gun crazed lunatics responsible for more right wing extremest terrorist attacks…..

I commented on the fact that you, correctly, pointed out that city dwellers would not fare well if it came to an armed conflict as opposed to rural dwellers.

Actually, I never said that. I said nothing even close to that.

I pointed out one of the issues that is causing division and strife in the nation. Tell me, where exactly did I ever say a single thing about "armed conflict"?

Because I know I said nothing of the sort at all.

In the words of another song, that is "just your imagination running away with you".

Bill Ayers, James Hodgkinson, Stephen Paddock.

Russel Little, Donald DeFreeze, Willie Wolfe, Ted Gold, Terry Robins, Kathy Boudin, David Gilbert, Brian Flanagan, the list just goes on and on and on.

I think the biggest difference is if somebody on the "right wing" forms a group and goes around killing people (like the Manson Family, David Matthews, Timothy McVeigh, etc), the Right Wing pretty much universally condemns them and makes it know they should all be thrown in the slammer for as long as possible if not executed.

The Left on the other hand tends to embrace such people on their side politically, and screams they should not be punished no matter what. They actually make heroes of them and sing their praises for decades to come.

It reminds me so much of Communism in that aspect. Where they will forgive some of the biggest monsters there are, so long as their politics are in line.

Commies!
The Left on the other hand tends to embrace such people on their side politically, and screams they should not be punished no matter what. They actually make heroes of them and sing their praises for decades to come.
Yep, like Trump!

Bill Ayers, James Hodgkinson, Stephen Paddock.
Right wing extremists

Irish War of Independence - This was a guerrilla war. No direct confrontation, just quickly engage, do what damage you can and withdraw.

Basically, if a rebel was spotted and ran for it, he could run into any nearby house, and civilians would take him in and hide him. Enormous support from the local population.

And since the British weren't going to massacre whole villages in retaliation, it worked well.

Vietnam War -- Massive support from the Soviets and Chinese. The terrain, jungles and mountains, neutralized the superiority of American firepower. Soviets supplied ground to air missiles to counter American air superiority.

Americans wanted to win the locals over to the American side, so they were gentile with the locals.

Afghanistan -- Mountainous, rugged, terrain that neutralized a lot of American firepower. Enormous support from the local civilians.

Americans wanted to win the locals over to the American side, so they were gentile with the locals.

Columbia -- The FARC waged a guerilla war for decades. The jungle protected them, and they made massive amounts of cash off of cocaine. They probably had a lot of local support too.

So, American guerillas waging war against America.

At most half the population would support the guerillas. The other half would be recording the guerillas every move on their smartphones and uploading it to the FBI.

Some terrain in America would be very good for waging guerilla warfare. We have mountain ranges, forest and swamps that would stop a lot of American fire power.

But we also have a lot of open areas like the whole Great Plains which would be perfect for armored vehicles and other modern military devices.

Could these American guerillas arm themselves with modern weapons? I don't think there's a country on earth that would want to cross America by importing weapons and ammo, to American rebels.

So, I don't think a guerilla war in America would stand much of a chance.
Been to Chicago lately? Or Portland? Minneapolis?

Actually, I never said that. I said nothing even close to that.

I pointed out one of the issues that is causing division and strife in the nation. Tell me, where exactly did I ever say a single thing about "armed conflict"?

Because I know I said nothing of the sort at all.

In the words of another song, that is "just your imagination running away with you".
Did you read the title of the OP

Forum List

Back