Could America defeat an American guerrilla war?

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
Irish War of Independence - This was a guerrilla war. No direct confrontation, just quickly engage, do what damage you can and withdraw.

Basically, if a rebel was spotted and ran for it, he could run into any nearby house, and civilians would take him in and hide him. Enormous support from the local population.

And since the British weren't going to massacre whole villages in retaliation, it worked well.

Vietnam War -- Massive support from the Soviets and Chinese. The terrain, jungles and mountains, neutralized the superiority of American firepower. Soviets supplied ground to air missiles to counter American air superiority.

Americans wanted to win the locals over to the American side, so they were gentile with the locals.

Afghanistan -- Mountainous, rugged, terrain that neutralized a lot of American firepower. Enormous support from the local civilians.

Americans wanted to win the locals over to the American side, so they were gentile with the locals.

Columbia -- The FARC waged a guerilla war for decades. The jungle protected them, and they made massive amounts of cash off of cocaine. They probably had a lot of local support too.

So, American guerillas waging war against America.

At most half the population would support the guerillas. The other half would be recording the guerillas every move on their smartphones and uploading it to the FBI.

Some terrain in America would be very good for waging guerilla warfare. We have mountain ranges, forest and swamps that would stop a lot of American fire power.

But we also have a lot of open areas like the whole Great Plains which would be perfect for armored vehicles and other modern military devices.

Could these American guerillas arm themselves with modern weapons? I don't think there's a country on earth that would want to cross America by importing weapons and ammo, to American rebels.

So, I don't think a guerilla war in America would stand much of a chance.

America lacks the backbone
They are fat and lazy and complacent

Civil War/ Guerilla warfare takes a willingness to give all up for the cause. Americans don’t want to give up their smartphones, video games and cable TV

Irish War of Independence - This was a guerrilla war. No direct confrontation, just quickly engage, do what damage you can and withdraw.

Basically, if a rebel was spotted and ran for it, he could run into any nearby house, and civilians would take him in and hide him. Enormous support from the local population.

And since the British weren't going to massacre whole villages in retaliation, it worked well.

Vietnam War -- Massive support from the Soviets and Chinese. The terrain, jungles and mountains, neutralized the superiority of American firepower. Soviets supplied ground to air missiles to counter American air superiority.

Afghanistan -- Mountainous, rugged, terrain that neutralized a lot of American firepower. Enormous support from the local civilians.

Columbia -- The FARC waged a guerilla war for decades. The jungle protected them, and they made massive amounts of cash off of cocaine. They probably had a lot of local support too.

At most half the population would support the guerillas. The other half would be recording the guerillas every move on their smartphones and uploading it to the FBI.

Some terrain in America would be very good for waging guerilla warfare. We have mountain ranges, forest and swamps that would stop a lot of American fire power.

But we also have a lot of open areas like the whole Great Plains which would be perfect for armored vehicles and other modern military devices.

Could these American guerillas arm themselves with modern weapons? I don't think thereI's a country on earth that would want to cross America by importing weapons and ammo, to American rebels.

I don't think a determined populace who engages in guerilla warfare can be defeated. History pretty much proves that out.

Could these American guerillas arm themselves with modern weapons? I don't think there's a country on earth that would want to cross America by importing weapons and ammo, to American rebels.

I think you're a little confused, son. The most likely scenario would be the American government waging war on its citizens, which they have already started in case you haven't noticed.

But at least we know which side you're on.

I think an American Civil War plays out differently… I think what you end up with is a Three-way conflict between Leftist Revolutionary Group, Right-Wing Revolutionary Gtoups and the Government. Eventually leading to the country breaking up into anywhere from 2-6 separate nations.

I think you're a little confused, son. The most likely scenario would be the American government waging war on its citizens, which they have already started in case you haven't noticed.

Hoooow?

By arresting and sentencing the Jan 6th rioters?

I think an American Civil War plays out differently… I think what you end up with is a Three-way conflict between Leftist Revolutionary Group, Right-Wing Revolutionary Gtoups and the Government. Eventually leading to the country breaking up into anywhere from 2-6 separate nations.

Interesting scenario.

Let me point out one flaw.

It's a struggle between the rural and the urban.

Most states have a mixture of rural and urban. You can't divide it up.

Austin is left wing a.f. and Austin is in Texas.

Leftists always operate under the mistaken belief that the military would blindly follow orders to fire on their fellow Americans.

Some would, certainly. But the majority would shoot their officers and join the Americans fighting for freedom.

Meanwhile, the left, armed only with cell phone cameras, think they will win such a war.

They don't realize anyone filming the battles would be shot.

Never bring a cell phone to a gun fight, lefties.

China would gladly supply the Cartel’s in Mexico with the weapons that would be sold here in the States, so yes it could happen and you must remember the Military would also be split, so yes a war could be fought but the U.N. would put boots on the ground to try to stop it…

China would gladly supply the Cartel’s in Mexico with the weapons that would be sold here in the States, so yes it could happen and you must remember the Military would also be split, so yes a war could be fought but the U.N. would put boots on the ground to try to stop it…
Blue helmets make great aim points.

That’s where Kahn got it right

America defeated treasonous conservatives in 1865; America can defeat treasonous conservatives again.

Forum List

Back