Could Alabama beat the Browns?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
It's a serious question.

When you watch the Browns you think they should be playing college ball and when you watch Alabama it's like watching an NFL team play college teams.

Wouldn't it be fun to watch the worst NFL team play the best college team?

It's a serious question.

When you watch the Browns you think they should be playing college ball and when you watch Alabama it's like watching an NFL team play college teams.

Any NFL team would kill a college team. Obviously you have never played sports at a high level.

It's a serious question.

No..

It's a serious question.

Any NFL team would kill a college team. Obviously you have never played sports at a high level.

I remain unconvinced.

It's a serious question.

I remain unconvinced.
Thats your fault not mine. :rolleyes:

The gap in strength, athleticism, speed, and execution in pro sports and college sports is like asking a 3rd grade basketball team to play a high school varsity team.

Last edited:
It is the same as asking a high school team to play college seniors.

Alabama is dominant in the realm of college football. But there are strict restrictions on how the teams get their players, when they can recruit ect. There are even strict restrictions on when and how often they can practice.

You would be hard pressed to find a more dedicated Crimson Tide fan than me. But any pro team has a far better roster of athletes.

There are over 1 million kids playing high school football. Only 3-4% of those will play college football. Mostly they are the cream of the crop. But that is still 30k to 40k kids playing college football.

In the NFL there are 1,696 players. Each of them was probably a starter in college. While each individual might not beat the stars on Alabama's roster, they are not far off. And most will be superior to most of Alabama's players. Plus, they will have had more years of training, experience and coaching under their belt.

Think about the difference between most college freshmen players and college senior players. The NFL players will have that much more.

Alabama has a powerhouse this year. And I am a die-hard Crimson Tide fan. But no, they could not beat the Browns.

It's a serious question.

I would be willing to watch.

The gap in strength, athleticism, speed, and execution in pro sports and college sports is like asking a 3rd grade basketball team to play a high school varsity team.

For the average college team, yes.

However, I'm convinced that the Alabama cyborgs have no such weaknesses.

For the average college team, yes.

However, I'm convinced that the Alabama cyborgs have no such weaknesses.

I was worried about the defense this year. But the LSU game shows they are a hard nosed Saban defense.

It is the same as asking a high school team to play college seniors.

Alabama is dominant in the realm of college football. But there are strict restrictions on how the teams get their players, when they can recruit ect. There are even strict restrictions on when and how often they can practice.

You would be hard pressed to find a more dedicated Crimson Tide fan than me. But any pro team has a far better roster of athletes.

There are over 1 million kids playing high school football. Only 3-4% of those will play college football. Mostly they are the cream of the crop. But that is still 30k to 40k kids playing college football.

In the NFL there are 1,696 players. Each of them was probably a starter in college. While each individual might not beat the stars on Alabama's roster, they are not far off. And most will be superior to most of Alabama's players. Plus, they will have had more years of training, experience and coaching under their belt.

Think about the difference between most college freshmen players and college senior players. The NFL players will have that much more.

Alabama has a powerhouse this year. And I am a die-hard Crimson Tide fan. But no, they could not beat the Browns.

A 3rd string bears QB almost beat the Packers on heart alone in a play off game , Alabama could of beaten the 0 and 16 lions ..they sucked .

If I recall correctly, didn't the Super Bowl champions play an exhibition game against a team of college football all stars back in the day?
How badly did the college all stars lose?

They beat the Green Bay Packers in 1963 I think. The college all stars won a few games .

I cant comment on something that happened long before I was born. I just know it would never happen today.

Back peddling.

What a funny sound that makes.

It's a serious question.

Shhhhuzzz... Don't give away the evil design of Alabama football..

Forum List

Back