Cost of Banning Muslims

24 billion is nothing. Seriously. I wonder how much muslim destruction has cost us?
Your stupidity is why Trump is going to lose and the Senate is going back to the Democrats. Thanks.
Our GDP is like 18 Trillion dollars. Give me a fuckin BREAK!

Perhaps you should not try to deal with issues so complex that there are numbers attached. Did you have a problem with the size of out Gross Domestic Product? Or was your intent to prove you are ignorant?

24 billion is nothing. Seriously. I wonder how much muslim destruction has cost us?
Your stupidity is why Trump is going to lose and the Senate is going back to the Democrats. Thanks.

Perhaps you should not try to deal with issues so complex that there are numbers attached. Did you have a problem with the size of out Gross Domestic Product? Or was your intent to prove you are ignorant?
ignorant I guess. Maybe you could elaborate?

Sure. I see no problem with a GDP of almost $18B. Did you?

Sure. I see no problem with a GDP of almost $18B. Did you?
you mean 18T? I don't either. I think that is very good. Best in the world, even.

Trump cannot ban Muslims. The Congress, the courts, and the American people will jail him if he tries.

Excuse me? Are you saying the United States cannot pick and choose who is permitted here?

That has been exactly what the Far Left has been saying, over and over again.

Really? Did you want to show me the laws allowing the gov to discriminate? Or do you simply have your head firmly up your ass?

THanks for demonstrating my point that the Far Left HAS been saying that the US cannot pick and choose who is permitted here.

It is quite interesting that avoiding discrimination is more important to you than the lives of your fellow citizens.

As to your question, I'm not sure of the details of how Trump plans to implement this.

He might just use an Executive Order, someone mentioned a power that Carter used to ban travel from Iran, or he might have to get a bill though Congress.

Tough.

20 billion is pocket change.

How about 24 billion?

The cost of banning all Muslims

According to the U.S. National Travel and Tourism Office, 1.2 million human beings visited the U.S. from the Middle East in 2013. They spent, collectively, $6.7 billion ($2,000 more per capita than European visitors). So that’s $6.7 billion you can subtract from the U.S. economy right there. Now, of course, the Middle East does not have the majority of the world’s Muslims. The majority are in Asia, Southeast Asia and Africa. Add them in and the number’s closer to $18 billion and that’s just tourism. Now consider college students. Take those 154,000 students, multiply by average tuition and you get another $5 billion you can subtract from the U.S. economy. We can throw in another billion from Muslim students from India. Our grand estimate so far is $24 billion that you can shave off the U.S. economy by banning all Muslims from entering. That’s not counting contributions from all the Muslims on work visas with jobs in Silicon Valley and elsewhere.

So, how much did they credit the benefit side of the analysis for the lives of the 50 people killed in Orlando?

I thought Republicans want to run the country like a business. Now they want to throw away $24 billion? Wow!
Do you have any substance, or are you content on sounding like a parrot?

Tough.

How about 24 billion?

According to the U.S. National Travel and Tourism Office, 1.2 million human beings visited the U.S. from the Middle East in 2013. They spent, collectively, $6.7 billion ($2,000 more per capita than European visitors). So that’s $6.7 billion you can subtract from the U.S. economy right there. Now, of course, the Middle East does not have the majority of the world’s Muslims. The majority are in Asia, Southeast Asia and Africa. Add them in and the number’s closer to $18 billion and that’s just tourism. Now consider college students. Take those 154,000 students, multiply by average tuition and you get another $5 billion you can subtract from the U.S. economy. We can throw in another billion from Muslim students from India. Our grand estimate so far is $24 billion that you can shave off the U.S. economy by banning all Muslims from entering. That’s not counting contributions from all the Muslims on work visas with jobs in Silicon Valley and elsewhere.

So, how much did they credit the benefit side of the analysis for the lives of the 50 people killed in Orlando?

What do you think you are saying??? First you need to explain what benefits you see.

Trump cannot ban Muslims. The Congress, the courts, and the American people will jail him if he tries.

Excuse me? Are you saying the United States cannot pick and choose who is permitted here?

Really? Did you want to show me the laws allowing the gov to discriminate? Or do you simply have your head firmly up your ass?

THanks for demonstrating my point that the Far Left HAS been saying that the US cannot pick and choose who is permitted here.

It is quite interesting that avoiding discrimination is more important to you than the lives of your fellow citizens.
What the left has been saying is simply the rational point that so doing is illegal. So, you would have to pass a law, based on discriminating based on religion. Which, in the majority of people's mind is STUPID. That's all.
For conservatives, discrimination is generally not a problem.

Then, there is the concern that experts on safety are stipulating. Which is that it will cause a Muslims in general to dislike the USA. Seems pretty rational to rational people. Just not to cons.

Then, when you cause large numbers of Muslims to dislike the USA, a small percentage of them will decide to join ISIS. Which is of no concern to stupid people. So cons have no concern.

As to your question, I'm not sure of the details of how Trump plans to implement this.

He might just use an Executive Order, someone mentioned a power that Carter used to ban travel from Iran, or he might have to get a bill though Congress.

So, Trump's idea of banning Muslims is just that. An idea. No plan at all. No way of knowing how to do it.
But, you ignore the fact that he has said many times he would have Mexico pay for a border wall.. Whatever it is. But the President of Mexico said it would never happen. So, again, are you really so stupid as to believe anything the man says? Of course you are.

Last edited:
Tough.

How about 24 billion?

What do you think you are saying??? First you need to explain what benefits you see.

Those people not being dead is the benefit I was referring to.

Correll lies, yet again (this gets old), when he writes that " the Far Left HAS been saying that the US cannot pick and choose who is permitted here." No one - far left, sane center, far right - has said any such thing.

What the sane center is telling Devious Donnie that he will not be allowed to ban based on religion. End of discussion.

What the left has been saying is simply the rational point that so doing is illegal. So, you would have to pass a law, based on discriminating based on religion. Which, in the majority of people's mind is STUPID. That's all.
For conservatives, discrimination is generally not a problem.

Then, there is the concern that experts on safety are stipulating. Which is that it will cause a Muslims in general to dislike the USA. Seems pretty rational to rational people. Just not to cons.

Then, when you cause large numbers of Muslims to dislike the USA, a small percentage of them will decide to join ISIS. Which is of no concern to stupid people. So cons have no concern.

So, Trump's idea of banning Muslims is just that. An idea. No plan at all. No way of knowing how to do it.
But, you ignore the fact that he has said many times he would have Mexico pay for a border wall.. Whatever it is. But the President of Mexico said it would never happen. So, again, are you really so stupid as to believe anything the man says? Of course you are.

1. The US has an absolute right to decide who we invite to come here. It would not be "illegal" to NOT invite Muslims.

2. Ask the dead in Orlando how stupid they think the idea is.

3. If Muslims have a problem with US taking reasonable steps to protect our lives, then they were our enemy already.

4. If you are that concerned about details you are welcome to look for them yourself. Or not vote for him.

5. The President of Mexico might want to consider how much leverage the US could exert on Mexico, if we had a President who didn't want the US to be the World's Bitch on Immigration and Trade any more.

Correll lies, yet again (this gets old), when he writes that " the Far Left HAS been saying that the US cannot pick and choose who is permitted here." No one - far left, sane center, far right - has said any such thing.

What the sane center is telling Devious Donnie that he will not be allowed to ban based on religion. End of discussion.

Who's going to stop US?

Correll is lying when he says the US "has an absolute right to decide who we invite to come here. It would not be "illegal" to NOT invite Muslims." Of course it is.

Correll uses the dead in Orlando to politicize his anti-LGBT agenda.

Any American who wishes to pervert the Constitution as does Correll is an enemy of America and bears watching, which I believe is probably the case.

Dumbed Down Donald is neither smart nor strong, so his yammering is like a doggie in a cage.

Forum List

Back