Corsi v. O’Reilly

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kYXbAbCIQCM]WHO KILLED COCK ROBIN? 1935 - YouTube[/ame]​

The origin of the "Who killed cock robin" poem

'Who killed cock robin?' is best described as an English folksong or poem rather than a nursery rhyme. The words of "Who killed cock robin" are said to refer to the death of the legendary figure of Robin Hood and not that of a bird. The legend of Robin Hood encompasses the theme that he stole from the rich to give to the poor. The words of "Who killed cock robin" describe how help was offered from all quarters following the death of cock robin thus reflecting the high esteem in which Robin was held by the common folk.

Our grateful thanks goes to Damon Kingshott for this alternative explanation of this Nursery Rhyme
"There is speculation that the 'Cock Robin' Rhyme refers to Robert Walpole, the 18th century English Prime Minister."

Who killed Cock Robin poem

"Who killed Cock Robin?" "I," said the Sparrow,
"With my bow and arrow, I killed Cock Robin."
"Who saw him die?" "I," said the Fly,
"With my little eye, I saw him die."
"Who caught his blood?" "I," said the Fish,
"With my little dish, I caught his blood."
"Who'll make the shroud?" "I," said the Beetle,
"With my thread and needle, I'll make the shroud."
"Who'll dig his grave?" "I," said the Owl,
"With my pick and shovel, I'll dig his grave."
"Who'll be the parson?" "I," said the Rook,
"With my little book, I'll be the parson."
"Who'll be the clerk?" "I," said the Lark,
"If it's not in the dark, I'll be the clerk."
"Who'll carry the link?" "I," said the Linnet,
"I'll fetch it in a minute, I'll carry the link."
"Who'll be chief mourner?" "I," said the Dove,
"I mourn for my love, I'll be chief mourner."
"Who'll carry the coffin?" "I," said the Kite,
"If it's not through the night, I'll carry the coffin."
"Who'll bear the pall? "We," said the Wren,
"Both the cock and the hen, we'll bear the pall."
"Who'll sing a psalm?" "I," said the Thrush,
"As she sat on a bush, I'll sing a psalm."
"Who'll toll the bell?" "I," said the bull,
"Because I can pull, I'll toll the bell."
All the birds of the air fell a-sighing and a-sobbing,
When they heard the bell toll for poor Cock Robin.
Who killed Cock Robin rhyme

First let me point out that Robin Hood stole from the tax collector. In that sense he stole from the rich. Many of today’s wealthiest individuals and families are no different than the rich in Robin Hood’s time; i.e., they live on tax dollars.

I doubt if many younger Americans give a care about who killed JFK. I’m an old dude and I care more about who killed Cock Robin than I care about who killed JFK. As much as I enjoy Jerome Corsi’s efforts on so many issues, I do not intend to read his book. His challenge to Bill O’Reilly is the only thing of interest to me:

. . . Jerome Corsi, author of the newly released “Who Really Killed Kennedy? 50
Years Later: Stunning New Revelations about the JFK Assassination.”

It’s that kind of evidence that has prompted Corsi, as WND has reported, to challenge Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly to a debate.

O’Reilly, in his bestselling book “Killing Kennedy,” also neglected evidence of Oswald’s ties to the CIA and FBI, Corsi contends.

Corsi says O’Reilly repeats virtually every detail of the Warren Commission’s account, ignoring 50 years of research that has cast doubt on crucial aspects of the “lone-gun assassin” narrative.

Lacking footnotes, O’Reilly’s book, according to Corsi, “frames Lee Harvey Oswald, every bit as much as the Warren Commission did.”

'Girl on the stairs' refutes 'P.C.' JFK narrative
Remarkable testimony dismissed by Warren Commission, Bill O'Reilly
Published: 11 hours ago

?Girl on the stairs? refutes ?P.C.? JFK narrative

Should O’Reilly agree to debate Corsi he, Corsi, better do it with an impartial moderator anywhere but on O’Reilly’s show. O’Reilly will bury him alive if he controls the debate. He will do his angry bit, shout Corsi down, then magnanimously give Corsi the last word —— which usually amounts to 4½ seconds.

As to O’Reilly: He is a government stooge. He will always come down on the side of the government irrespective of the resulting harm the federal government always does. There is really no point in debating him on the evidence.

Maybe the union educated radical left can be excused for being ignorant of the legal terms "steal" as in "steal from the rich" or "illegal" as in "illegal alien". When lefties start quoting nursery rhymes you know they are in trouble.

Who cares...I hear this guy walking down main street in Iowa challenged you to a debate.
Oh...I suppose your afraid to debate him...

The forum used to be a source of debate until lefties started posting Huffington talking points every day and then screaming like little girls when they were challenged to defend their opinions.

Forum List

Back