Corporate America paying its lowest share of taxes since Eisenhower

Redistribution is for pussies, Robin Hood mentality is delusional..

This is no delusion>

~S~

And the bottom 20% are living far better lives than decades ago.

It’s called a hierarchy, you have to move up with hard work and dedication. Being a bottom-feeder all your life isn’t going to reward you.

The lower quintle's $$$ does not go as far as it's prior generations did

the hiearchy game is rigged, legislatively favoring elites

and i may be a dumb redneck bluecollar , but i built every single piece of my existence, house,farm, biz from the sweat of my own brow w/out asking the gub'mit for anything but .....

a level playing field

that IS their job

gentification is not

~S~

Then what is your point? The hierarchy is rigged for the elites, so the answer is more government elitist oversight and regulation?

Brilliant.

Trump's tax cuts were an illusion to average America while a boon to Trump and his rich buddies.

Many corporations pay zero tax like the Trump corporation itself.

Trump has used his POTUS power to enrich himself while stealing from the bottom half of US society. That is disregarding the $ 50 million stolen from the POTUS inauguration fund including $30 million pay-off to Melania for not bailing out.

BY AIMEE PICCHI
UPDATED ON: MAY 21, 2019 / 6:41 PM / MONEYWATCH

U.S. companies contributed 7.6% of the $3.5 trillion in total federal income tax revenue collected for 2018, down two percentage points from the previous year.
Individual taxpayers contributed 57% of revenue last year, up from 54% in 2017.
The percentage of taxpayers who are audited by the IRS has fallen steadily in recent years, largely because of agency budget cuts.

While polls suggest that most Americans feel they're not benefiting from the recent overhaul of the nation's tax laws, U.S. corporations have more to crow about: New IRS data show American companies are paying their smallest share of federal income tax revenue in nearly 60 years.

Businesses contributed 7.6% of the $3.5 trillion in total tax revenue collected for fiscal-year 2018, the tax agency said in a report -- that's a two percentage point decline from the previous year. After refunds, that figure falls to 6.8%. By contrast, individuals are shouldering a larger share of the country's tax burden, accounting for 57% of revenue last year compared with 54% in 2017. Most of the rest of the country's tax revenue stems from employment taxes.

The findings come amid continuing debate over the impact of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which slashed the corporate tax rate to 21% from 35%. Supporters of the corporate tax cut, including President Donald Trump, argue that lowering business taxes boosts profits, drives investment and spurs economic growth. But the new law has also made it easier for some corporations to lower their tax burden to zero.
This was meant to stimulate the economy and its working

You're right. More Republicans are masturbating publicly.
In your mothers mouth.. fixed it for you.

This is no delusion>

~S~

It’s called a hierarchy, you have to move up with hard work and dedication. Being a bottom-feeder all your life isn’t going to reward you.

and i may be a dumb redneck bluecollar , but i built every single piece of my existence, house,farm, biz from the sweat of my own brow w/out asking the gub'mit for anything but .....

a level playing field

that IS their job

gentification is not

~S~

Then what is your point? The hierarchy is rigged for the elites, so the answer is more government elitist oversight and regulation?

Brilliant.

Bullshit,
but that's all we'll be getting, doesn't matter who we elect, they're all bought before the inauguration

~S~

This is no delusion>

~S~

a level playing field

that IS their job

gentification is not

~S~

A level playing field is based on means not ends, and the DNC programs unlevels the playing field. By providing housing for the poor, it disrupts housing prices by manufacturing inflation. By providing food and healthcare for the poor, it is disrupting those markets by adding inflation. Their war on climate change is driving up utility costs, transportation costs, costs of new automobiles. Anything done in the name of health, safety, or welfare is effectually a war on the poor, not poverty, by making it more expensive to be poor. I am not saying we shouldn't do those things, but the idea that the playing field is unlevel has little to nothing to do with corporate tax receipts as a percentage of federal income.

Income tax receipts are a piss poor indicator because half of people don't pay any federal income taxes and quite a few of them get back money they never paid in from the earned income tax credit. If you add in all the free and subsidized stuff we provide to the poor, the lowest quintile isn't doing nearly as bad as they have in the past.

Trump's tax cuts were an illusion to average America while a boon to Trump and his rich buddies.

Many corporations pay zero tax like the Trump corporation itself.

Trump has used his POTUS power to enrich himself while stealing from the bottom half of US society. That is disregarding the $ 50 million stolen from the POTUS inauguration fund including $30 million pay-off to Melania for not bailing out.

BY AIMEE PICCHI
UPDATED ON: MAY 21, 2019 / 6:41 PM / MONEYWATCH

U.S. companies contributed 7.6% of the $3.5 trillion in total federal income tax revenue collected for 2018, down two percentage points from the previous year.
Individual taxpayers contributed 57% of revenue last year, up from 54% in 2017.
The percentage of taxpayers who are audited by the IRS has fallen steadily in recent years, largely because of agency budget cuts.

While polls suggest that most Americans feel they're not benefiting from the recent overhaul of the nation's tax laws, U.S. corporations have more to crow about: New IRS data show American companies are paying their smallest share of federal income tax revenue in nearly 60 years.

Businesses contributed 7.6% of the $3.5 trillion in total tax revenue collected for fiscal-year 2018, the tax agency said in a report -- that's a two percentage point decline from the previous year. After refunds, that figure falls to 6.8%. By contrast, individuals are shouldering a larger share of the country's tax burden, accounting for 57% of revenue last year compared with 54% in 2017. Most of the rest of the country's tax revenue stems from employment taxes.

The findings come amid continuing debate over the impact of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which slashed the corporate tax rate to 21% from 35%. Supporters of the corporate tax cut, including President Donald Trump, argue that lowering business taxes boosts profits, drives investment and spurs economic growth. But the new law has also made it easier for some corporations to lower their tax burden to zero.
Who do you think actually pays the Corporate Taxes, Einstien?

Do you think CEOs grab their checkbooks and cut a check, of do they pass it on to the consumer?

Think before you post...

It's not Donald Trump. It stinks. Keep it under your hat.

Forum List

Back