Corp-America/Republicans; On-The-Clock!!

My bad....what was your question?

It was more-so a request: to justify unemployment over 99-weeks (close to two years); and further, justify now going beyond that. Just asking for a rationale, to see if I can find one that I may find reasonable because I'm hard-pressed beyond 99-damned weeks, lol.

I understand your concern, but look at the alternative. Let's assume we let the UI run out. Many, if not most Americans tend to live paycheck to paycheck and are probably living above their means. Without UI, more houses will be foreclosed upon, more people will end up on welfare, more children will end up without preventive medecine, etc, etc....all of which our government will end up paying for later. Sort of pay me now or pay me later....

I'd have to study further to consider those repurcussions, tbh.

High unemployment figures are the republicans ticket to the White House in 2012. The last thiong they want is for those numbers to come down.

And now with the extension of unemployment insurance for the next year, they have a built-in excuse for why more people aren't working. Why would would someone who was making $75-80K a year want to go back to work at one of the many jobs that are bound to be created by the tax incentives when they can just sit home and live the good life on $400 a week?

I am not a conspiracy theorist by nature, but this one makes me think.....

You got to hand it to them, they are a clever bunch.

Corp-America employs America. And that's much more than i can say for ignorant nutters who are always demonizing them. I think even this President is sick of those nutters. Good for him. People need to get working again. Degrading what jobs are created is just more moving the goal posts from the usual suspects. Jobs are Jobs and people need em.

It was more-so a request: to justify unemployment over 99-weeks (close to two years); and further, justify now going beyond that. Just asking for a rationale, to see if I can find one that I may find reasonable because I'm hard-pressed beyond 99-damned weeks, lol.

I understand your concern, but look at the alternative. Let's assume we let the UI run out. Many, if not most Americans tend to live paycheck to paycheck and are probably living above their means. Without UI, more houses will be foreclosed upon, more people will end up on welfare, more children will end up without preventive medecine, etc, etc....all of which our government will end up paying for later. Sort of pay me now or pay me later....

I'd have to study further to consider those repurcussions, tbh.

Before leaving, are you thinking that the GOP promised job influx is coming from McDonald's? Or to be a Wal-Mart greeter? Is that what we have to look forward to from the billionaire job creators?

Corp-America employs America. And that's much more than i can say for ignorant nutters who are always demonizing them. I think even this President is sick of those nutters. Good for him. People need to get working again. Degrading what jobs are created is just more moving the goal posts from the usual suspects. Jobs are Jobs and people need em.

Corp America controls Politicians, who control Legislation, and guess what>?

The middle class is shrinking - FACT.
The upper-class controls more wealth, as a percentage, then EVER. - FACT.

So before you post as though Giant Corpos are heroes and heroins, you had better think twice about who really pulls the purse-strings of this Government and this Country.

Last edited:
IF the tax-cuts go thru (as presently-advertised).....​

"President Obama and congressional Republicans have reached a tentative accord on a far-reaching economic packagehttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/06/AR2010120605923.html?hpid=topnews that would preserve George W. Bush administration tax breaks for families at all income levels for two years, extend emergency jobless benefits through 2011 and cut payroll taxes by 2 percent for every American worker through the end of next year.

The scope of the agreement, announced by the White House late Monday, was far broader than lawmakers in either party had been expecting. The deal would extend a college tuition tax credit and other breaks for middle-class families that were due to expire New Year's Eve. And it would revive the inheritance tax after a year-long lapse, imposing a 35 percent rate on estates worth more than $5 million for individuals and $10 million for couples."

.....Corporate-America & Republicans will be ON-THE-CLOCK!!!!!!

For the last-10-years, it's been one-big-party for the high-roller$/1%ers.

For the last-2-years, Republicans have been holding-their-breath & stomping-their-feet (with their tax-cut tantrums)....and, doing very-little-else....if anything-at-all!!

IF the tax-cuts go thru, they'll (BOTH) officially be ON-THE-JOB-CREATION-CLOCK.....and, there's no way they're gonna have TWO-full-years to make that happen.....Stateside (i.e. investing in China no-longer counts)!!!!

Corporate-America can start with manufacturing....and, Republicans can start with infrastructure!!!

Let's SEE what they accomplish.....by this time, NEXT year.

:eusa_whistle:
My concern is that two years will not be sufficient incentive for people to shift money commitments to new or expanded operations. It should've been premanent. Instead the uncertainty will be on top of them again, and way too soon. Only the desperate will move, or those who think by getting in first they can build up a reserve. At least this will have some effect to lower the unemployment rate, and that is a gift to Obama

Last edited:

The middle class is shringing - FACT.

So before you post as though Giant Corpos are heroes and heroins, you had better think twice about who really pulls the purse-strings of this Government and this Country.

Never called them Heroes. But they're not always the evil villain either. They do employ America. This is just reality. People need to get working again and demonizing business 24/7 isn't going to help. Just my opinion anyway.

"President Obama and congressional Republicans have reached a tentative accord on a far-reaching economic packagehttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/06/AR2010120605923.html?hpid=topnews that would preserve George W. Bush administration tax breaks for families at all income levels for two years, extend emergency jobless benefits through 2011 and cut payroll taxes by 2 percent for every American worker through the end of next year.

The scope of the agreement, announced by the White House late Monday, was far broader than lawmakers in either party had been expecting. The deal would extend a college tuition tax credit and other breaks for middle-class families that were due to expire New Year's Eve. And it would revive the inheritance tax after a year-long lapse, imposing a 35 percent rate on estates worth more than $5 million for individuals and $10 million for couples."

For the last-2-years, Republicans have been holding-their-breath & stomping-their-feet (with their tax-cut tantrums)....and, doing very-little-else....if anything-at-all!!

IF the tax-cuts go thru, they'll (BOTH) officially be ON-THE-JOB-CREATION-CLOCK.....and, there's no way they're gonna have TWO-full-years to make that happen.....Stateside (i.e. investing in China no-longer counts)!!!!

Corporate-America can start with manufacturing....and, Republicans can start with infrastructure!!!

Mother of fucking God.

You really need to see someone about your tourette's syndrome. :eusa_eh:

Never called them Heroes. But they're not always the evil villain either. They do employ America. This is just reality. People need to get working again and demonizing business 24/7 isn't going to help. Just my opinion anyway.

Demonizing the unemployed 24/7 isn't going to help, either.

The Republicans have just added to our Deficit. Are you upset with them, or NOT?

i can't help noticing that when compromise is reached, it ends up costing the most possible money for the sake of each side's interests...

CapsLock.jpg

It still does'nt address how unemployment insurance is going to be paid for.
Will it be on the credit card by Dems? Or will it be paid for like the Repubs want?

Demonizing the unemployed 24/7 isn't going to help, either.

The Republicans have just added to our Deficit. Are you upset with them, or NOT?

The Republicans and Democrats just added to our Deficit. Yes i'm upset with them. I've always said Bipartisanship is over-rated.

That's unfair when coupled with the fact that UE is being extended.

As a level headed dude, I have yet to see the argument for extending it past 99 weeks.

It's obviously incentive NOT to take that low paying drive-through job and dig your way out of the ditches (as an able-bodied person should).....and sit around and wait for higher paying jobs to open for as long as the Government will let you wait for that day. Come on, be real about this.

Well, hang on a minute. By extending the Bush tax cuts to the millionaires and billionaires, the GOP promises they will create jobs. Were Boehner and McConnell talking about low wage, part time jobs at McDonald's? If so, I think they probably should have been a little more specific....

lol! Now you're just moving the goal posts. Jobs are Jobs and people need em. If Unemployment Numbers do improve......
ooooooooooooooooooooooo....."IF..".....how comforting.....

:rolleyes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ_rbHaaQ7o[/ame]​

Well, hang on a minute. By extending the Bush tax cuts to the millionaires and billionaires, the GOP promises they will create jobs. Were Boehner and McConnell talking about low wage, part time jobs at McDonald's? If so, I think they probably should have been a little more specific....

lol! Now you're just moving the goal posts. Jobs are Jobs and people need em. If Unemployment Numbers do improve......
ooooooooooooooooooooooo....."IF..".....how comforting.....

:rolleyes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ_rbHaaQ7o[/ame]​

Uh these Tax Cuts are for everyone. Not just for those "Evil" rich people. Obviously you and and your MSLSD dork can't read & comprehend. SHEESH! :cuckoo:

I think that anything they said was a guess, at this point. But that's not relevant to my question, lol.

I can tell you I can't come up with one. Where is this lack of jobs? I'm just not seeing it. There are TONS of jobs out there. I get udpated every week with dozens of job openings.

Are people not looking hard enough? Is it certain skill sets more so than others? Here's a crazy idea for the unemployed. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. If there are no jobs for your skill set, learn a skill set that is in demand.

We have realtively large unemployment. But I assure you, the problem is NOT a lack of jobs.

I can tell you I can't come up with one. Where is this lack of jobs? I'm just not seeing it. There are TONS of jobs out there. I get udpated every week with dozens of job openings.

Are people not looking hard enough? Is it certain skill sets more so than others? Here's a crazy idea for the unemployed. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. If there are no jobs for your skill set, learn a skill set that is in demand.

We have realtively large unemployment. But I assure you, the problem is NOT a lack of jobs.

Unemployment Benefits are meant to run out. They're only meant to be a temporary fix. 2yrs. is more than enough time to find a job. I've heard all the excuses,but 2yrs. really is enough time. This extension will cost untold Billions in Tax Dollars. These Tax Cuts will likely not mean much in the end. The spending is still out of control. But hey,the People supposedly wanted Bipartisanship. Well here's your Bipartisanship. Enjoy.

High unemployment figures are the republicans ticket to the White House in 2012. The last thiong they want is for those numbers to come down.

And now with the extension of unemployment insurance for the next year, they have a built-in excuse for why more people aren't working. Why would would someone who was making $75-80K a year want to go back to work at one of the many jobs that are bound to be created by the tax incentives when they can just sit home and live the good life on $400 a week?
"....bound to be created..."???????

:eek:

What-the-Hell kind of a commitment is THAT??!!!!!

:eusa_eh:

<tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick>​

My concern is that two years will not be sufficient incentive for people to shift money commitments to new or expanded operations.
.....And, 10 YEARS didn't seem to make much-of-a-difference, EITHER!!!!! :cuckoo:

<tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick>​

Forum List

Back