Corp-America/Republicans; On-The-Clock!!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
IF the tax-cuts go thru (as presently-advertised).....​

"President Obama and congressional Republicans have reached a tentative accord on a far-reaching economic packagehttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/06/AR2010120605923.html?hpid=topnews that would preserve George W. Bush administration tax breaks for families at all income levels for two years, extend emergency jobless benefits through 2011 and cut payroll taxes by 2 percent for every American worker through the end of next year.

The scope of the agreement, announced by the White House late Monday, was far broader than lawmakers in either party had been expecting. The deal would extend a college tuition tax credit and other breaks for middle-class families that were due to expire New Year's Eve. And it would revive the inheritance tax after a year-long lapse, imposing a 35 percent rate on estates worth more than $5 million for individuals and $10 million for couples."

.....Corporate-America & Republicans will be ON-THE-CLOCK!!!!!!

For the last-10-years, it's been one-big-party for the high-roller$/1%ers.

For the last-2-years, Republicans have been holding-their-breath & stomping-their-feet (with their tax-cut tantrums)....and, doing very-little-else....if anything-at-all!!

IF the tax-cuts go thru, they'll (BOTH) officially be ON-THE-JOB-CREATION-CLOCK.....and, there's no way they're gonna have TWO-full-years to make that happen.....Stateside (i.e. investing in China no-longer counts)!!!!

Corporate-America can start with manufacturing....and, Republicans can start with infrastructure!!!

Let's SEE what they accomplish.....by this time, NEXT year.

:eusa_whistle:

<tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick>​

Last edited:
Good thing you're not Obama's Economic Advisor. Who do you think provides most of the Jobs in this country? I'm pretty sure it's not people like you. lol!

...doing very-little-else....if anything-at-all!!

Another Dimocrat who hasn't been paying attention. Republicans have been very busy saying no to the party of yes for the last two years. And then we had an election a month ago that showed without a doubt which side the voters agreed with.

And now, thanks to Republicans, no one will face a tax increase come the end of the month.

And the bonus is Barry takes another hit from the left wing of his party. Like shootin' fish in a barrel as the saying goes.

...doing very-little-else....if anything-at-all!!

Another Dimocrat who hasn't been paying attention. Republicans have been very busy saying no to the party of yes for the last two years. And then we had an election a month ago that showed without a doubt which side the voters agreed with.

And now, thanks to Republicans, no one will face a tax increase come the end of the month.

And the bonus is Barry takes another hit from the left wing of his party. Like shootin' fish in a barrel as the saying goes.

Well no, he threw them a bone also in extending UE.

I am guessing that Shaman is like many of us in wondering when the GOP promised private sector jobs will begin flooding the unemployment ranks since the Bush tax cuts will be extended for the people "conservatives" say create the jobs.

I am guessing that Shaman is like many of us in wondering when the GOP promised private sector jobs will begin flooding the unemployment ranks since the Bush tax cuts will be extended for the people "conservatives" say create the jobs.

That's unfair when coupled with the fact that UE is being extended.

As a level headed dude, I have yet to see the argument for extending it past 99 weeks.

It's obviously incentive NOT to take that low paying drive-through job and dig your way out of the ditches (as an able-bodied person should).....and sit around and wait for higher paying jobs to open for as long as the Government will let you wait for that day. Come on, be real about this.

Then when Unemployment does improve,i'm sure you will be the first one here to praise and give all the credit to the Republicans right? I'll believe that when i see it. Your scenario is likely to play out. What will you do when that happens? Will you be here giving the Republicans all the credit for it? I guess we'll see. Stay tuned.

Good thing you're not Obama's Economic Advisor. Who do you think provides most of the Jobs in this country?
Why are you asking ME??? :eusa_eh:

Don't YOU know.....and, where have they BEEN (besides investing in China)????? :eusa_eh:

Then when Unemployment does improve,i'm sure you will be the first one here to praise and give all the credit to the Republicans right? I'll believe that when i see it. Your scenario is likely to play out. What will you do when that happens? Will you be here giving the Republicans all the credit for it? I guess we'll see. Stay tuned.
Stay tuned????????

Isn't that what BUSHCO said.....when the tax-cuts kicked-in?????????

:eusa_eh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A[/ame]​

Good thing you're not Obama's Economic Advisor. Who do you think provides most of the Jobs in this country?
Why are you asking ME??? :eusa_eh:

Don't YOU know.....and, where have they BEEN (besides investing in China)????? :eusa_eh:

You don't provide Jobs. They do though. You have no horse in this race. You have no expertise in Economic affairs. I think that's pretty obvious. Judging by your simplistic rants,i seriously doubt you've ever employed anyone while running your own business. You just don't have the knowledge or experience to give an informed opinion on Economic issues. So just be happy you got your Unemployment Welfare check for another 13 Months and stop opining on things you know nothing about. Have a nice day.

As a level headed dude, I have yet to see the argument for extending it past 99 weeks.

It's obviously incentive NOT to take that low paying drive-through job and dig your way out of the ditches (as an able-bodied person should).....and sit around and wait for higher paying jobs to open for as long as the Government will let you wait for that day. Come on, be real about this.

Well, hang on a minute. By extending the Bush tax cuts to the millionaires and billionaires, the GOP promises they will create jobs. Were Boehner and McConnell talking about low wage, part time jobs at McDonald's? If so, I think they probably should have been a little more specific....

Well, hang on a minute. By extending the Bush tax cuts to the millionaires and billionaires, the GOP promises they will create jobs. Were Boehner and McConnell talking about low wage, part time jobs at McDonald's? If so, I think they probably should have been a little more specific....

I think that anything they said was a guess, at this point. But that's not relevant to my question, lol.

lol! Now you're just moving the goal posts. Jobs are Jobs and people need em. If Unemployment Numbers do improve,i expect to see you here praising and giving Republicans credit for this. Btw,these Tax Cuts will apply to everyone,not just those "Evil" Millionaires & Billionaires.

I think that anything they said was a guess, at this point. But that's not relevant to my question, lol.

My bad....what was your question?

It was more-so a request: to justify unemployment over 99-weeks (close to two years); and further, justify now going beyond that. Just asking for a rationale, to see if I can find one that I may find reasonable because I'm hard-pressed beyond 99-damned weeks, lol.

High unemployment figures are the republicans ticket to the White House in 2012. The last thiong they want is for those numbers to come down.

And now with the extension of unemployment insurance for the next year, they have a built-in excuse for why more people aren't working. Why would would someone who was making $75-80K a year want to go back to work at one of the many jobs that are bound to be created by the tax incentives when they can just sit home and live the good life on $400 a week?

It was more-so a request: to justify unemployment over 99-weeks (close to two years); and further, justify now going beyond that. Just asking for a rationale, to see if I can find one that I may find reasonable because I'm hard-pressed beyond 99-damned weeks, lol.

I understand your concern, but look at the alternative. Let's assume we let the UI run out. Many, if not most Americans tend to live paycheck to paycheck and are probably living above their means. Without UI, more houses will be foreclosed upon, more people will end up on welfare, more children will end up without preventive medecine, etc, etc....all of which our government will end up paying for later. Sort of pay me now or pay me later....

High unemployment figures are the republicans ticket to the White House in 2012. The last thiong they want is for those numbers to come down.

And now with the extension of unemployment insurance for the next year, they have a built-in excuse for why more people aren't working. Why would would someone who was making $75-80K a year want to go back to work at one of the many jobs that are bound to be created by the tax incentives when they can just sit home and live the good life on $400 a week?

I am not a conspiracy theorist by nature, but this one makes me think.....

Forum List

Back