Coronavirus: CDC-Approved Filtering Mask / Respirator Info

Good Rules Of Prevention: Proper 'HANDS' practice

WASH your hands very well, often, with soap and water. Wash briskly and thoroughly.

While out and about, don't touch objects and then touch your eyes, lick your fingers, or stick them up your nose (for the children), etc...

Excellent tips - Also good idea to use antibacterial soap and water as hot as you can take it. In public, do stuff like punch elevator keys with your knuckle instead of the tip of your finger. And I keep a small travel-size bottle of Purell (or the like) in my car and my laptop bag when flying.

I believe it was said by the CDC that sanitizers had to be at least 60% alcohol to do any good.
At least 70% in most studies.

For those who are concerned about the spread of the Coronavirus and are interested in buying masks for future use, I have done some research the last several days and wanted to provide some information:

The CDC has provided a list of NIOSH-Approved N95 Particulate Filtering Facepiece Respirators. This list can be found on their following web page:

CDC - NIOSH-Approved N95 Particulate Filtering Facepiece Respirators - 3M Suppliers List

If you are interested in purchasing masks for you and / or your family:

1. I recommend starting with the brand '3M'...to be honest, mainly because the CDC starts off their list approved masks / respirators with '3M'.

2. FORGET 'Amazon' - Go Directly to the '3M' Web Site
- Looking on Google I found offers for '3M' masks for anywhere from $15 - $48, and once I clicked on the product it took me to the item...which had anywhere from a $130 - $300+ 'Shipping' cost

* The CDC website offers a lot of great things, such as 1) Coronavirus Alerts / Updates, 2) Tips On Repertory Health / Preventative Tips, & 3) WARNINGS ABOUT COUNTERFEIT MASKS/FILTERS AND HUCKSTERS TRYING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF, 4) list of Approved masks & links to info / directions how to use each.

I recommend going directly to the '3M' website. You can look up masks the CDC recommends on their web site, & '3M' provides pictures, descriptions, and WHERE YOU CAN BUY THEM...in CASES (8 - 10 masks in each case). The site lists trusted on-line companies that sell cases of masks for as low as $14.99. The site also allows you to type in your zip code to find businesses / locations near you where you can buy these masks.

Here is a link to one of the '3M' pages 'showcasing' their 3M™ Particulate Respirator 8511, N95 80 EA/Case.

Where To Buy | 3M United States

As mentioned, it lists 5 different on-line sites / companies from whom you can buy the masks, prices ranging from $2.59 for a mask to $34.44 for a case. (There is one offer for $476.54, but I have no clue what that is about...and don't care)

I will post a few more links and info on the CDC, what they offer, etc...for anyone interested.

To prevent you from contracting a viral infection these things are as useless as tits on a boar hog.
Note these things are PARTICLE masks made to prevent inhaling sawdust and the like. Virus critters are sub microscopic in size and require electron microscopes to see. They flow right through a particle mask completely unhindered and unimpeded.
The ONLY way things can come into play is if you ALREADY have the virus where they help contain the spray from your sneezes and coughs so you don't contaminate people and surfaces in your proximity.

I recommend you check out the CDC web site. The list of approved FILTERS are supposed to help. There are some products that are approved by NIOSH as an N95 respirator and also cleared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a surgical mask. These products are referred to as 'Surgical N95 Respirators'. The CDC also states about these masks: "The N95 respirator is the most common of the seven types of particulate filtering facepiece respirators. This product filters at least 95% of airborne particles but is not resistant to oil."

I'm just passing along what the CDC says. I am not a doctor...I don't even play one on TV. Even if you decide to ignore the masks, their cite has a lot of great info and Coronavirus info / updates. Hope it helps.

You mean the gubberment provided bullshit put out by an agency to make it look like they have something to contribute so they can keep their jobs and funding?

Do you have any idea how small a virus is?

Does it make any logical sense to you that if this so called potential dangerous pandemic infection was all that real or dangerous that they would be quarantining potential carriers near some of the densest population centers in the nation?

Use your head for pity sake. You know what bullshit looks and smells like by now don't you?
Where are the bio level four labs located?

Federation of American Scientists :: US BSL Laboratories
My point was there are only a handful in the nation whereas for this they need at least one in each state and more in largely populated states to handle this type situation. The labs can always be used in the future for normal every day business type pathology needs.

The WHO has designated Coronavirus 'Pathogen X', meaning they have found elements in this disease not found ever before...which points to human engineering / tinkering ... which leads back to the Chinese govt lab in Huwan that was warned in 2017 to fix several serious issues that could lead to nasty things escaping their lab...and here we are. It was not an accident that it began in Huwan, which I have been saying since Day 1.

Easy's OP turned out much better than I'd expected. I especially like the civility.

However, there was a very knowledgeable Dr on the tube earlier who said that nearly all the face masks are minimally effective.

Better than nothing of course, but the virus can get right through pretty much all of 'em.

She said THIS is what the professional caregivers wear around those with the illness. The N-95. Even it is not 100%.

Masks and N95 Respirators

gassss_393x.jpg

Forum List

Back