Copy right rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"And lo, on the 5th day of Radiodam a star appeared in the east, and Ravi did purchase an XBox360 for RadiomanATL"

-"A Disciple's Guide to RadiomanATL", first appearing 200 BCE, canon 18 -

not too many things quoted and writen on here, come directly from a book though...usually they are copied/cut/and pasted, which MEANS they came from a LINK.

and the author, the book name and year of publication, and the page number of the book where the quote is being taken from, is what i was taught as proper reference....when in school?

Sometimes a person just remembers an odd factoid or such out of a book or off a tv program and uses it but doesn't remember where in the book, or even which book; I don't think that in that case there is any copyright infringement. None of us are writing a thesis on here.

no one, to my knowledge, is ever given a problem for a "mention" of something they saw or read.

ooo! Moderators threaten people??? With a knife or a gun???

i prefer a garrote myself.
sigh...I always pictured you as the cutlass type.

arrrrgh

35-1.jpg

"And lo, on the 5th day of Radiodam a star appeared in the east, and Ravi did purchase an XBox360 for RadiomanATL"

"The love of xbox is the root of all evil."

~A Bible, page 142, various authors, facing south east with a gentle westerly breeze.

Quoted directly from the rules section.
Copyright Guidelines:
Copyright infringement is illegal. USmessageboard.com will enforce the law. Never post an article in its entirety. When posting copyrighted material, please use small sections or link to the article. When posting copyrighted material you MUST give credit to the author in your post. You are responsible for including links/credit, regardless of how you originally came across the material.

One is required to give credit to the author. This can be done with a link OR stating in the post the information. One is not required to find a link if their source is not from the internet. Just to credit the author.

A perfectly reasonable request.

~A Bible, page 142, various authors, facing south east with a gentle westerly breeze.

"The path of a righteous RadiomanATL is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of those who deny XBox360's to RadiomanATL. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness with the purchase of a new XBox360. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children and giver of great joy and Halo games. And RadiomanATL will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers who give XBox360's. And you will know I am the RADIOMANATL when I lay my vengeance upon you for committing apostasy upon the XBox360."

-"The unabridged guide to Radiodam", collected works compiled 1634 CE, Chapter 25, verse 17-

"The path of a righteous RadiomanATL is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of those who deny XBox360's to RadiomanATL. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness with the purchase of a new XBox360. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children and giver of great joy and Halo games. And RadiomanATL will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers who give XBox360's. And you will know I am the RADIOMANATL when I lay my vengeance upon you for committing apostasy upon the XBox360."

-"The unabridged guide to Radiodam", collected works compiled 1634 CE, Chapter 25, verse 17-

that is a tasty xbox

not too many things quoted and writen on here, come directly from a book though...usually they are copied/cut/and pasted, which MEANS they came from a LINK.

and the author, the book name and year of publication, and the page number of the book where the quote is being taken from, is what i was taught as proper reference....when in school?

Sometimes a person just remembers an odd factoid or such out of a book or off a tv program and uses it but doesn't remember where in the book, or even which book; I don't think that in that case there is any copyright infringement. None of us are writing a thesis on here.

It's not about the Mods or Admins being anal, it's about making sure that USMB complies with the law on copyright. It is not rocket science, if you are taking a quote direct from another you credit the source. If you are telling a story or throwing in a fact that you read somewhere, there is no need to credit.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

It's not about the Mods or Admins being anal, it's about making sure that USMB complies with the law on copyright. It is not rocket science, if you are taking a quote direct from another you credit the source. If you are telling a story or throwing in a fact that you read somewhere, there is no need to credit.

link?

:eusa_whistle:

that is a tasty xbox

See page 435 of the "Book of RadiomanATL".

link?

:eusa_whistle:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3052207-post28.html

:cuckoo:

"You shall not play with a[n] xbox as one plays with a Wii; it is an abomination."

The Book of Wii, chapter 1, verse 1

:cuckoo:

"You shall not play with a[n] xbox as one plays with a Wii; it is an abomination."

The Book of Wii, chapter 1, verse 1

"Wii's are for wimps"
-"Book of RadiomanATL", by RadiomanATL, published 2010, page 436-

(Plus I don't want any of that Kinect crap.)

i think in cases where you are using a 'blip' or a known quote of an author, just giving credit to the author is fine or even stating that you are paraphrasing what the specific author had said or expressed, or deduced is ok...., but if you 'cut' and pasted this quote, then a link to that 'cut' should be posted.

care

Well, if I remember something from a book and use it I'm certainly not going to search on the internet for a link to it. That's just crazy.

Let's say me and Radio (since he is in the thread) are discussing baseball and he tell me about a story he once read about Babe Ruth, is he required to find a link to said story? Of course not.

Don't be stupid and argumentative. This really isn't a hard concept to understand. You know precisely what types of posts I'm referring to.

Or, you would if you actually took part in discussions other than those filled with whining about being picked on.

One is required to give credit to the author. This can be done with a link OR stating in the post the information. One is not required to find a link if their source is not from the internet. Just to credit the author.

Let me clarify for you.

If you copy and paste, you have a link.

I agree, But if you cite from a book you do not. And as noted already your moderators HAVE threatened people for not linking to a quote from a book.

If they stated it was from a book, didn't repost the whole book, and gave credit where credit was due, they didn't get "threatened" (as you put it), or "re-advised of our policies" as I put it.

Copyright Guidelines:
Copyright infringement is illegal. USmessageboard.com will enforce the law. Never post an article in its entirety. When posting copyrighted material, please use small sections or link to the article. When posting copyrighted material you MUST give credit to the author in your post. You are responsible for including links/credit, regardless of how you originally came across the material.

Go fuck yourself you Nazi, brainwashed, flag waving idiot.
" Quote" Douger. 847 AM, Dec.5, 2010

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Whenever I've done that, I've preceded what I'm quoting with [paraphrasing] "... blah blah..." citing only the book, if it's not still in my possession. Since I've never been called on it, I assume that's okay.

EZ will buy me an XBox for Christmas.

-"Book of RadiomanATL", by RadiomanATL, published 2010, page 433-
'Fucking bullshit'
-James T. Beukema, Quotations, 6:2

Let's kill the person who came up with the term "douchbag." (Me, but not copyrighted yet). Followed by "What the fuck is that supposed to mean anyway? The bag itself is clean and contains clean content."

Ravi is a lying ****
-The Annals of USM/B/, 145001:39

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
EZ will buy me an XBox for Christmas.

-"Book of RadiomanATL", by RadiomanATL, published 2010, page 433-
'Fucking bullshit'
-James T. Beukema, Quotations, 6:2

"Back off my XBox, Beeyatch!!"

-"Book of RadiomanATL", by RadiomanATL, published 2010, page 435-

Just to be clear, I see no copyright violations of the use of the term "fuck." So let's carry on.

Fuck - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back