Cops show up 3 hours after 911 call then murder family dog

Actually no he didn't he had his head down if he was going to lunge his head would have been up.
Head placement? Ok.. You don't know what you are talking about. The good news is on a subject like this most people don't. So you don't look that stupid to many.

Yes I do, As a former police officer we were trained for those type of situations, and what to look for with a barking dog.

Head placement

Look for warning signs. Most dogs are not aggressive but rather just curious or defending what they perceive as their territory. It is important to be able to tell if a dog is just playing or is being truly aggressive. While some breeds have been singled out as being particularly vicious, any mid-size and large dog breed can be dangerous (poodles, terriers[2]) so do not ignore warning signs because you think a certain breed is harmless or friendly.

If the dog approaches you with its head held high or low, it is probably not going to attack. A dog whose head is level means business.
A loping gait means the dog is playful and checking you out. An even, steady run means business.
How to Handle a Dog Attack: 2 Methods - wikiHow
The dogs head was looking down.
Whoever trained you was an idiot in my opinion.

Now... I agree that the dog was being defensive but not aggressive. That sure as hell doesn't mean the dog won't bite, but it doesn't want to. If the dog was aggressive the first person he went after, lunged at, would have been been pretty unhappy. Not hard to see, it happened directly before the lunge at the officer.

However that was a lunge.

Head placement? Ok.. You don't know what you are talking about. The good news is on a subject like this most people don't. So you don't look that stupid to many.

Yes I do, As a former police officer we were trained for those type of situations, and what to look for with a barking dog.

Head placement

Look for warning signs. Most dogs are not aggressive but rather just curious or defending what they perceive as their territory. It is important to be able to tell if a dog is just playing or is being truly aggressive. While some breeds have been singled out as being particularly vicious, any mid-size and large dog breed can be dangerous (poodles, terriers[2]) so do not ignore warning signs because you think a certain breed is harmless or friendly.

If the dog approaches you with its head held high or low, it is probably not going to attack. A dog whose head is level means business.
A loping gait means the dog is playful and checking you out. An even, steady run means business.

Now... I agree that the dog was being defensive but not aggressive. That sure as hell doesn't mean the dog won't bite, but it doesn't want to. If the dog was aggressive the first person he went after, lunged at, would have been been pretty unhappy. Not hard to see, it happened directly before the lunge at the officer.

What is your training again?

by the way this is lunging

Azul,lunging_edited.jpg

Head placement

Feel free to think I'm an idiot as well... I don't mind. If you have a problem with something I said address it. Or don't. *shrugs*

Azul,lunging_edited.jpg
Incorrect. This is lunging:

lunge (lnj)
n.
1. A sudden thrust or pass, as with a sword.
2. A sudden forward movement or plunge.
v. lunged, lung·ing, lung·es
v.intr.
1. To make a sudden thrust or pass.
2. To move with a sudden thrust.
v.tr.
To cause (someone) to lunge.

Edit: And that's not the natural position for a dog. If there wasn't a collar and handler on the end of it the dog would not be making that posture.

Last edited:

Feel free to think I'm an idiot as well... I don't mind. If you have a problem with something I said address it. Or don't. *shrugs*

One of the first thing as police are trained when encountering a dog is body signs and head position is one thing. I would hate to see someone take your advise about not paying attention to a dog's head and get bit.

Owner of pit bull shot by Austin police officer says dog was chained | kvue.com Austin

Of course pigs lied about what really happened and got off scott free. So if pigs can murder our dogs can I shoot a police dog next time it tries to attack me? I mean what's good for goose is good for the gander as well...

A little perspective is in order. It's not murder when an animal is killed in a Police raid. A Major in the US Army opened fire on his own men killing 13 and wounding dozens about three years ago and it doesn't look like the government is interested in the trial. The Attorney General authorized the shipment of 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexico. There is credible evidence that the weapons were used to murder hundreds of Mexicans (and maybe a couple of dogs) but one weapon turned up on the US side when a Border Patrol officer was murdered. Not much outrage in the alternate media or the followers of the political party of no family values either.

Azul,lunging_edited.jpg

lunge (lnj)
n.
v.intr.
v.tr.

Edit: And that's not the natural position for a dog. If there wasn't a collar and handler on the end of it the dog would not be making that posture.

Lunge would be in the act of jumping forward.

Liberals love this stuff. They'd like to see the quality of cops lowered some more.

There are thousands of police confrontations with dogs every day, where the dog doesn't get shot.

One of the first thing as police are trained when encountering a dog is body signs and head position is one thing. I would hate to see someone take your advise about not paying attention to a dog's head and get bit.
Yeah... Well... If a dog lunges at you it's either protecting something, attacking something, or perhaps even in play. If you don't know the dog, if it lunges for you assume that it's not friendly. Chances are that way you don't get get bit.

Common sense obviously was not apart of your training.

Azul,lunging_edited.jpg

lunge (lnj)
n.
v.intr.
v.tr.

Lunge would be in the act of jumping forward.
No... A lunge in this case would be" 2. A sudden forward movement or plunge" or "2. To move with a sudden thrust."

Which the dog did in the video, and I'm guessing picture you supplied. Considering a lunge is movement, it's much easier to tell in the video.

Last edited:

Azul,lunging_edited.jpg

True enough. My Pits don't lower their heads when in attack mode. They look straight at the target .. They may bark/growl as well but the most you are going to get with it's head down is a nip below the knee. Pits..at least large ones like my 120 lb red nose male use their weight as well as speed to attempt to knock down their prey with the first "lunge". When they are right on the perp their neck and back is straight but they are higher in the front legs than back so when they push off for the kill they can get some altitude. Mine like to hit hard at arm/shoulder level which has the most lethal choices to grab. hand-forearm-upper arm- neck/face- upper arm-forearm-hand.

The pit in the video was not in attack mode. He was in protect mode. He was just pushing back what he thought was an attack on his master lying there on the ground. If he was attacking the cop he would have gone airborne and come faster. The cop would have never had such a clear shot if the pit was trying to kill him. To someone that doesn't work with pits it may look like the "lunge" is an attack. It may look frightening to some just the way you see it on the video. Trust me...if a large aggressive pit like mine is within ten feet like THAT pit in the video and in full on attack mode...the cop wouldn't have time to aim and shoot his pistol. He might get lucky and get a shot off but more than likely he would lose his hand.

Pits can be lightning fast. My 70 lb blue female jumped up about eight feet in the air this spring and pulled a pigeon flying by right out of the air.. Pigeons fly at around 50 mph. It was one of the most amazing things I've seen a dog do. I'd like to see any cop shoot a pigeon flying by at close range with a pistol. Not very fucking likely.

Take a good look at the pit in the above photo. Those muscles are not for show..they are ALL GO!

That's what my male looks like except about twenty pounds bigger.

Last edited:
HUGGY and BigReb, you two are fucking lunatic rednecks.

In fact, you are both implying your desire to literally shoot a cop.

On that note, I'm ending my involvement with this thread, as angering either of you any more would be dangerous to real life cops who work wherever you two live, as you both obviously have.....nope, just ending it there.

I work with cops almost every day. Had a couple on bicycles come by the motel I gaurd about an hour ago. Had four cars show up night before last on a "situation" I had to put down involving crazy drug abusers, prostitutes and drug dealers. My dogs confront bad actors around 10 plus times a week. They are 100% trained to do as I tell them to. They are a threat to no one that does not deserve their attention and mine.

The local cops all love my dogs because they are an asset to the immediate neighborhood. They are not pussies like the cop in the video that murdered the pit bull. Nobody is going to just run out and kill a cop. Don't be such a moronic asshole. I can't speak for Reb but I sure won't. Kill my pitts though and all bets are off.

Renta cop, that explains a lot about you and your big tough guy act.

Azul,lunging_edited.jpg

The pit in the video was not in attack mode. He was in protect mode.
I agree with that.

He was just pushing back what he thought was an attack on his master lying there on the ground.
He could have been protecting food that was in the pack as far as any of us know.

Take a good look at the pit in the above photo. Those muscles are not for show..they are ALL GO!
Without movement there is no lunge. In the video clearly the dog lunged in a charging motion. He was not walking.

In the picture it's possible that the dog was holding it's ground. It's possible the dog got into that position because the person holding he leash backed up, instead of the dog pulling forward. Again... If there is no motion there is no lunge. Holding ground is not lunging. There was no movement. I'm not saying that is what is happening in the picture, only that it's a possibility given it's a still frame and harder to judge if it's lunging or not.

The argument that the dog wasn't lunging because it wasn't aggressive is a stupid argument. That has nothing to do with lunging. The dog was defending, and likely was not a threat as it was more show than an actual want to bite anyone. However that does not mean in any way, shape, or form that the dog did not lunge.

The dog did lunge in the video.

Edit: If someone wants to argue that the dog wasn't showing signs of aggressiveness to the point of biting someone... I have no choice but to agree. However it is obviously showing that the dog felt that it would bite if it had to. The dog was warning people. I wouldn't expect the average Joe to know the difference. But to say he didn't lunge is both stupid and incorrect.

Last edited:

Azul,lunging_edited.jpg

True enough. My Pits don't lower their heads when in attack mode. They look straight at the target .. They may bark/growl as well but the most you are going to get with it's head down is a nip below the knee. Pits..at least large ones like my 120 lb red nose male use their weight as well as speed to attempt to knock down their prey with the first "lunge". When they are right on the perp their neck and back is straight but they are higher in the front legs than back so when they push off for the kill they can get some altitude. Mine like to hit hard at arm/shoulder level which has the most lethal choices to grab. hand-forearm-upper arm- neck/face- upper arm-forearm-hand.

The pit in the video was not in attack mode. He was in protect mode. He was just pushing back what he thought was an attack on his master lying there on the ground. If he was attacking the cop he would have gone airborne and come faster. The cop would have never had such a clear shot if the pit was trying to kill him. To someone that doesn't work with pits it may look like the "lunge" is an attack. It may look frightening to some just the way you see it on the video. Trust me...if a large aggressive pit like mine is within ten feet like THAT pit in the video and in full on attack mode...the cop wouldn't have time to aim and shoot his pistol. He might get lucky and get a shot off but more than likely he would lose his hand.

Pits can be lightning fast. My 70 lb blue female jumped up about eight feet in the air this spring and pulled a pigeon flying by right out of the air.. Pigeons fly at around 50 mph. It was one of the most amazing things I've seen a dog do. I'd like to see any cop shoot a pigeon flying by at close range with a pistol. Not very fucking likely.

That's what my male looks like except about twenty pounds bigger.
We agree hell must be freezing over.

Azul,lunging_edited.jpg

I agree with that.

He could have been protecting food that was in the pack as far as any of us know.

Without movement there is no lunge. In the video clearly the dog lunged in a charging motion. He was not walking.

In the picture it's possible that the dog was holding it's ground. It's possible the dog got into that position because the person holding he leash backed up, instead of the dog pulling forward. Again... If there is no motion there is no lunge. Holding ground is not lunging. There was no movement. I'm not saying that is what is happening in the picture, only that it's a possibility given it's a still frame and harder to judge if it's lunging or not.

The argument that the dog wasn't lunging because it wasn't aggressive is a stupid argument. That has nothing to do with lunging. The dog was defending, and likely was not a threat as it was more show than an actual want to bite anyone. However that does not mean in any way, shape, or form that the dog did not lunge.

The dog did lunge in the video.

Edit: If someone wants to argue that the dog wasn't showing signs of aggressiveness to the point of biting someone... I have no choice but to agree. However it is obviously showing that the dog felt that it would bite if it had to. The dog was warning people. I wouldn't expect the average Joe to know the difference. But to say he didn't lunge is both stupid and incorrect.

I hate to disagree on the lunging part, I really do but from my training lunging would be in the act of jumping forward. the dog didn't do that he ran forward.

Forum List

Back