Cops all across the country are killing dogs like rats...

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Reasoning, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Reasoning

Reasoning Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +71
    We've been tracking a very disturbing increase in outrageous incidents where LEO's are gunning down family pets.

One person has become so upset about the topic that he has started a website so that the incidents can be tracked in a centralized fashion.

While most people have heard of one or two of these incidents taking place, when you start to track the subject the frequency is alarming.

Here is the site.

Dog Homicide

2. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Dogs? Uh oh...its not like they are illegals or antything.

3. Tank

Tank Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    What color are these dogs?

4. Agit8r

Agit8r Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,174
    Violence toward animals is a predictor for violent tendencies toward humans, so departments need to take this sort of thing very seriously

"Mr. Hogarth points out, in his ingenious prints, the connection between cruelty to brute animals in youth, and murder in manhood. I am so perfectly satisfied of the truth of a connection between morals and humanity to brutes, that I shall find it difficult to restrain my idolatry for that legislature, that shall first establish a system of laws, to defend them from outrage and oppression."

-- Benjamin Rush; from 'An inquiry into the influence of physical causes upon the moral faculty'

5. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,727
    While most cops are decent, sensible individuals, some are authoritarian sociopaths who can't wait to use their guns on something other than a paper target. And because relatively little administrative attention is paid to the "defensive" shooting of a domestic animal, when the wrong kind of cop comes upon the right kind of situation a beloved pet can easily become a perverse opportunity.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    I prefer the term puppycide. Cops should be able to deal with a dog without shooting it. I have walked up to many aggressive dogs over the years, have never been bitten, and have never once felt the need to shoot any of them. That includes my friends chihuahua that thought my ankle was some type of chew toy. Yet police, when faced with chihuahuas, shoot them because they feel that their lives are in danger.

Sorry, but an adult human is in no danger from any chihuahua that I have ever seen, even if it has rabies.

7. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    If a cop shot my dog..there would be a dead cop along side it.

8. Wingsofwind

Wingsofwind Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I don't think I like this comment. ;) I used to raise rats and these animals can be a great pet. They are actually clean, just as much as a cat. They just need owners willing to keep their cages clean.

I have known about this for some time. Some cops do tend to not care to shoot an animal like they would a human. However, they do not know the animal and don't know how the animal will react to a situation. So they will eliminate any possibility of them getting bit, whether it is by getting the owner to subdue the animal, shooting it, or any other means.

Pet owners need to keep this in mind and take as much precaution as possible. I also believe that cops should keep in mind that these animals are seen family members and that in some places they can be taken to court if the animal is hurt or killed.

9. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    It won't be long now. You'll have open season on cops just like over in the M.E. The murkin people are well armed.
    If you aren't ? Get that way.
    The police are enemy #1. Every time you see one of the Nazi bastards just remember...........it looks at you as a suspect and possible target. When it looks at you it first figures the easiest way to take you down.That's what they teach those frightened little boys and girls who become cops and military meatheads.
    Officers school is a psychology class teaching how to manipulate this type of loon.

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Police are becoming increasingly brutal without doubt.

This is happening in part because of the FEDERALIZATION of local police forces.

Today local cops find themselves petitioning the FEDS for funds to buy their SWAT toys.

Today's cops often find themselves in joint task forces lead by and paid for by the DEA ect.

As cops become militarized they cease being public servants and become FEDERAL tools.

Dogs are being shot like rats?

Friend citizens are being killed like rats, too.

Monitor the number of deaths by police and look deeply into many of those events.

Thirty years ago, those same kinds of events wouldn't have ended with perps being killed.

Today's cops are encouraged not to take risks, and to act with shock and awe so they overwhelm the target.

Shit happens, people (and dogs) die as a result.