Cops all across the country are killing dogs like rats...

Excuse me? If this is an accurate report, it seems to me there is very little question with regard to the issue of right or wrong here.

Once again, assuming this report contains all the facts, and there is nothing else about this incident we need to know, how anyone could defend something like this is beyond me.
That I.A.D. report followed testimony of the drug store proprietor. The cops' side of the story, which of course was impossible to positively refute because of the traumatic nature of the event, was they saw a gun, shouted a warning and opened fire defensively.

There were two cops, one proprietor, and circumstances which are eminently capable of inducing extreme confusion. So which side of the story do you believe? Better, which side of the story do you choose to believe?

When the police deal with me they are supposed to assume I am innocent, and treat me that way. they are supposed to defer to my rights, and accept that I might be having a bad day. They are supposed to answer to me, not the other way around. Anything other than that opens me up to living in a police state, something I think even you want to avoid.

Not necessarily. Personally, I'm not a big believer in "Innocent until Proven Guilty", or most of the other CRAP that our LEO's have to put up with on a daily basis. As I walk down the street on a daily basis I assume that everyone I see is a potential threat to me until proven otherwise. I assume everyone is guilty of something, if nothing other than not having MY best interests in their heart. I'm a big believer that the only way to truly clean up society is going to be to take the choke collar off of our LEO's and let them start being interested in JUSTICE rather than Legality.

One of the men I had the opportunity to meet before his passing is former NYPD Stakeout Squad member Jim Cirillo. Jim's claim to fame is that he was 17-0 in gunfights during his career on the NYPD. You know how he did he?.... He CHEATED. He didn't fight fair. He had no qualms about shooting a suspect who had little or no chance to defend himself. For example....

Jim and his partner were staking out a liquor store. A robber came in and demanded the money. Jim and his partner stepped out of the back room. As Jim described the encounter.... "We stepped out of the back room. The suspect turned towards us. I announced our presence. He started to raise his weapon. I fired one round from the shotgun and he went down." As the suspect described the encounter...."I saw somebody moving and I turned towards them. I hear 'Surprise A**hole!!', then this loud bang; and the next thing I know I wake up in the hospital and they're trying to put my right arm back on."

Mayor Guiliani (I believe) shut down the stakeout squad because they weren't PC. They may not have been, but they got the job done. Justice or Bureaucracy. We can only have one. I prefer Justice.

You believe police should have the right to commit murder simply because it makes their job easier?

You are not worth the trouble it will take to argue with you. You can consider that you won this one if it makes your authoritarian brain feel better.

Excuse me? If this is an accurate report, it seems to me there is very little question with regard to the issue of right or wrong here.

Once again, assuming this report contains all the facts, and there is nothing else about this incident we need to know, how anyone could defend something like this is beyond me.
That I.A.D. report followed testimony of the drug store proprietor. The cops' side of the story, which of course was impossible to positively refute because of the traumatic nature of the event, was they saw a gun, shouted a warning and opened fire defensively.

There were two cops, one proprietor, and circumstances which are eminently capable of inducing extreme confusion. So which side of the story do you believe? Better, which side of the story do you choose to believe?

OK - that's different. Those facts were not in the OP.

[...]Personally, I'm not a big believer in "Innocent until Proven Guilty", or most of the other CRAP that our LEO's have to put up with on a daily basis. As I walk down the street on a daily basis I assume that everyone I see is a potential threat to me until proven otherwise. I assume everyone is guilty of something, if nothing other than not having MY best interests in their heart. I'm a big believer that the only way to truly clean up society is going to be to take the choke collar off of our LEO's and let them start being interested in JUSTICE rather than Legality.

[...]
I don't say this to offend you but your mentality is very typical of that which has promoted the increasing militarization of our law enforcement establishment and enables the kind of menacing conduct such as reported on these websites:

Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

No-knock "drug war" warrant = dead dogs, ruined home - Gordon Wagner - Open Salon

You cannot reasonably assume that all cops are interested in pursuing justice. You need to understand that a percentage of all law enforcement officers harbor criminal propensities and/or are sadistic to some degree.

You believe police should have the right to commit murder simply because it makes their job easier?

To be Murder, a human being has to be killed. Criminals are not human beings, they're animals. Therefore the term Murder does not apply to them.

It make the cop's job easier. It makes our communities safer. It puts the Fear of God in the criminal element. There are MANY advantages to that style of policework.

While most cops are decent, sensible individuals, some are authoritarian sociopaths who can't wait to use their guns on something other than a paper target. And because relatively little administrative attention is paid to the "defensive" shooting of a domestic animal, when the wrong kind of cop comes upon the right kind of situation a beloved pet can easily become a perverse opportunity.

That was kind of stupid.

I don't think so. Which part of the post are your referring to, by the way?

All the parts that try and portray cops as a bunch of gun toting red necks. Everyone bitches and moans about brutal cops until they need one. Sure, they have there pricks like any ware else but not like it is made out to be here. Also, do you know what happens to a cop who discharges his weapon while on duty ?

That was kind of stupid.

All the parts that try and portray cops as a bunch of gun toting red necks. Everyone bitches and moans about brutal cops until they need one. Sure, they have there pricks like any ware else but not like it is made out to be here. Also, do you know what happens to a cop who discharges his weapon while on duty ?

I would suspect, at the very least, he has a lot of paper work to do and a lot of people to talk to.

That was kind of stupid.

It depends on the reason and the effect. If it's a "good shoot" and occurred in accordance with procedure, nothing happens to him.

And I'm not aware of any attempt to portray cops as "gun-toting rednecks." The consensus seems to be that most cops are decent people but some shouldn't be on the job for a variety of reasons ranging from criminality and corruption to psychopathology.

It depends on the reason and the effect. If it's a "good shoot" and occurred in accordance with procedure, nothing happens to him.

And I'm not aware of any attempt to portray cops as "gun-toting rednecks." The consensus seems to be that most cops are decent people but some shouldn't be on the job for a variety of reasons ranging from criminality and corruption to psychopathology.

Any shooting at all good bad or fun will mean lots of paper work and hours of questioning. They have to account for there ammunition that . criminality and corruption to psychopathology are not to common among cops and is dealt with swiftly when found. The way thees things are usually reported as Barney Fife rolled up on Fido and busted a cap in his brain pan and rolled on.

Forum List

Back