Copout: Parents brought children to America; no fault of their own

CaféAuLait;5508609 said:
If a set of parents (American's) had, lets say robbed a bank and got away with it and brought a house with that money and 5 years down the road the police catch up with the parents, should the kids get to keep the house?

I don't know where you got this meme you keep parroting, but what people like you want to do is more akin to throwing a kid in jail because his parents robbed a bank.

Liberals don't seem to have much of a problem with the offense, unfairness, and disincentive to legal immigrants (a national treasure) such rewarding and excusing of illegal immigrants (a national burden and shame) represents.

Because they're victims and they don't understand how systems are supposed to work. They think chaos is a solution.

CaféAuLait;5508609 said:
If a set of parents (American's) had, lets say robbed a bank and got away with it and brought a house with that money and 5 years down the road the police catch up with the parents, should the kids get to keep the house?

I don't know where you got this meme you keep parroting, but what people like you want to do is more akin to throwing a kid in jail because his parents robbed a bank.

Sending a kid to his native country is throwing him in jail? Nah.

Liberals don't seem to have much of a problem with the offense, unfairness, and disincentive to legal immigrants (a national treasure) such rewarding and excusing of illegal immigrants (a national burden and shame) represents.

Because they're victims and they don't understand how systems are supposed to work. They think chaos is a solution.

You are the only one complaining about your victimhood. You seem to believe some kids have taken something from you.

Nah, it's not, and it's only an issue for you 13 guys who feel like you.

You are entertainment for the overwhelming majority who have no trouble with it.

Hateful people like yourself are in the minority.

Jake's a Democrat. He just hasn't come to grips with it yet.

I am GOP, and you are a far right extremist who, if he does not change his ways, will be booted from the party but he can always vote Republican.

This is over, don't you understand. Over. Finished. Capiche. Romney will not over turn it, only expand it once he is elected and bring many of these people into the GOP. They are going to replace the extremists like you.

CaféAuLait;5508609 said:

I keep parroting? It's the FIRST I ever wrote of it and or even thought about the bank robbery scenario. As far as throwing the kid in jail? How so? Making them wait and apply for citizenship is throwing them in jail?

CaféAuLait;5508609 said:
Just because a child is brought here by a parent has he/she lost his citizenship in his native country? No. He/she can exist there.

It's a copout to say oh we're hurting these children who were brought here through no fault of their own. That's b.s. families are responsible for their fates. And to reward those families while other families are legally waiting is irresponsible.

Frankly, it's obvious that Obama created this bleeding heart narrative on the heels of an election b/c who wants to be a hard ass and say fair is fair?

Sorry dude, but the standard is you're a citizen of your native country and you have to legally apply for citizenship. Just b/c your mommy or daddy broke the law doesn't give you any special rights that others do not have.

If a set of parents (American's) had, lets say robbed a bank and got away with it and brought a house with that money and 5 years down the road the police catch up with the parents, should the kids get to keep the house? Or should the government take it back? No, they should not get to keep it, they would be rewarding the family of those breaking the law.

I totally get that these kids are in limbo, but they should go through the proper channels to become citizens just like the kids above would need to make their own money when able to buy a home. Sound mean or just fair to those waiting in line?

And they were put there by their own parents.
But, somehow, it's someone else's fault.

:eusa_eh:

Strange, isn't it?

Just because a child is brought here by a parent has he/she lost his citizenship in his native country? No. He/she can exist there.

It's a copout to say oh we're hurting these children who were brought here through no fault of their own. That's b.s. families are responsible for their fates. And to reward those families while other families are legally waiting is irresponsible.

Frankly, it's obvious that Obama created this bleeding heart narrative on the heels of an election b/c who wants to be a hard ass and say fair is fair?

Sorry dude, but the standard is you're a citizen of your native country and you have to legally apply for citizenship. Just b/c your mommy or daddy broke the law doesn't give you any special rights that others do not have.
kids aren't responsible for the sins of their parents.

CaféAuLait;5508687 said:
CaféAuLait;5508609 said:

I keep parroting? It's the FIRST I ever wrote of it and or even thought about the bank robbery scenario.

Really? You are the second person in the past few days to use the identical analogy.

Sounds to me like you are parroting something you heard somewhere else.

Last edited:

True enough.
But, realistically, kids do wind up paying the consequences of their parents bad choices.

Hateful people like yourself are in the minority.

Jake's a Democrat. He just hasn't come to grips with it yet.

He knows he's a lefty democrat. He just can't give up this BS little story he's been trying to sell for so long.

This is over, don't you understand. Over. Finished. Capiche. Romney will not over turn it, only expand it once he is elected and bring many of these people into the GOP. They are going to replace the extremists like you. You are not the mainstream of the GOP. I am and those who are like me. There is no place for you unless you give up your bad old extremist ways.

That's not the question. The question is, should kids be rewarded for the sins of their parents when other kids receive no such reward for their parents doing things the honest way?

CaféAuLait;5508687 said:

I keep parroting? It's the FIRST I ever wrote of it and or even thought about the bank robbery scenario.

Really? You are the second person in the past few days to use the identical analogy.

Sounds to me like you are parroting something you heard somewhere else.

I have not heard it nor have I read it anywhere. It was just a thought. I was thinking why these people should get special privileges because their parents did not wish to follow the law. I tried to think of something that would be similar and the bank scenario seemed logical in my opinion.

The bank robbery scenario is ludicrous and how silly the extremists have become.

We in the mainstream GOP accept the executive order and know that Romney will expand it even more. We need many more Latinos in the party to make and maintain majority status.

Forum List

Back