Copied & Pasted Palin was Right.. Romney will do the right thing!

we're exporting all our resources. And importing manufactured goods. Like a third world country. Not good. And we're still subsidizing oil companies.

Even if we had a huge domestic supply, which I doubt, the way it is sold on the world market precludes the possibility of energy independence with petroleum. China is pretty thirsty and will readily buy up every barrel Exxon/Mobil can sell them (the real and only winners in increased domestic production).

Even if we had a huge domestic supply, which I doubt,

We have lots,there is just as much oil in the Marcellus shall as gas,along with the utica formation. So we become an exporter we could use some of our dollars BACK into our country.

Jobs Jobs Jobs,but people like you just want to blubber,

we would still be chasing our food with sharp sticks if we let them run things.

I'm fine with jobs, I love jobs, but quit trying convince people that we can drill our way to energy independence, the international oil business is not going to allow it, they hate the idea and will not allow it. We will sell our oil on the world market to the highest bidder and like it, the punishment for trying to produce all our own oil and keep it here is almost too awful to contemplate.

Guess you haven't gotten to the supply and demand chapter in econ 101 yet, keep reading, you'll get there.

Guess you are not familiar with the oil companies routinely slowing production or holding shipments to keep prices high enough to make it profitable to drill in certain locations. Oil is incredibly manipulated at every stage of production, a price lowering glut is just not allowed.

Refined petro products are our leading export, I would much perfer to pay US drillers working in the US over middle east countries. It would deny terrorist funding and aid all us markets from housing to electronics. I don't think you understand the services required to drill an oil well, I worked in the industry until a couple of years ago.

I understand, but you need to be aware of just how many deals we have made with various devils to keep oil as cheap as it is in the states, we provide an International financial infrastructure that allows tremendous manipulation across the globe and that puts us in a position to get the best end of nearly every deal, in return we do not screw with the balance of power that keeps the same big players comfortably in control of the world market.

Can't you come up with something more than liberal rhetoric?

Not when it is the absolute truth, can't you come up with a substantive counter argument? You should know by now how all US oil is sold on the world market.

It does not have to be... we CAN be energy independent.

It just takes some will on our part.

That's Romney's plan. Once we do that we're free from Opec.. The button becomes a huge deterrent.

Not when it is the absolute truth, can't you come up with a substantive counter argument? You should know by now how all US oil is sold on the world market.

It does not have to be... we CAN be energy independent.

It just takes some will on our part.

That's Romney's plan. Once we do that we're free from Opec.. The button becomes a huge deterrent.

At the risk of being redundant, what happens when the petrodollar collapses because we screwed with the powers that be in the international oil cartel? is that in Romney's plan? To kill the greatest financial scam we have going for us? Not on your life, Romney is not that stupid, only the drill-baby-drill crowd.

Forum List

Back