CDZ Cop shootings....It may be a race problem, but it is a cop problem and we need to resolve it

I was responding to what seemed a strangely naive post that cops must first earn our respect before we should be expected to comply with them. ....
CDZ.jpg
You misunderstood me. What I said was ......

Citizens must RESPECT THE LAW,
not necessarily respect the policeman on the beat.
CDZ.jpg
.... or to formulate it in the terms you prefer ...... Citizens must respect and conform with the law, BUT cops must first earn our respect before we should be expected to conform with their ego.
Okay. I don't really think this has a lot to do with the current concern about use of deadly force by police, but the underlying attitude that black communities have for law enforcement in general may.

OK I'll bite. What is that underlying attitude is that.....and what are the reasons for it?
Did I mess up? Probably. What I was saying was, not kissing a cop's ass, saying "sir" and massaging his ego, doesn't seem to be a big factor in the current shootings of black guys by cops. They seem to have mostly been about potential weapons. However, cops with big egos walking around the neighborhood acting like pricks MAY have something to do with the generally negative attitude the black community has about cops.

I don't care about "treating both sides as if they are equally wrong", since such a notion is simplistic and impossible to quantify. Not to mention irrelevant.

then no need to post innuendo babbling about both sides 'having issues' when it's clear in this issue it isn't the police who 'have issues'. They don't, period; no need to be pandering to a false narrative as if they have some justification for smearing the police, is there?

What I am saying is that both sides have issues that must be addressed, and if they are going to be honest, they need to admit it and set about addressing them.

And here we go again with the vague gibberish yet again. Lol ...

Instead, all I see are denials, deflection and finger-pointing, and I'm seeing it here.

Yes, you are doing all that. Thanks for admitting it.

I don't care about "treating both sides as if they are equally wrong", since such a notion is simplistic and impossible to quantify. Not to mention irrelevant.

then no need to post innuendo babbling about both sides 'having issues' when it's clear in this issue it isn't the police who 'have issues'. They don't, period; no need to be pandering to a false narrative as if they have some justification for smearing the police, is there?

What I am saying is that both sides have issues that must be addressed, and if they are going to be honest, they need to admit it and set about addressing them.

And here we go again with the vague gibberish yet again. Lol ...

Instead, all I see are denials, deflection and finger-pointing, and I'm seeing it here.

Yes, you are doing all that. Thanks for admitting it.
I can see, understand and appreciate both sides of the argument. Clearly.

You don't. You just point the finger at "the other guys".

I'm used to it here.

CDZ.jpg
Am I the only one on the forum who has the idea that 'resisting arrest' is a capital offence in the US? In more civilized nations 'resisting arrest' and 'getting away' is taken with a sigh and, "Oh well, we'll get him next time."
There's too much grey area for that. I'd just like to know why the fact that many of these were clearly resisting arrest is so rarely addressed, especially on that "side". It may just be the standard politically-motivated dishonesty, but I do have to wonder if it's an acceptable behavior within the culture.
CDZ.jpg
I may not understand your point in detail but I do understand the dilemma in general. My point is that fugitives of serious crimes must certainly be apprehended, even at great costs. But it looks like the police are judging all citizens as "potential" murderers. They are shooting people dead because of running away from an alleged loitering offense, trespassing, J-Walking, shop-lifting, etc. The police take the theory, "He must have done something wrong earlier or he wouldn't run!" But the suspect might just be running because it's not the first time he loitered, trespassed, J-Walked, or shop-lifted. Big deal! So there is no other way to say it than they are being shot for simply 'resisting arrest'. Every cop is a pistolero it seems. What kind of law/justice is that?
smilshoot.gif

All of this is idiocy. Fact: violence against police is skyrocketing, being driven by both national media and Democratic Party funders, to do exactly that, escalate the violence and bait the police. Whether sociopaths like yourself like it or not, no police officer is required to take chances with his own safety just to please a bunch of cop hating morons engaging in silly sophistry. It's that simple, no complexity here at all. And yes, running from the police is a red flag, and only Darwin Award winning shitheads do it, also obvious to anybody who isn't butt stupid.

Last edited:

If you looked at both sides objectively, then you wouldn't be posting about the police 'having issues', as there is literally nothing to back that up.

That's because objectivity makes it plain who is the problem, and it isn't the police.

I'm used to it here.

You're used to waffling, yes.

If you looked at both sides objectively, then you wouldn't be posting about the police 'having issues', as there is literally nothing to back that up.

That's because objectivity makes it plain who is the problem, and it isn't the police.

I'm used to it here.

Okie dokie.

It's all THEIR fault.

Those guys. Over there.

Check.

...... violence against police is skyrocketing, being driven by both national media and Democratic Party funders......
AGAIN?!!!!! "The Democrats done it!" Be warned: If you want me to read anything you've written make sure that you save your "It's the Democrats!" - "It's the Liberals!" - "It's the Leftists!" ..... for the end of your reply. The reason is because once I see that childish rhetoric, I click it off immediately. That's right, I have no idea what you said after this little thing, here above. Naturally, if you don't care whether or not I read your tripe then it doesn't matter to either of us. I guess that I could just put you on 'ignore' but I don't dislike you that much.

I'm used to it here.

Okie dokie.

It's all THEIR fault.

Those guys. Over there.

Check.

One side says 2+2=4, the other says 2+2=6; now, you may look at 'both sides' and find that the 2+2=6 people should be treated as if they have a valid point, but most truly objective people will be happy to go with the 2+2=4 people on this one.

I'm used to it here.

Okie dokie.

It's all THEIR fault.

Those guys. Over there.

Check.

One side says 2+2=4, the other says 2+2=6; now, you may look at 'both sides' and find that the 2+2=6 people should be treated as if they have a valid point, but most truly objective people will be happy to go with the 2+2=4 people on this one.
And which one is which?

...... violence against police is skyrocketing, being driven by both national media and Democratic Party funders......
AGAIN?!!!!! "The Democrats done it!"

And as usual you can't refute what I actually said, and go with your silly straw man re-wording of what I said, I guess in order to have anything to say at all.

Be warned: If you want me to read anything you've written make sure that you save your "It's the Democrats!" - "It's the Liberals!" - "It's the Leftists!" ..... for the end of your reply. The reason is because once I see that childish rhetoric, I click it off immediately. That's right, I have no idea what you said after this little thing, here above. Naturally, if you don't care whether or not I read your tripe then it doesn't matter to either of us. I guess that I could just put you on 'ignore' but I don't dislike you that much.

I could care less if you answer or not, since you never address what anybody actually said, and then only to post idiotic troll posts like this one. I will, however, still cite your gibberish at will and show it to be what it is, rubbish and astro-turfing nonsense.

If you want to try and peddle the nonsense about who is funding this gang of violent street thugs called 'BLM', Democratic Party funders, even after it has been published by numerous sources then fine, the rest of us will continue to point it out, and you can't do a thing about it, except post troll posts like this. lol

CDZ.jpg
There are many subjects where your analogy is perfectly valid. But this isn't one of them. This situation with cop vs. civilian and black vs. white does not apply to differences in the sum of 2+2. No. There are too many variables, too much history, and too many points of view. This my friend, is in the realm of one side says 2+2=4 and the other says 3+3=6.
think_smiley_41.gif

The result is the shooting of an innocent citizen in both cases, but the events leading up to it are seen from more than one perspective.

This situation with cop vs. civilian and black vs. white does not apply to differences in the sum of 2+2. No. There are too many variables.

Well, yes. Context is essential to the matter at hand, as it always is.

“Is everyone who lives in Ignorance like you?" asked Milo.
"Much worse," he said longingly. "But I don't live here. I'm from a place very far away called Context.”
― Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

This situation with cop vs. civilian and black vs. white does not apply to differences in the sum of 2+2. No. There are too many variables.

Well, yes. Context is essential to the matter at hand, as it always is.

“Is everyone who lives in Ignorance like you?" asked Milo.
"Much worse," he said longingly. "But I don't live here. I'm from a place very far away called Context.”
― Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
Context. Exactly.

It isn't a cop problem. It isn't a problem at all. It's a political football exaggerated by the Race Grievance Industry, and the left wing MSM.

WTF?

The Race Grievance Industry. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, et.al, who make their living off of the division between the races. There are others, those who make their living off of the division between Hispanics and whites, Native Americans and everyone else, etc., etc. the last thing these people want is for the races to get along. It would mean the end of the gravy train for those people.

america was founded on, built on, and still runs on these divisions that your power structure manufactured and fomented. Then you were pointed at any and all who point out how the system works.

It isn't a cop problem. It isn't a problem at all. It's a political football exaggerated by the Race Grievance Industry, and the left wing MSM.

WTF?

The Race Grievance Industry. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, et.al, who make their living off of the division between the races. There are others, those who make their living off of the division between Hispanics and whites, Native Americans and everyone else, etc., etc. the last thing these people want is for the races to get along. It would mean the end of the gravy train for those people.

america was founded on, built on, and still runs on these divisions that your power structure manufactured and fomented. Then you were pointed at any and all who point out how the system works.

Wtf? You haven't a single clue.

One can almost say, "Divide and rule".

I am supportive of the Black Lives Matter movement, but I have also maintained that while the issue of police using undue force seems more dire to, for and with blacks, a material part of the problem is the type of people who are sworn onto police forces.

As a nation, we need to raise bar for what kinds of characters would be police officers need to have. Additionally, I think that in addition to law enforcement training, cops need to have psychology/sociology training so that they are better able to make equitable, accurate and well informed decisions about the people whom they encounter.

I think too cops need to be trained on how to control/ignore their understandably negative bias toward potential offenders. I think that because it's all but certain that cops, given the nature of their job, are inclined to think "the worst" more so than giving folks the benefit of the doubt. Cops are, however, hired to enforce laws, not pass judgement on folks suspected of breaking them, which is the role of judges and juries. Cops need to learn how to maintain objectively and neutrality in carrying out their duties and in interacting with citizens.
You lost any chance of being taken seriously; when you said you were supportive of the BLM movement. The whole thing is based on a lie. And you support it. That's all anyone really needs to know.

You've just pretty much demonstrated all anyone needs to know about your perceptual reality, ah give ya that pard.

I am supportive of the Black Lives Matter movement, but I have also maintained that while the issue of police using undue force seems more dire to, for and with blacks, a material part of the problem is the type of people who are sworn onto police forces.

As a nation, we need to raise bar for what kinds of characters would be police officers need to have. Additionally, I think that in addition to law enforcement training, cops need to have psychology/sociology training so that they are better able to make equitable, accurate and well informed decisions about the people whom they encounter.

I think too cops need to be trained on how to control/ignore their understandably negative bias toward potential offenders. I think that because it's all but certain that cops, given the nature of their job, are inclined to think "the worst" more so than giving folks the benefit of the doubt. Cops are, however, hired to enforce laws, not pass judgement on folks suspected of breaking them, which is the role of judges and juries. Cops need to learn how to maintain objectively and neutrality in carrying out their duties and in interacting with citizens.
Seeing how you don't know what you speak of, you'd make a great politician. But if these stupid negroes would comply with police orders they wouldn't get shot. The ones who don't, and get shot, deserve it.
Yeah. Liberals create more criminals that any inner city ever could, and then they want to neuter the police.

One can almost say, "Divide and rule".

One should.

Seeing how you don't know what you speak of, you'd make a great politician. But if these stupid negroes would comply with police orders they wouldn't get shot. The ones who don't, and get shot, deserve it.
Yeah. Liberals create more criminals that any inner city ever could, and then they want to neuter the police.

Hell, shoot them too, it's as american as apple pie.

Forum List

Back