cop justifies in shooting of patrick layoya

"Lyoya had three outstanding warrants at the time he fled Schurr, and an autopsy revealed his blood-alcohol concentration was more than three times the legal limit."

A man who resisted arrest, tried to flee from the scene and physically takes away the Taser and continues to fight off legal police commands, then gets shot to stop his from being allegedly dangerous to the police officer while likely having driven a stolen car...

The fool would be alive if he just stayed at the car and allow the Police officer to do his job.

It was a fine shoot, a spectacular shoot; just in a Neo-Marxist jurisdiction.

The cop shot him in the back of the head while he had him pinned to the ground.

All this over an expired tag on a license plate?

Geez you and brutha can't read what I said about the back of the head shooting.

I repeat myself:

"It is pretty well established the dead man is a slimeball (5 violations at the scene and THREE warrants for arrests)) but the officers shooting him in the back of the head deserved investigation because that is a very unusual police shooting decision to see if he was justified in doing it."

No it was for numerous violations as pointed out:

From the article,

"Lyoya had three outstanding warrants at the time he fled Schurr, and an autopsy revealed his blood-alcohol concentration was more than three times the legal limit."

===

A man who resisted arrest, tried to flee from the scene and physically takes away the Taser and continues to fight off legal police commands, then gets shot to stop his from being allegedly dangerous to the police officer while likely having driven a stolen car...

===

How did you manage to miss all of his violations he committed?

Exactly, Layoya could have shot the cop with the taser and then taken his gun. Once he had the officers gun the cop was as good as dead.

How is this not a threat?
and his friend kept putting his camera down so we couldnt see the tazer is his buddies hands too.

Geez you and brutha can't read what I said about the back of the head shooting.

I repeat myself:

"It is pretty well established the dead man is a slimeball (5 violations at the scene and THREE warrants for arrests)) but the officers shooting him in the back of the head deserved investigation because that is a very unusual police shooting decision to see if he was justified in doing it."

No it was for numerous violations as pointed out:

From the article,

===

===

So what justifies shooting him in the back of the head? Fear for his life or having a couple of outstanding warrants. You know if you miss a court date for a speeding ticket they put a warrant out for your arrest.

this is going to get nasty. i agree. other cops even agree.

He shouldn't have been charged, Dan and Amy, the local Chicago radio hosts played the police cam footage....the cop tried over and over again to get the guy to comply, tried to subdue him, and didn't fire until the guy grabbed the taser from the cop.....

The DA is a coward and likely a democrat.....this case should never have been charged.

The cop shot him in the back of the head while he had him pinned to the ground.

All this over an expired tag on a license plate?

No......the cop told the guy to stay in his car...he did not. The cop told him over and over again to stop what he was doing, he did not. The cop told him over and over again to put his hands behind his back...he did not. The cop told him over and over again to stop resisting, he did not. The cop told him over and over again to not touch the taser....he did not...

That is why the guy was shot, grabbing the taser was an act that apparently has been backed up in court as a justifiable reason to shoot......

So what justifies shooting him in the back of the head? Fear for his life or having a couple of outstanding warrants. You know if you miss a court date for a speeding ticket they put a warrant out for your arrest.

Grabbing the taser after fighting the officer......with the taser, he can disable the officer and kill him.......it was a justified use of force, especially when you hear the audio and the cop doing everything he could to not shoot the guy...

The dead man is mostly dead because of his poor decisions.
And the cop would have been exonerated for a 'good shoot' as they call it.
A justified shoot.
If...........

If he had shot him in the heart when they were tussling while vertical.
Probably could have been exonerated if he had shot him in the body even when both were on the ground.
But........

The hinge-point as every single one of us knows is....."shot in the back of the head".

I ain't a cop, or ever was one.....but even I know shooting folks in the back of the head is an execution....NOT self-defense.

Captain Obvious.

The dead man is mostly dead because of his poor decisions.
And the cop would have been exonerated for a 'good shoot' as they call it.
A justified shoot.
If...........

If he had shot him in the heart when they were tussling while vertical.
Probably could have been exonerated if he had shot him in the body even when both were on the ground.
But........

The hinge-point as every single one of us knows is....."shot in the back of the head".

I ain't a cop, or ever was one.....but even I know shooting folks in the back of the head is an execution....NOT self-defense.

Captain Obvious.

Wrong...when the guy has the taser and can turn around on you, on the ground, and imobilize you, you don't wait for that.....any rational human being would understand that.

No......the cop told the guy to stay in his car...he did not. The cop told him over and over again to stop what he was doing, he did not. The cop told him over and over again to put his hands behind his back...he did not. The cop told him over and over again to stop resisting, he did not. The cop told him over and over again to not touch the taser....he did not...

That is why the guy was shot, grabbing the taser was an act that apparently has been backed up in court as a justifiable reason to shoot......
blacks do not like to be told no.

Grabbing the taser after fighting the officer......with the taser, he can disable the officer and kill him.......it was a justified use of force, especially when you hear the audio and the cop doing everything he could to not shoot the guy...
Sorry, that bullshit isn't going to fly anymore.

How many of those were capital offenses? Oh, yeah, none of them.

In the back of the head? Nope. Doesn't fly. Which is why this cop has been indicted for murder.

He shouldn't have been charged, Dan and Amy, the local Chicago radio hosts played the police cam footage....the cop tried over and over again to get the guy to comply, tried to subdue him, and didn't fire until the guy grabbed the taser from the cop.....

The DA is a coward and likely a democrat.....this case should never have been charged.

No worries, Disgraced Anchor Babe Amy Jacobson is on the case.

1655113388541.png

He had the guy pinned to the ground and shot him in the back of the head.

How many of those were capital offenses? Oh, yeah, none of them.

In the back of the head? Nope. Doesn't fly. Which is why this cop has been indicted for murder.

No worries, Disgraced Anchor Babe Amy Jacobson is on the case.

View attachment 657227

He had the guy pinned to the ground and shot him in the back of the head.

And the guy had his taser....you idiot.......

You guys...love the violent criminal who refuses to obey lawful orders and escalates the violence....when the cop is forced to defend his life, you shitheads pounce on him....

This is why you can never be trusted with power...

And the guy had his taser....you idiot.......

You guys...love the violent criminal who refuses to obey lawful orders and escalates the violence....when the cop is forced to defend his life, you shitheads pounce on him....

This is why you can never be trusted with power...
What do you think guys? Is this irony or is this ^ poster just fucking stupid?

The fool would be alive if he just stayed at the car and allow the Police officer to do his job.

Have warrants by breaking the law shortens your life expectancy.

Being drunk shortens your life expectancy. Especially while driving.

Running from the cops shortens your life expectancy.

Taking a weapon away from a cop shortens your life expectancy.

All those things added together is a slam dunk you're going to get shot by the cops. If they simply chose not to break the law they would be alive right now. Their own personal decisions put them in the ground and no one else's.

Don't want the cops after you? Don't break the law, it's that easy.

This should be mandatory viewing for all blacks. Hell, everyone.

All those things added together is a slam dunk you're going to get shot by the cops. If they simply chose not to break the law they would be alive right now. Their own personal decisions put them in the ground and no one else's.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much of what poster Resnic states I can agree with.
The only caveat...as it applies to this Grand Rapids, Michigan case.....is the shot to the back of the head.

Everybody here knows...or should know..... that any controversy over this shoot is where and how the officer put that bullet.

The jury will make the determination after hearing all the facts.
But from a mere reader of newspapers and watcher of YouTubers......it sure seems to me to be an improper shoot...because of that bullet placement.

As I stated earlier, if that cop would have made his shot at any other time during the running tussle, the struggle to put the perp on the ground, and/or in most any other place on the body.....well, in my opinion, he would not be facing a murder trial. It likely would have been considered a 'good shoot'.

But shooting someone in the back of the head while they were on their belly on the ground.....albeit still struggling.....but down on his belly....well, that sure smacks more of an execution than it does self-defense.

IMHO

Chillicothe writes,

But shooting someone in the back of the head while they were on their belly on the ground.....albeit still struggling.....but down on his belly....well, that sure smacks more of an execution than it does self-defense.

Yeah that needs to be investigated since this is usually not a strong self defense claim to build on as he was laying face down at the time and not appearing to be a big threat at the moment.

However this would never happen if the idiot didn't fight the police officer in the first place but I can see why he wants to run away with those multiple warrants on him and now a new arrest he is fighting he probably wanted to avoid possible Prison time.

Forum List

Back