Convenient store stand-your-ground shooter charged

If they had chosen to convict Zimmerman of manslaughter, this guy would probably have gotten the message and known better not to confront people while armed. The other guy would still be alive.

OK

Show me a stand your ground case with a black man standing his ground against a white man
Junk Bonds, not Junk Laws!

Any gang member can Stand His Ground on his own turf.

They do it all the time

Any confrontation in which someone is armed can meet the standard of stand your ground
this guy is lucky the girlfriend didn't have a gun, and stand her ground against an armed Man, threatening her.

It seems to be a case of might makes right
The guy with a gun feels threatened even though the other guy is unarmed

In this case, it is the third time this guy has drawn his gun in a conflict

the white guy has never been arrested for anything before...yet the black guy has a history of assault and battery. How many times have we heard about someone being beaten or kicked to death. There is a recent example of like yesterday of a buy being beaten to death. The unarmed b.s. was featured in the trayvon case .....made no difference. In a nutshell if you have two arms, two legs....you can beat someone to death.
How many times have we heard of a guy being kicked or beaten to death while he has a gun on the guy?

It rests solely on when you change from being the attacked to being the attacker
Not if the person using lethal self-defense perceives the attack to be imminent and ongoing.
Requires a suspension of belief

If your interpretation of Florida’s law is correct, anyone with a gun can fire based on a dirty look or someone following you
I felt threatened .....
Code for.....the guy was black
Lol
You know your views on so-called racism makes that word racist meaningless?
OK

Show me a stand your ground case with a black man standing his ground against a white man
Marissa Alexander case - Wikipedia Black woman.
20 year sentence for firing a warning shot

In Florida, you better make sure you kill them

The political pressure became too great.

The State clearly didn't learn from the Zimmerman debacle.
It’s because the state lost the Zimmerman case that they’re charging Drejka with manslaughter and not 2nd degree murder.

I think manslaughter is more appropriate
The difference between manslaughter and murder is the intention to kill. Drejka clearly intended to kill. But the state lost the Zimmerman case to a 2nd degree murder charge and didn’t want to overcharge Drejka.

Nonsense....if he intended to kill he would have shot him at least twice....he just wanted to protect his life. after the black guy got shot he took off running....threat was then over.
Bullshit. You aim and shoot someone in the chest and you are attempting to kill them. One shot is all it takes.

Which is why cops often empty their magazines. One good shot, maybe. A bunch, for sure.

It’s because the state lost the Zimmerman case that they’re charging Drejka with manslaughter and not 2nd degree murder.

The difference between manslaughter and murder is the intention to kill. Drejka clearly intended to kill. But the state lost the Zimmerman case to a 2nd degree murder charge and didn’t want to overcharge Drejka.

Nonsense....if he intended to kill he would have shot him at least twice....he just wanted to protect his life. after the black guy got shot he took off running....threat was then over.
Bullshit. You aim and shoot someone in the chest and you are attempting to kill them. One shot is all it takes.

No, he was simply trying to stop the threat and he did as the perp ran off. When he saw him running away he did not shoot anymore.

Which is why cops often empty their magazines. One good shot, maybe. A bunch, for sure.

The guideline if you really want to kill someone is what is called a 'double tap'

Not if the person using lethal self-defense perceives the attack to be imminent and ongoing.

If your interpretation of Florida’s law is correct, anyone with a gun can fire based on a dirty look or someone following you
I felt threatened .....
Lol
OK

Hey do your own homework.

I felt threatened .....
Lol
OK

If they had chosen to convict Zimmerman of manslaughter, this guy would probably have gotten the message and known better not to confront people while armed. The other guy would still be alive.

The white guy was perfectly within his rights to tell the black woman they should not park in a handicap spot. Much of the blame for her boyfriend's death rests on his g/f if she had not gone ballistic the dude going into the store would not have told the black guy that something was going on on the parking lot....what he told him we do not know....but the came charging out of the store and committed assault without even bothering to find out what was going on....that was just plain stupid and he paid the price for it.

The guideline if you really want to kill someone is what is called a 'double tap'

The key is to be sure before you fire the first shot

I felt threatened .....
Lol
OK

No one has been sentenced and no one will be....these commentators on here that think that were the same ones who thought Z would get convicted. They just do not know the law. The only way either Z or this guy in clearwater could be convicted is if the jury chooses to ignore the law on self defense like Florida has done now twice...bowing to political pressure. Again....this case in Clearwater just like the Z affair is nothing more than a show trial to appease the media .

He knocked the shit out of that old man for no reason at all. He was only backing away because in a fight you back away to gain distance for a 2nd attack.

Just like the cop said, he believed he was going to come back at him. He already showed he would attack without provocation.

It was a good shoot. He should walk.

To the girlfriend, next time date someone who doesn't act like an animal and resort to violence first.

Last edited:
Three steps back is 12 feet?
how far was he away from the guy before he began stepping back?......

"Drejka lands on his back and McGlockton takes a step toward him."

What would you have done being that you were in a stand your ground State?
i would have got up and pushed him back....unless the guy was on top of him beating the shit out of him or had a weapon himself there was no reason to shoot the guy....the guy was a paranoid pussy....

Says the future dead guy.
yea we are all going to die one day.....so whats your point?...

I'm pushing for 100+, that's why I have a CCW in all 57 States and territories,

how far was he away from the guy before he began stepping back?......

"Drejka lands on his back and McGlockton takes a step toward him."

What would you have done being that you were in a stand your ground State?
i would have got up and pushed him back....unless the guy was on top of him beating the shit out of him or had a weapon himself there was no reason to shoot the guy....the guy was a paranoid pussy....

Says the future dead guy.
yea we are all going to die one day.....so whats your point?...

I'm pushing for 100+, that's why I have a CCW in all 57 States and territories,
guns cant prevent a fatal disease or a car accident....

Yep. Liberals say he backed away. He backed away MAYBE A FOOT. He had just knocked that old man to the ground and was still facing him. 3 seconds later he gets hot lead in his chest.

Stand your ground buddy.

I felt threatened .....
Lol
OK

No one has been sentenced and no one will be....these commentators on here that think that were the same ones who thought Z would get convicted. They just do not know the law. The only way either Z or this guy in clearwater could be convicted is if the jury chooses to ignore the law on self defense like Florida has done now twice...bowing to political pressure. Again....this case in Clearwater just like the Z affair is nothing more than a show trial to appease the media .
We shall see

The jurors will have to put themselves in the shooters position and ask if they would have opened fire

Yep. Liberals say he backed away. He backed away MAYBE A FOOT. He had just knocked that old man to the ground and was still facing him. 3 seconds later he gets hot lead in his chest.

Stand your ground buddy.

3 seconds is a long time
The victim is six feet away and backing away

Once the gun was drawn, he was no longer being threatened

Stand your ground buddy.

3 seconds is a long time
The victim is six feet away and backing away

Once the gun was drawn, he was no longer being threatened

Horse puckey....you think 6' is a far distance bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa some monkeys arms are dat long boyo hehheh Here is how the 3 secs. thingie woiks ...one second to draw the weapon, two sec to aim and fire. and the perp runs...threat ended. got dat?

Lol
OK

We shall see

The jurors will have to put themselves in the shooters position and ask if they would have opened fire

The defense legal team will have a field day with this one. The State of Florida will once again be embarassed....bringing charges against a obviously innocent man who was forced to defend himself with deadly force as was his legal right.

This has nothing to do with legal aspects....it has to do with politically correct aspects only.

Ya'll just don't get it do you?

If a BLACK man hits or shoves a WHITE man, for any reason, there is no offense....in every situation, the white guy DESERVES the abuse ,the black man is justified.
It's all part of reparations ya know.

Now, if a white man so much as calls a black man a ******, the white man may be shot dead on the spot. No trial needed. Justice served.

However, there is no situation in which a white guy can defend himself against a black guy. Totally PC and unacceptable. See above.

Forum List

Back