Convenient store stand-your-ground shooter charged

Lol
You know your views on so-called racism makes that word racist meaningless?
OK

Show me a stand your ground case with a black man standing his ground against a white man
Junk Bonds, not Junk Laws!

Any gang member can Stand His Ground on his own turf.

They do it all the time

Any confrontation in which someone is armed can meet the standard of stand your ground
this guy is lucky the girlfriend didn't have a gun, and stand her ground against an armed Man, threatening her.

It seems to be a case of might makes right
The guy with a gun feels threatened even though the other guy is unarmed

In this case, it is the third time this guy has drawn his gun in a conflict

the white guy has never been arrested for anything before...yet the black guy has a history of assault and battery. How many times have we heard about someone being beaten or kicked to death. There is a recent example of like yesterday of a buy being beaten to death. The unarmed b.s. was featured in the trayvon case .....made no difference. In a nutshell if you have two arms, two legs....you can beat someone to death.

The political pressure became too great.

The State clearly didn't learn from the Zimmerman debacle.
It’s because the state lost the Zimmerman case that they’re charging Drejka with manslaughter and not 2nd degree murder.

I think manslaughter is more appropriate
The difference between manslaughter and murder is the intention to kill. Drejka clearly intended to kill. But the state lost the Zimmerman case to a 2nd degree murder charge and didn’t want to overcharge Drejka.

No matter what they charge him with he will not be convicted. This is just a show trial by the state to convince the media that Florida is not racist.

Zimmerman was justified.

This other guy was not. Keep in mind that there is no one more pro-gun and self-defense than I am.

Investigators said this guy was justified.

Makes it hard in court. Bigley.

The video tape over rides what investigators said.

The self defense was the unarmed man defending the woman in the car.

Which the video tape more than justifies.

You don't get to pull your gun because you got punked.
And you don’t get to shove someone to the ground because they’re shouting at your girlfriend. That is not self defense.
Agree, that was an assault

However, once a gun was drawn the assault was over

Nonsense....once the black guy was shot...the threat was over.

Zimmerman was justified.

This other guy was not. Keep in mind that there is no one more pro-gun and self-defense than I am.

And you don’t get to shove someone to the ground because they’re shouting at your girlfriend. That is not self defense.

the g/f was the one shouting. She went ballistic on the white fellow when he told her they should not park in a handicap spot.

It’s because the state lost the Zimmerman case that they’re charging Drejka with manslaughter and not 2nd degree murder.

The difference between manslaughter and murder is the intention to kill. Drejka clearly intended to kill. But the state lost the Zimmerman case to a 2nd degree murder charge and didn’t want to overcharge Drejka.

Nonsense....if he intended to kill he would have shot him at least twice....he just wanted to protect his life. after the black guy got shot he took off running....threat was then over.

t
Zimmerman was justified.

The black guy did not even know what was going on....he was just reacting to what the guy who came into the store told him.....which there has been no report on.

Just like with Trevon Martin the less of these guys around the better off the country is...
End of story

Yes, especially when you understand that young black males which compose 2.5% of the total pop. comitt over half of all violent crime in America

Requires a suspension of belief

If your interpretation of Florida’s law is correct, anyone with a gun can fire based on a dirty look or someone following you
I felt threatened .....
Code for.....the guy was black
Lol
OK

Show me a stand your ground case with a black man standing his ground against a white man

They do it all the time

Any confrontation in which someone is armed can meet the standard of stand your ground
this guy is lucky the girlfriend didn't have a gun, and stand her ground against an armed Man, threatening her.

You are not onlyl a liar, you are a damned liar...no indication whatsoever the white guy was threatening the black g/f. Talking to people is not threatning.

Everyone has a differing opinion and that is fine. MY opinion is...the dude was yelling at the woman in the car....the boyfriend came out and heard him yelling at her, then pushed the guy very hard. He fell and then pulled his gun. Man sees gun and backs away. Man SHOOTS him anyway. Shot man MIGHT be an asshole, but so was Shooter Guy for yelling about a fucking parking space.
Shooter guy is an ass. And a pussy. Some schmuck push me and I fall down, I will be rising up as fast as I can and swinging at schmuck. If I have a gun on me, I will NOT use it unless I think the guy is determined to KILL me instead of just a pushing match. But thats me. And if I was on the jury, Shooter Pussy Man would go to jail for at least involuntary manslaughter because I don't think he INTENDED to kill someone when he was berating the chick in the parking space. Shit happened. But his finger pulled that trigger so off to jail he goes.

Your own mileages may vary.
Yes opinions vary... still the dude had no right to push the dude.
Now he’s taking a dirt nap... deservingly so

Exactly and the trial will prove that.

Not if the person using lethal self-defense perceives the attack to be imminent and ongoing.

If your interpretation of Florida’s law is correct, anyone with a gun can fire based on a dirty look or someone following you
I felt threatened .....
Lol
OK

They do it all the time

Nonsense.....in order to legally claim self defense you must be in reasonable fear of your life.

The stand your ground aspect of self defense simply means you are not required to retreat if you feel you can do so without further threat to your life.

It rests solely on when you change from being the attacked to being the attacker
Not if the person using lethal self-defense perceives the attack to be imminent and ongoing.

I felt threatened .....
Lol
OK

bullshite......why dont you look up the actual law before coming on here and embarassing yourself.

According to Florida law McGlockton commited a battery offense at the time he pushed Drejka.

- Battery Under Florida Law:

1. Any actual and intentional touching or striking of another person against that person’s will (non-consensual), or
2. The intentional causing of bodily harm to another person.

However, the question is does Drejka's reaction fall under "Stand Your Ground".

- A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) is a justification in a criminal case, whereby defendants can "stand their ground" and use force without retreating, in order to protect and defend themselves or others against threats or perceived threats. An example is where there is no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be, and that they may use any level of force if they reasonably believe the threat rises to the level of being an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm and/or death. In Dawkins v. State the court describes "[T]he 'stand your ground' law... provide that a person has a right to expect absolute safety in a place they have a right to be, and may use deadly force to repel an intruder... for a person to be justified in using deadly force, the person must not be 'engaged in unlawful activity".[1]

My personal opinion... Drejka should be in jail for what he did. Based on the video his life didn't appear to be in danger and it didn't look like McGlockton intended serious bodily harm. It depends on how well a lawyer can argue and convince a jury of Stand Your Ground. But I would also argue that Drejka created the situation by confronting McGlockton and his family over a parking spot.

Justice may get served in the case of man being shot defending his girlfriend that parked in handicap spot.

White man charged with fatally shooting black man in Florida | My Connection from Cox

Would justice get served? We don’t yet know. It’s entirely possible that the ONLY reason he’s being charged is because of public outrage. Much like the Zimmerman trial, it never should have happened.

The local police determined that there was no reason to charge him and one would have to believe the false notion that the cops let him go because of racism.

We have not heard the testimony, we have not heard the witnesses, all we have is a silent video. The same goes for the race baiters. They don’t know the whoke story. The local cops do and they said no charges.

That is no doubt their reasoning but in reality what the state is doing is to claim their self defense law is meaningless --at least when a white kills a black.
If that were true, Zimmerman would have been found guilty.

Zimmerman was justified.

the g/f was the one shouting. She went ballistic on the white fellow when he told her they should not park in a handicap spot.
Your evidence of that ... is ... ?

Nonsense....if he intended to kill he would have shot him at least twice....he just wanted to protect his life. after the black guy got shot he took off running....threat was then over.
Bullshit. You aim and shoot someone in the chest and you are attempting to kill them. One shot is all it takes.

And that’s the problem with this unwarranted indictment: it needlessly muddies the legal waters as to how Floridians might lawfully use deadly force in self-defense.

However much one might disagree with the Zimmerman verdict, it nonetheless set precedent in Florida self-defense case law this State attorney is failing to follow.
It rests solely on when you change from being the attacked to being the attacker

I felt threatened .....
Lol
OK

Marissa Alexander case - Wikipedia Black woman.

Everyone has a differing opinion and that is fine. MY opinion is...the dude was yelling at the woman in the car....the boyfriend came out and heard him yelling at her, then pushed the guy very hard. He fell and then pulled his gun. Man sees gun and backs away. Man SHOOTS him anyway. Shot man MIGHT be an asshole, but so was Shooter Guy for yelling about a fucking parking space.
Shooter guy is an ass. And a pussy. Some schmuck push me and I fall down, I will be rising up as fast as I can and swinging at schmuck. If I have a gun on me, I will NOT use it unless I think the guy is determined to KILL me instead of just a pushing match. But thats me. And if I was on the jury, Shooter Pussy Man would go to jail for at least involuntary manslaughter because I don't think he INTENDED to kill someone when he was berating the chick in the parking space. Shit happened. But his finger pulled that trigger so off to jail he goes.

Your own mileages may vary.
Yes opinions vary... still the dude had no right to push the dude.
Now he’s taking a dirt nap... deservingly so
Does he deserve a dirt nap for pushing a guy verbally assaulting his girlfriend?

Lol
OK

They do it all the time

You are not onlyl a liar, you are a damned liar...no indication whatsoever the white guy was threatening the black g/f. Talking to people is not threatning.
According to the girlfriend, he was not just “talking,” he was yelling and cursing.

Forum List

Back