Contemporary Liberalism Explained - Definitively

Another "smart" conservative tries to dissect liberal thought with the blunt instrument of conservative thought, and fails. If you want to understand liberalism do not turn to some conservative to whom altruism is an alien concept.

Altruism at the end of a lefty gun is not altruism...........altruism using other peoples money is not altruism........sadly, the left doesn't understand that simple point......
When charities are not enough what do you do? Just let people go hungry in the richest country in the world? I think you would but decent people do what is necessary.

No.....moron....when the government wastes money and uses welfare to buy votes we need to bring it back to the states to deal with not the federal government...why send money to D.C. when it could just be kept at the state level where it can be better monitored for waste, fraud and abuse......as one solution.....

and no....when the mob would create soup kitchens after killing and stealing the money...that is not altruism.....dittos the government.....the politicians do it to buy votes....keeping most of the money for themselves and their friends...moron...
Most states already handle the distribution of social programs and the federal government just funds them through block grants. If fraud and abuse is all you care about then why the many calls to just slash programs across the board? If the buying votes theory was correct how many votes do you think the republicans can buy by pulling the rug from beneath the mythical "idle poor"?

Because 25% of all welfare spending is fraud, waste or abuse.....not helping anyone but corrupt politicians and crooks....and sending the money to the federal government...where they "wet their beak" and then send some of that money back to the states.....is stupid....and wasteful....and empowers corrupt politicians who are too remote from actual voters in the state....if we are going to help the actual needy with tax money taken from other people at the end of a gun, it should just stay in the state...and not get passed through the greedy hands of the federal government..

That is the point......it isn't mythical...there are crooks at all levels of the process and that actually hurts the people we want to help when we forcibly take money from some Americans to give it to other Americans......

Liberalism is driven by emotion, just like conservatism. I prefer the positive higher emotions to the negative primal ones that rule conservative thought. You actually think conservatism operates rationally?
You actually think? I call bull.

No....the left/liberals/progressives/democrats are ruled by emotion.....all of their arguments are based on that....conservatives/libertarians/Tea Party are the actual thinkers...they think beyond the "this is nice, let's just do it" and they think to the next step.....to the truth of the situation, the reality of the situation.....

democrats don't care about the future...conservatives do.....that is why democrats can rule by emotion, while conservatives have to govern for those who come after us....

Liberalism is driven by emotion, just like conservatism. I prefer the positive higher emotions to the negative primal ones that rule conservative thought. You actually think conservatism operates rationally?
More than you apparently. This guy in the OP can just throw a bunch of bullshit out there and you just buy it. You want to know about liberals? How about asking some and then actually listening to their answers?

More than you apparently. This guy in the OP can just throw a bunch of bullshit out there and you just buy it. You want to know about liberals? How about asking some and then actually listening to their answers?

Yeah...been watching you guys for over 28 years.....know everything I need to know......and he is right on the money...

Another "smart" conservative tries to dissect liberal thought with the blunt instrument of conservative thought, and fails. If you want to understand liberalism do not turn to some conservative to whom altruism is an alien concept.

Altruism at the end of a lefty gun is not altruism...........altruism using other peoples money is not altruism........sadly, the left doesn't understand that simple point......
When charities are not enough what do you do? Just let people go hungry in the richest country in the world? I think you would but decent people do what is necessary.

No.....moron....when the government wastes money and uses welfare to buy votes we need to bring it back to the states to deal with not the federal government...why send money to D.C. when it could just be kept at the state level where it can be better monitored for waste, fraud and abuse......as one solution.....

and no....when the mob would create soup kitchens after killing and stealing the money...that is not altruism.....dittos the government.....the politicians do it to buy votes....keeping most of the money for themselves and their friends...moron...
Most states already handle the distribution of social programs and the federal government just funds them through block grants. If fraud and abuse is all you care about then why the many calls to just slash programs across the board? If the buying votes theory was correct how many votes do you think the republicans can buy by pulling the rug from beneath the mythical "idle poor"?

Because 25% of all welfare spending is fraud, waste or abuse.....not helping anyone but corrupt politicians and crooks....and sending the money to the federal government...where they "wet their beak" and then send some of that money back to the states.....is stupid....and wasteful....and empowers corrupt politicians who are too remote from actual voters in the state....if we are going to help the actual needy with tax money taken from other people at the end of a gun, it should just stay in the state...and not get passed through the greedy hands of the federal government..

That is the point......it isn't mythical...there are crooks at all levels of the process and that actually hurts the people we want to help when we forcibly take money from some Americans to give it to other Americans......
You do realize that the red states get back every penny they send to Washington and then some? The deep red states of the south are extraordinary mooches on the rest of the country while they really do not do jack shit to raise their own standard of living. Your argument is invalid.

Yeah...been watching you guys for over 28 years.....know everything I need to know......and he is right on the money...
All he did was confirm your prejudices, otherwise known as blowing smoke up your ass, a favorite activity of conservative leaders.

All he did was confirm your prejudices, otherwise known as blowing smoke up your ass, a favorite activity of conservative leaders.
That's called a deflection, not an answer. Unfortunately, your head is stuffed too far up your ass to realize it.

Says the guy who will vote for the clinton crime machine.......

It wasn't bullshit, it obviously hurt your feelings. That can only happen when truth occurs.

You do realize that the red states get back every penny they send to Washington and then some? The deep red states of the south are extraordinary mooches on the rest of the country while they really do not do jack shit to raise their own standard of living. Your argument is invalid.
Yeah, right.
Map-Table-6-large.jpg

In other words, you'll simply bury your head back up your ass since it hits too close to home to deal with. Everything I read was spot on. Liberalism is driven by emotion, you can't articulate a reasoned response.
In fact, conservatism is much more rational and practical than liberalism, though what this guy was talking about is not liberalism in its truest form but more to a progressive mindset.

Conservatism is also much more compassionate than the left's obsolete and failed policy of 'comfortable poverty".

And here we go....yes...the government really cares about the poor, the sick and the downtrodden...after we extract money from hard working Americans at gun point....and call them greedy pigs as we do it......we then hand that money over to greedy, corrupt asshole politicians and government bureaucrats who use that money for themselves and their own power while claiming to be saints and angels standing against those greedy taxpayers....

VA may have improperly spent up to 5 billion PJ Media

WASHINGTON – A federal whistleblower has revealed that the Veterans Health Administration may have improperly spent up to $5 billion in improper and unauthorized procurement expenditures over each of the last five years and lawmakers are demanding an explanation.

An internal Department of Veterans Affairs memo determined that the agency violated federal contracting rules to pay for medical care and supplies. The communique, addressed to VA Secretary Robert McDonald and written by Deputy Assistant Secretary Jan Frye, asserts that the VA “has and continues to waste millions of dollars by paying excessive prices for goods and services due to breaches in federal law.”

The memo maintained, for instance, that VA officials failed to stop the Veterans Health Administration from using purchase cards – generally utilized to make minor purchases of less than $3,000 — on the acquisition of more than $1 billion in prosthetics and other medical supplies outside the competitive bidding process. At least some of the buys, Frye said, were made by unauthorized personnel.

Frye claimed the agency is responsible for “gross mismanagement.”

Yes....money well spent helping the needy.........right?

And this is one small government agency.....

So...the lefty solution to all problems in society.....give more money to the same politicians who screwed up with the money we already gave them to fix the problem they created in the first place...

How exactly does that work for you lefties anyway....?

In other words, you'll simply bury your head back up your ass since it hits too close to home to deal with. Everything I read was spot on. Liberalism is driven by emotion, you can't articulate a reasoned response.
In fact, conservatism is much more rational and practical than liberalism, though what this guy was talking about is not liberalism in its truest form but more to a progressive mindset.

Conservatism is also much more compassionate than the left's obsolete and failed policy of 'comfortable poverty".
The actions of conservative law makers says otherwise. I sense no compassion for the working class in them at all while they preoccupy themselves with the tax burden on the wealthy. Conservatism abhors the masses, reflexively resists collective action and has a dim view of democracy itself, how can you say that it is inherently more compassionate in it's cold social Darwinist views?

The actions of conservative law makers says otherwise. I sense no compassion for the working class in them at all while they preoccupy themselves with the tax burden on the wealthy. Conservatism abhors the masses, reflexively resists collective action and has a dim view of democracy itself, how can you say that it is inherently more compassionate in it's cold social Darwinist views?
Your assignment of intent and belief to make yourself feel better about your poor choices in personal philosophy does not lend credence to those people who are rational.

Making people comfortable in poverty is nothing short of sadistic and cruel. Compassion is measured by what is done to alleviate suffering, not how high your rhetoric can soar. Democrats who profess to care about people show the kinds of compassion that liberalism espouses when they go to their home districts and their cities could be mistaken as a war torn Eastern European city straight from WWII. Where the poverty in their districts hover at 20 to 30 percent or more - decade after decade.

Programs that do nothing but show democrat "compassion" are failures and the only reason they are even enacted is for the votes they bring.

Conservative programs work with the poor (or they would if they were not blocked at every road, and demonized by low information, substandard humans in the democrat party) to help them achieve a measure of self respect, and give them a real imperative to move from government poverty to the dignity of earning your own way. However, it takes work, and it takes a firm hand against the outcry and resistance that is the nature of a person who has been indoctrinated into believing that "Because we are a rich nation, you don't have to strive or struggle any longer"....

Spare us your compassion. This country can ill afford it much longer.

No...conservatives believe that we are individuals and that we should live life following our own choices and compassion is helping those in real need, not giving money to politicians who use it for their own power. We care about people, that is why we want to actually fix education so people can lead their own lives and not be serfs to government and it's priesthood, the politicians and bureaucrats....

Collective action....you mean where politicians take money from taxpayers to give to their democrat controlled government unions who then give it back to the politicians to get them elected who then vote for bigger and bigger benefits that are bankrupting state after state....that collective action....the democrat controlled unions and democrat politicians who team up to raise taxes on the taxpayer to fund their own power......that collective action...

And we are the ones who support democracy...you are the party of social darwinism...not us.........

Forum List

Back