Consider The Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haganah was fouded out of ncecessity as the British were not able to stop or even contol Palestinian riots & the flow of weapons to Palestinian terrorists.

In fact the British were remakably efficient at controlling the flow of weapons to the Palestinians; one reason the Zionists were so successful in expelling them.

Palestinian state is a 'fantasy', says son of Hamas founder

All Media
Haganah was fouded out of ncecessity as the British were not able to stop or even contol Palestinian riots & the flow of weapons to Palestinian terrorists.

In fact the British were remakably efficient at controlling the flow of weapons to the Palestinians; one reason the Zionists were so successful in expelling them.

All Media

Thank you for staying with a documented fact rather than Pali supporter types of just biased claim statements.

The Wikipedia entry was also a documented fact. No more a biased claim statement than anything else presented.

It does matter is the documentation is a bias or hate site/book/document or a scholar, expert, or news article and if there is follow up to that news story.
Wiki is good for quick, simple starting point if you know little or nothing about a topic, but it should not be then end all authority. Wiki is an easy reference but it is constantly being updated and corrected. It is not intended as a propaganda site and in most cases is not.

We can for the most part accept wiki articles, but if we know there are error and can provide other proof, we should do so. We are not quoting wiki for a theses. There is not good reason for rejecting everything just because it is from wiki either.

I do take facts with a grain of salt if there is not footnote or reference or there is a note about waiting authentication.

I like to take the references as starting point for research since I am not sitting in the middle of a major library.

Even news reporters and researchers get things wrong from time to time. We should try if possible to get several sites or articles to use along with wiki if necessary. I would hope most of us would know the hate sites by now and avoid them altogether.

When on site or articles references their source as a hate site "beware". Some sites with a strong bias do get their stories from legitimate sources but put their own opinions with the story, does not mean they are wrong.

MEMRI might seem bias if you only see a few articles from them, but they are just a translations service for the news, TV and events. Originals are there to prove the translations are correct and not fabricated by MEMRI.

If a source is wrong or outdated, I'm sure someone will notice and bring it to our attention.

I have noticed some poster confuse opinions, speculations and supposition with facts. I'm sure in most cases those will be pointed out as well by others.

We are not writing a college paper, just participating in a forum and sharing opinions. I would hope most opinions are based on fact or experience and not just pure passion or hate.

I would also hope most poster are here for their enjoyment and education, not to incite a mob reaction to events and issues.

JMHO

What I like about wiki is - everyone can contribute, on all sides of an issue. It also requires sourcing so you can run down sources and evaluate them independently of Wiki - if there are insufficient sources, citations or if there is strong bias it is noted. I can't think of any other site that provides as good an unbiased starting points.

I totally agree with you on confusing opinions, speculations and supposition with facts. I also think a lot of "hate sites" do exactly that, they may have a kernal of truth but they fill it in with opinions, inflammatory language and sometimes outright dishonesty (such as posting pictures from some other event and implying they are relevant to the article). I find certain language brings out "red flags" and makes me skeptical of the article's agenda - language that makes shoddy Nazi comparisons, uses words like evil, implies all of a group are rapists, murderers, racists etc....inflammatory language usually means the article has little basis in facts, in my opinion. That's how I view it.

All Media

All Media

Thank you for staying with a documented fact rather than Pali supporter types of just biased claim statements.

The Wikipedia entry was also a documented fact. No more a biased claim statement than anything else presented.

It does matter is the documentation is a bias or hate site/book/document or a scholar, expert, or news article and if there is follow up to that news story.
Wiki is good for quick, simple starting point if you know little or nothing about a topic, but it should not be then end all authority. Wiki is an easy reference but it is constantly being updated and corrected. It is not intended as a propaganda site and in most cases is not.

We can for the most part accept wiki articles, but if we know there are error and can provide other proof, we should do so. We are not quoting wiki for a theses. There is not good reason for rejecting everything just because it is from wiki either.

I do take facts with a grain of salt if there is not footnote or reference or there is a note about waiting authentication.

I like to take the references as starting point for research since I am not sitting in the middle of a major library.

Even news reporters and researchers get things wrong from time to time. We should try if possible to get several sites or articles to use along with wiki if necessary. I would hope most of us would know the hate sites by now and avoid them altogether.

When on site or articles references their source as a hate site "beware". Some sites with a strong bias do get their stories from legitimate sources but put their own opinions with the story, does not mean they are wrong.

MEMRI might seem bias if you only see a few articles from them, but they are just a translations service for the news, TV and events. Originals are there to prove the translations are correct and not fabricated by MEMRI.

If a source is wrong or outdated, I'm sure someone will notice and bring it to our attention.

I have noticed some poster confuse opinions, speculations and supposition with facts. I'm sure in most cases those will be pointed out as well by others.

We are not writing a college paper, just participating in a forum and sharing opinions. I would hope most opinions are based on fact or experience and not just pure passion or hate.

I would also hope most poster are here for their enjoyment and education, not to incite a mob reaction to events and issues.

JMHO

What I like about wiki is - everyone can contribute, on all sides of an issue. It also requires sourcing so you can run down sources and evaluate them independently of Wiki - if there are insufficient sources, citations or if there is strong bias it is noted. I can't think of any other site that provides as good an unbiased starting points.

I totally agree with you on confusing opinions, speculations and supposition with facts. I also think a lot of "hate sites" do exactly that, they may have a kernal of truth but they fill it in with opinions, inflammatory language and sometimes outright dishonesty (such as posting pictures from some other event and implying they are relevant to the article). I find certain language brings out "red flags" and makes me skeptical of the article's agenda - language that makes shoddy Nazi comparisons, uses words like evil, implies all of a group are rapists, murderers, racists etc....inflammatory language usually means the article has little basis in facts, in my opinion. That's how I view it.

But you can take those names, places, event, dates and details and do you own search for more factual information and supporting evidence.

Though rare, some sites bring my attention to items I have not heard and cause me to do my own searches. They might use sources in another language or from sources I don't usually read or might have missed. If I know they are bias, I take that into consideration. Sometimes I just want to know what nonsense rhetoric and lies are being spouted (forewarned is forearmed).

Causes of the 1948 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the 1980s Israel and United Kingdom opened up part of their archives for investigation by historians. This favored a more critical and factual analysis of the 1948 events. As a result more detailed and comprehensive description of the Palestinian exodus was published, notably Morris' The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem.[5] Morris distinguishes four waves of refugees, the second, third and fourth of them coinciding with Israeli military offensives, when Arab Palestinians fled the fighting, were frightened away, or were expelled.

A document produced by the Israeli Defence Forces Intelligence Service entitled "The Emigration of the Arabs of Palestine in the Period 1/12/1947 – 1/6/1948" was dated 30 June 1948 and became widely known around 1985.

The document details 11 factors which caused the exodus, and lists them "in order of importance":

1. Direct, hostile Jewish [ Haganah/IDF ] operations against Arab settlements.
  2. The effect of our [Haganah/IDF] hostile operations against nearby [Arab] settlements... (... especially the fall of large neighbouring centers).
  3. Operation of [Jewish] dissidents [ Irgun Tzvai Leumi and Lohamei Herut Yisrael]
  4. Orders and decrees by Arab institutions and gangs [irregulars].
  5. Jewish whispering operations [psychological warfare], aimed at frightening away Arab inhabitants.
  6. Ultimate expulsion orders [by Jewish forces]
  7. Fear of Jewish [retaliatory] response [following] major Arab attack on Jews.
  8. The appearance of gangs [irregular Arab forces] and non-local fighters in the vicinity of a village.
  9. Fear of Arab invasion and its consequences [mainly near the borders].
  10. Isolated Arab villages in purely [predominantly] Jewish areas.
  11. Various local factors and general fear of the future.[6]

Ridiculous. Show us some documentation to back up your silly statement.

Here's one example, an effective war diary of the 6th Airbourne Division With 6th Airborne Division in Palestine 1945-48: Amazon.co.uk: Dare Wilson: 9781844157716: Books
the book catalogues the division's operations against Zionist terrorists who were by and large, the major problem. The Palestinian muslims had been crushed prior to WW2 and were reduced to a few village militias armed at best with antiquated wapons, even so the Division managed to confiscate 8 mortars, 3 MMGs, 8LMGs, 42 SMGs, 97 rifles, 29 pistols, 2 mines, 211 grenades, and 13,130 rounds of ammunition. Agreed this is a paltry amount, compared with what the Division confiscated from Zionist terrorists, see apendix M on page 250 for a full account.

In the 1980s Israel and United Kingdom opened up part of their archives for investigation by historians. This favored a more critical and factual analysis of the 1948 events. As a result more detailed and comprehensive description of the Palestinian exodus was published, notably Morris' The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem.[5] Morris distinguishes four waves of refugees, the second, third and fourth of them coinciding with Israeli military offensives, when Arab Palestinians fled the fighting, were frightened away, or were expelled.

A document produced by the Israeli Defence Forces Intelligence Service entitled "The Emigration of the Arabs of Palestine in the Period 1/12/1947 – 1/6/1948" was dated 30 June 1948 and became widely known around 1985.

The document details 11 factors which caused the exodus, and lists them "in order of importance":

2. The effect of our [Haganah/IDF] hostile operations against nearby [Arab] settlements... (... especially the fall of large neighbouring centers).
  3. Operation of [Jewish] dissidents [ Irgun Tzvai Leumi and Lohamei Herut Yisrael]
  5. Jewish whispering operations [psychological warfare], aimed at frightening away Arab inhabitants.
  8. The appearance of gangs [irregular Arab forces] and non-local fighters in the vicinity of a village.

All Media

How is this in any way relevant to my post?

All Media

#1 on your list was Haganah. So I told you why it was formed. Good luck with your reading disorder.

Here's one example, an effective war diary of the 6th Airbourne Division With 6th Airborne Division in Palestine 1945-48: Amazon.co.uk: Dare Wilson: 9781844157716: Books
the book catalogues the division's operations against Zionist terrorists who were by and large, the major problem. The Palestinian muslims had been crushed prior to WW2 and were reduced to a few village militias armed at best with antiquated wapons, even so the Division managed to confiscate 8 mortars, 3 MMGs, 8LMGs, 42 SMGs, 97 rifles, 29 pistols, 2 mines, 211 grenades, and 13,130 rounds of ammunition. Agreed this is a paltry amount, compared with what the Division confiscated from Zionist terrorists, see apendix M on page 250 for a full account.

The Arab Muslims were crushed prior to WWII ? Care to elaborate on that little fantasy ?

If your referring to the Arab Revolt then you might want to actually do a little reading. It was the Arabs who out of racism and bigotry, began a series of terrorist acts which ended with what a thousand hanged, a few thousand shot dead and maybe 20,000 wounded.

Once again they brought it on themselves yet now you want to act as if the 90+% remaining were somehow peace loving upstanding citizens who'd never consider harming a Judaic person ? I"m not buying it.

The Arab Muslims were crushed prior to WWII ? Care to elaborate on that little fantasy ?

If your referring to the Arab Revolt then you might want to actually do a little reading. It was the Arabs who out of racism and bigotry, began a series of terrorist acts which ended with what a thousand hanged, a few thousand shot dead and maybe 20,000 wounded.

Once again they brought it on themselves yet now you want to act as if the 90+% remaining were somehow peace loving upstanding citizens who'd never consider harming a Judaic person ? I"m not buying it.

They make no mention of all the Palestinian lives saved in Israeli hospitals. Why is that?

They make no mention of all the Palestinian lives saved in Israeli hospitals. Why is that?

Because this isn't about reality, its about justifying the racism and hatred of the Arab Muslims for the Judaic people

Because this isn't about reality, its about justifying the racism and hatred of the Arab Muslims for the Judaic people

YES indeed. History has proven that reality & Palestinian mentality don't mix.

All Media

#1 on your list was Haganah. So I told you why it was formed. Good luck with your reading disorder.

That was Coyote, not me. I was referring to Aris2chat's weird post. Good luck with your reading disorder, I read fine thanks.

Because it's the Zionists that injured them in the first place, it's the very least they can do. Problem is, the IOF keeps stopping Palestinians from reaching their own hospitals, that's the scandal.

bullshit-meter-011.gif~c200

The rebellion was against British policies and continuing Zionist immigration, it started out as a general strike but at the end most of the effective Muslim Palestinian leadership was either dead, in prison, or in exile. What weapons and ammunition the native Palestinians had accumulated were lost, as was approximately 10% of it's population of fighting men. The British armed and trained Zionist militias in terrorist tactics (see Orde Wingate's "Special night Squads), a policy that backfired on them later, it has to be said.

Because it's the Zionists that injured them in the first place, it's the very least they can do. Problem is, the IOF keeps stopping Palestinians from reaching their own hospitals, that's the scandal.

LOL! Oh now I get it. Given a choice, Palestinians in serious condition would prefer be treated in a Palestinian run hostpital, right?

maybe, just maybe if the arab muslims had not started the violence in the first place then they would not have been injured in the return fire. Far too many records of attacks on the unarmed placid Jews for you or anyone else to say the blame lies with the Jews, there are documented cases of palestinians demanding the Jizya tax only to be told that it will no longer be paid as the Jews have their own defenders now. This would lead to vicious attacks on the Jews and the fledgling IDF rushing to their aid, and dealing with the Palestinian attackers.

OW

The rebellion was against British policies and continuing Zionist immigration, it started out as a general strike but at the end most of the effective Muslim Palestinian leadership was either dead, in prison, or in exile. What weapons and ammunition the native Palestinians had accumulated were lost, as was approximately 10% of it's population of fighting men. The British armed and trained Zionist militias in terrorist tactics (see Orde Wingate's "Special night Squads), a policy that backfired on them later, it has to be said.

Only half the story again rat boy, want to fill in the holes before I do and show how devious you are. How the arab's constantly refused to have anything to do with the mandate so they resorted to violence to settle the dispute. How they used common objects as lethal weapons, and attacked from cover. The Palestinians instigated the violence from the word go and you cant alter the facts no matter how much you LIE.

OW

Only half the story again rat boy, want to fill in the holes before I do and show how devious you are. How the arab's constantly refused to have anything to do with the mandate so they resorted to violence to settle the dispute. How they used common objects as lethal weapons, and attacked from cover. The Palestinians instigated the violence from the word go and you cant alter the facts no matter how much you LIE.
Indeed, the Palestinians rejected everything about the British/Zionist colonial project.

You must be having those reading problems again. The title has the term "facts" in it, which seems to be something you missed.

The Arab Muslims have been caught time and time again transporting arms and fighters hiding in ambulances. A flagrant violation of international law.

And you wonder why the IDF might stop an ambulance LOL

Now there's a simple fact you might want to deal with before posting again

The title has the term "facts" in it, which seems to be something you missed.

Really.
    • December
      • Dawlat 'Abd al-Fatah 'Abdallah Mahana
        53 years old, resident of Jabalya R.C, North Gaza District, died on 01 Dec 2008 in Jabalya, North Gaza District, following a delay in receiving medical care. Did not participate in hostilities when killed Additional information: She had cancer of the bowel and liver. Israel prevented her from reaching Ramallah via the Erez crossing to receive medical care.
    • November
      • Na'el 'Abd a-Rahman Khamis al-Kurdi
        21 years old, resident of Gaza city, injured on 17 Nov 2008 in Gaza city, following a delay in receiving medical care, and died on 17 Nov 2007. Did not participate in hostilities when killed Additional information: a cancer patient, Israel refused to let him leave the Gaza Strip to obtain medical treatment.

• Amin Muhammad Khalil Fayad
        28 years old, resident of Gaza city, died on 07 Nov 2008 in Beit Hanoun, North Gaza District, following a delay in receiving medical care. Did not participate in hostilities when killed Additional information: Cancer patient. Israel prevented his entry for medical care several times, until his situation deteriorated and he died in a Gaza hospital.
    • October
      • Khaled 'Abd a-Rahman Hussein Abu Shamaleh
        39 years old, resident of Khan Yunis, died on 17 Oct 2008 in Gaza city, following a delay in receiving medical care. Did not participate in hostilities when killed Additional information: He suffered a viral liver infection. Israel delayed his entry for medical care when the GSS pressured him to collaborate with Israel and he refused.
    • September
      • Menatallah 'Abd al-Halim Nayef Zo'rub
        1 year old, resident of Rafah, died on 21 Sep 2008 in Rafah, following a delay in receiving medical care. Did not participate in hostilities when killed Additional information: She died after Israel prevented her mother from accompanying her for treatment in Israel. Her father, who had received an entry permit, was unable to accompany her because he was also a cancer patient and his situation was critical. The father died on 29 May 2009.
    • July
      • Iyad Salman Salem al-Hamaydah
        36 years old, resident of Rafah, died on 09 Jul 2008 in Rafah, following a delay in receiving medical care. Did not participate in hostilities when killed Additional information: He had kidney disease, and Israel refused to allow him to receive medical care in East Jerusalem.
    • May
      • Muhammad Hamdan Hamidan Abu Hweishel
        68 years old, resident of Deir al-Balah, died on 11 May 2008 in Deir al-Balah, following a delay in receiving medical care. Did not participate in hostilities when killed Additional information: He had a malignant bladder disease. Israel refused his request to have further treatment in Israel for several months.

• Subhiya Sa'id 'Othman Rashwan
        62 years old, resident of Gaza city, died on 03 May 2008 in Khan Yunis, following a delay in receiving medical care. Additional information: She had a brain tumor. Israel delayed her entry for treatment in Jerusalem several times.
    • January
      • Ratebah Muhammad Ibrahim al-Khatib
        45 years old, resident of Gaza city, died on 22 Jan 2008 in Gaza city, following a delay in receiving medical care. Did not participate in hostilities when killed Additional information: She suffered from liver and bone cancer. She died after her requests to receive medical treatment in Israel were denied several times.

• Fatmeh 'Ali Da'ud a-Lidawi
        44 years old, resident of Gaza city, died on 21 Jan 2008 in Gaza city, following a delay in receiving medical care. Did not participate in hostilities when killed Additional information: She was ill with spleen and liver problems. Israeli officials delayed her entry into Israel for five days after her scheduled appointment. On the day she was allowed to enter, officials delayed her passage through Erez Crossing for a few hours, and she arrived in serious condition at Ichilov Hospital, where she died a week later.

• Shirin Isma'il 'Abdallah Abu Shawareb
        9 years old, resident of a-Nuseirat Camp, Deir al-Balah District, died on 15 Jan 2008 in Gaza city, following a delay in receiving medical care. Did not participate in hostilities when killed Additional information: She had spleen and liver disease. Israel delayed her entry for medical care five days beyond the date of her appointment. On the day her entry was permitted, she was again delayed for several hours at the Erez checkpoint, and arrived in serious condition at Ichilov Hospital, where she died a week later.

• Yihya Mustafa Salim al-Jamal
        54 years old, resident of Gaza city, died on 12 Jan 2008 in Gaza city, following a delay in receiving medical care. Additional information: He died after Israel twice refused him entry for medical care. He had obtained two hospital appointments, the first for 19 November 2007 and the second for 3 December 2007, but in neither case did he obtain an entry permit.
Palestinians who died following an infringement of the right to medical treatment in the Gaza Strip, before Operation "Cast Lead"

You must be having those reading problems again. The title has the term "facts" in it, which seems to be something you missed.

The Arab Muslims have been caught time and time again transporting arms and fighters hiding in ambulances. A flagrant violation of international law.

And you wonder why the IDF might stop an ambulance LOL

Now there's a simple fact you might want to deal with before posting again

Pallywood, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back