Conservatives want a food fight

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
Also from the Toledo Blade letters to the editor....wow there are actually intelligent people out there!

You attempt a bipartisan meal and, as usual, the conservatives make it an indigestible meal.

America sees that the GOP (grouchy old partisans) has made no attempt at compromise and every attempt to obstruct legislation aimed at stabilizing this economic chaos, sponsored by those whose mantra of free market de-regulations and Treasury fleecing tax cuts for the wealthy parked us on this teetering precipice.

America voted and elected an agent for change who promised to change the political tenor, but those conservatives remain tone deaf after the last two election spankings.

Mr. President, it’s time to abort playing nice with a party led by southern extremists who only respect power and disrespect any notion of diplomacy. The nation’s needs are too urgent to wait for thimble heads to evolve into rocket scientists.

Later, when this downward spiral has stabilized, you can invite conservatives back to the buffet and assess whether their table manners have improved, or if they wish to continue this food fight.

Russ Sydlowski
Union, Ohio

toledoblade.com --

Also from the Toledo Blade letters to the editor....wow there are actually intelligent people out there!

You attempt a bipartisan meal and, as usual, the conservatives make it an indigestible meal.

America sees that the GOP (grouchy old partisans) has made no attempt at compromise and every attempt to obstruct legislation aimed at stabilizing this economic chaos, sponsored by those whose mantra of free market de-regulations and Treasury fleecing tax cuts for the wealthy parked us on this teetering precipice.

America voted and elected an agent for change who promised to change the political tenor, but those conservatives remain tone deaf after the last two election spankings.

Mr. President, it’s time to abort playing nice with a party led by southern extremists who only respect power and disrespect any notion of diplomacy. The nation’s needs are too urgent to wait for thimble heads to evolve into rocket scientists.

Later, when this downward spiral has stabilized, you can invite conservatives back to the buffet and assess whether their table manners have improved, or if they wish to continue this food fight.

Russ Sydlowski
Union, Ohio

toledoblade.com --

Right, he should bathe in the blood of the non-believers ....... :cuckoo:

I fail to understand the Democrat's obsession with trying to get 'bi-partisanship.' They don't need it and when the adminstration's plans work as promised, they'll be able to claim the credit?

I fail to understand the Democrat's obsession with trying to get 'bi-partisanship.' They don't need it and when the adminstration's plans work as promised, they'll be able to claim the credit?

but when it fails, the Dimocrats don't want to take all the blame

We all know the flip side to that coin, he wants the repubs to share in the blame when it doesn't work. Which i'm sure was part of your point ..... :cool:

but when it fails, the Dimocrats don't want to take all the blame

:cool: Which sort of explains why there isn't much sense to bi-partisanship on issues that one doesn't agree with.

Just hold on one darn minute. Today is the single best day for bipartisanship! We stand shoulder to shoulder with our left-facing friends and celebrate, since this is the one time in history when they weren't at fault:
The Reichstag fire (German: Der Reichstagsbrand) was an arson attack on the Reichstag building in Berlin on 27 February 1933. The event is seen as pivotal in the establishment of Nazi Germany. ... The fire was used as evidence by the Nazis that the Communists were beginning a plot against the German government.
Reichstag fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A truly telling remark. It's only second to the one that says the only reason he want's bipartisanship is to be able to blame others if they fail.

Shades of dirty dick cheney and viewing the world through glasses fogged over by your own suspicious values.

I am at the point where I believe he needs to tell them to piss off and just move on.

When Boner, Can't er and Waddles tell their lemmings to resist whatever he proposes, then you see the current gop for what they are.

A truly telling remark. It's only second to the one that says the only reason he want's bipartisanship is to be able to blame others if they fail.

Shades of dirty dick cheney and viewing the world through glasses fogged over by your own suspicious values.

I am at the point where I believe he needs to tell them to piss off and just move on.

When Boner, Can't er and Waddles tell their lemmings to resist whatever he proposes, then you see the current gop for what they are.

On two separate threads I have questioned your contentions that left wing radio can and has done well in the past. Since you have, as they say, run away with your tail between your legs, can I assume that you admit that your posts were abject fabrications, and you will refrain from contending same again?

Forum List

Back