Conservatives lack sense of humor, study finds

There is plenty of good conservative comedians.
Red Skelton, Bob Hope, Jackie Mason, Joan Rivers, Phyllis Diller, Dennis Miller, Yakov Smirnov, Jay Leno, Dale Davidson, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Jeff Hobson, Larry Miller, Dave Thomas, Rich Little, Norm MacDonald, Larry the Cable Guy, Drew Carey.

I'll give you Joan Rivers, Jay Leno, Jeff Foxworthy, Norm MacDonald and Larry the Cable Guy. The rest of those comedians SUCK.

Red Skelton was extremely funny and he did not use profanity in order to get laughs.

Republicans don't like being laughed at by comedians.

Republicans don't like being laughed by news casters.

Republicans don't like being laughed at by people in other countries.

Bush-LowTaxes-JobCreation.jpg

f74160e246d7fe3fd34e099b41f35d15a4ece10086f4bf4248f02e58a970f402.jpg

But worst of all, they hate having their zany economic policies laughed at by their own leaders.

Red Skelton, Bob Hope, Jackie Mason, Joan Rivers, Phyllis Diller, Dennis Miller, Yakov Smirnov, Jay Leno, Dale Davidson, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Jeff Hobson, Larry Miller, Dave Thomas, Rich Little, Norm MacDonald, Larry the Cable Guy, Drew Carey.

I'll give you Joan Rivers, Jay Leno, Jeff Foxworthy, Norm MacDonald and Larry the Cable Guy. The rest of those comedians SUCK.
You don't like Dennis Miller? What's wrong with you?

Dude isn't funny.
Miller was funny when he had others writing his material on SNL

Then he became irrelevant and sold out to the conservatives. His comedy today is along the line of ......liberals are stooopid

I think we have seen many examples today (and every day!) on this very forum.

Do conservatives have a measurably lower sense of humor?

Conservatives lack sense of humor study finds Psychology Today

;)

This from the first paragraph of your article:

This, I think, is because it is difficult to come across as hilarious when you make fun of the poor, minorities and other obvious targets of conservative scorn.

Dude, that's the platform of Chris Rock, George Lopez and many 'liberal' comedians. I'm sure if I read further, I could find many more holes.
How can anyone claim that conservatives have no sense of humor? Every day, liberals come on this site and make fools of themselves, and we can't help but laugh at them.

I'm okay with the notion that liberals have a 'better sense of humor.' (Not saying that's true or not.) It's like anything; the more you work at it. But is that the be all? I don't think so. Also, it's important to note that liberals have largely infiltrated the entertainment industry and marginalized conservative point of views.

It's worth noting, liberals are often making fun of their own nonsense outcomes of their nonsense policies.

And alas, what is 'conservative comedy' and 'liberal comedy?' Are family values and small government especially meant to be comedic remedies? It's a skewed prospect in the first place, imo.

Last edited:

Red Skelton was extremely funny and he did not use profanity in order to get laughs.
I never thought he was that funny. Bob Hope on the other hand sometimes gave me a belly laugh.

;)

This, I think, is because it is difficult to come across as hilarious when you make fun of the poor, minorities and other obvious targets of conservative scorn.

Dude, that's the platform of Chris Rock, George Lopez and many 'liberal' comedians. I'm sure if I read further, I could find many more holes.
How can anyone claim that conservatives have no sense of humor? Every day, liberals come on this site and make fools of themselves, and we can't help but laugh at them.

I'm okay with the notion that liberals have a 'better sense of humor.' (Not saying that's true or not.) It's like anything; the more you work at it. But is that the be all? I don't think so. Also, it's important to note that liberals have largely infiltrated the entertainment industry and marginalized conservative point of views.

It's worth noting, liberals are often making fun of their own nonsense outcomes of their nonsense policies. That's important to note as well.

And alas, what is 'conservative comedy' and 'liberal comedy?' Are family values and small government especially meant to be comedic remedies? It's a skewed prospect in the first place, imo.
I don't think of it as "liberal comedy" or "liberal science".

I think of it as:

Comedy
Science
Music
Art

and so on.

Then there's the stuff conservative put out. It's not funny, it's not science, hate the sound and it's as ugly as hell.

;)

It's worth noting, liberals are often making fun of their own nonsense outcomes of their nonsense policies. That's important to note as well.

I think you tried to agree with the premise....but something held you back. What was it? Foolish pride?

You don't like Dennis Miller? What's wrong with you?

I think you are taking license by calling many of those people conservative. I'd need to be convinced that Norm and Joan are ( were ) conservative. I'd like to see some of their conservative humor.

Joan Rivers was not politically correct at all in her comedy and said many times she was a Republican.
She blasted President Barack Obama in a Politico interview in 2012 for wanting to raise taxes on the wealthy.
"I'm also being chastised because I work 18 hours a day and make a living," Rivers told Politico. "I feel that I'm part of the two percent and I’m really not interested in a woman who has 95 children and has 95 husbands. I think the Chinese have it right: You each have one child, two children and you take care of them."
Rivers complained in the interview that Obama's policies were harsh on hard-working Americans.
"I'm also being chastised because I work 18 hours a day and make a living," Rivers told Politico. "I feel that I'm part of the two percent and I’m really not interested in a woman who has 95 children and has 95 husbands. I think the Chinese have it right: You each have one child, two children and you take care of them."
Rivers complained in the interview that Obama's policies were harsh on hard-working America
Joan Rivers Was Very Conservative Politically Says Pat Boone

Might I suggest that all conservatives simply ignore this thread, and let libs have their little circle jerk? I'm sure we all have something better to do. I know I do.

Liberal comedians are politically correct? Is that what you are inferring?

I'd like to see how Joan stood on the issues important to conservatives. Gay marriage, abortion, Iraq, gun laws.

I'll take a look. I'm guessing she wasn't very conservative.

Last edited:
Might I suggest that all conservatives simply ignore this thread, and let libs have their little circle jerk? I'm sure we all have something better to do. I know I do.
And yet, there you are. Curious.

As a huge stand up comedy fan, I've found that comedians have a strange mix of liberal and conservative beliefs. They usually lean towards socially liberal. One of my favorite stand up comedians, Jim Norton, was recently attacked by feminist groups for calling Hillary Clinton psychotic on Comedy Central's "The Nightly Show". He was pressed to apologize for his "sexist" comments, but refused, only to double down on his remarks on Twitter. I love that shit. :D

Comedian Jim Norton Makes Female Panel Erupt in Gasps of Disagreement With Brutal Hillary Clinton Line TheBlaze.com

Jim Norton is a dick. He can be funny.....but it never gets him beyond the fact that he is a dick. Many nutters confuse comedy and snark. He's one of the few nutters who can craft a joke.
he was great on "Lucky Louie"....

I can't remember the episode, but he has a part on Louie CK's newest comedy sitcom on FX. I've only watched one season so far, but it's pretty funny. Louie CK is probably above Norton as far as my favorite comedians go. :)
he is usually on during the poker playing scenes with some other comics....

larry the cable guy over drew carey?.....are you a conservative?....

guy laughed at his own jokes before the audience did.....

I don't think of it as "liberal comedy" or "liberal science".

I think of it as:

Comedy
Science
Music
Art

and so on.

Then there's the stuff conservative put out. It's not funny, it's not science, hate the sound and it's as ugly as hell.

It's funny that you seem to be willing to glory in this alleged monopoly of accomplishments when you (and many like you) are quite boorish and mundane.

Forum List

Back