Conservatives lack sense of humor, study finds

I think we have seen many examples today (and every day!) on this very forum.

Do conservatives have a measurably lower sense of humor?

Conservatives lack sense of humor study finds Psychology Today

;)

This from the first paragraph of your article:

This, I think, is because it is difficult to come across as hilarious when you make fun of the poor, minorities and other obvious targets of conservative scorn.

Dude, that's the platform of Chris Rock, George Lopez and many 'liberal' comedians. I'm sure if I read further, I could find many more holes.
How can anyone claim that conservatives have no sense of humor? Every day, liberals come on this site and make fools of themselves, and we can't help but laugh at them.

I'm okay with the notion that liberals have a 'better sense of humor.' (Not saying that's true or not.) It's like anything; the more you work at it. But is that the be all? I don't think so. Also, it's important to note that liberals have largely infiltrated the entertainment industry and marginalized conservative point of views.

It's worth noting, liberals are often making fun of their own nonsense outcomes of their nonsense policies. That's important to note as well.

And alas, what is 'conservative comedy' and 'liberal comedy?' Are family values and small government especially meant to be comedic remedies? It's a skewed prospect in the first place, imo.
I don't think of it as "liberal comedy" or "liberal science".

I think of it as:

Comedy
Science
Music
Art

and so on.

Then there's the stuff conservative put out. It's not funny, it's not science, hate the sound and it's as ugly as hell.
most people in this forum think you are a crack up dean.....

There is plenty of good conservative comedians.
Red Skelton, Bob Hope, Jackie Mason, Joan Rivers, Phyllis Diller, Dennis Miller, Yakov Smirnov, Jay Leno, Dale Davidson, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Jeff Hobson, Larry Miller, Dave Thomas, Rich Little, Norm MacDonald, Larry the Cable Guy, Drew Carey.

I'll give you Joan Rivers, Jay Leno, Jeff Foxworthy, Norm MacDonald and Larry the Cable Guy. The rest of those comedians SUCK.

Red Skelton was extremely funny and he did not use profanity in order to get laughs.
guy laughed at his own jokes before the audience did.....

Sometimes but not always. It was the looks he gave that was so funny as well as his laughter.
The show that he did in Canada in 1982 was great.

I think we have seen many examples today (and every day!) on this very forum.

Do conservatives have a measurably lower sense of humor?

Conservatives lack sense of humor study finds Psychology Today

;)

This from the first paragraph of your article:

This, I think, is because it is difficult to come across as hilarious when you make fun of the poor, minorities and other obvious targets of conservative scorn.

Dude, that's the platform of Chris Rock, George Lopez and many 'liberal' comedians. I'm sure if I read further, I could find many more holes.
How can anyone claim that conservatives have no sense of humor? Every day, liberals come on this site and make fools of themselves, and we can't help but laugh at them.

I'm okay with the notion that liberals have a 'better sense of humor.' (Not saying that's true or not.) It's like anything; the more you work at it. But is that the be all? I don't think so. Also, it's important to note that liberals have largely infiltrated the entertainment industry and marginalized conservative point of views.

It's worth noting, liberals are often making fun of their own nonsense outcomes of their nonsense policies. That's important to note as well.

And alas, what is 'conservative comedy' and 'liberal comedy?' Are family values and small government especially meant to be comedic remedies? It's a skewed prospect in the first place, imo.
I don't think of it as "liberal comedy" or "liberal science".

I think of it as:

Comedy
Science
Music
Art

and so on.

Then there's the stuff conservative put out. It's not funny, it's not science, hate the sound and it's as ugly as hell.
most people in this forum think you are a crack up dean.....
Or else they think I'm, well, you know:

cracked.jpg

There is plenty of good conservative comedians.
Red Skelton, Bob Hope, Jackie Mason, Joan Rivers, Phyllis Diller, Dennis Miller, Yakov Smirnov, Jay Leno, Dale Davidson, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Jeff Hobson, Larry Miller, Dave Thomas, Rich Little, Norm MacDonald, Larry the Cable Guy, Drew Carey.

I'll give you Joan Rivers, Jay Leno, Jeff Foxworthy, Norm MacDonald and Larry the Cable Guy. The rest of those comedians SUCK.

Red Skelton was extremely funny and he did not use profanity in order to get laughs.
guy laughed at his own jokes before the audience did.....

Sometimes but not always. It was the looks he gave that was so funny as well as his laughter.
The show that he did in Canada in 1982 was great.

I think he was much better on his TV show than in the movies. As a kid, I watched him religiously. When they started playing his movies when he was younger, it turned me off to him. From genius to pedestrian.

I loved me some Clem Cadiddlehopper.

Forum List

Back