Conservatives, clean out your house

We have a small percentage of the population causing a very large problem.
And that group should be called out and Shamed............

That destroy property when they disagree..............who are so deranged that they throw drinks in the face of a kid for wearing a Maga hat..........that mentality..........

It should be called out......and pointed out..............and NOT RETREATED FROM.

Conservatism has become a joke. The term has been hijacked. In this forum there are perhaps a few real, legitimate conservatives. The rest are right wing or alt right racists. Conservatism is not about using the force of government to deny rights. Nor is conservatism about using the force of government to deny, expression, peaceful protest, religious liberty, free speech, freedom of the press, equal protection of all Americans, voter suppression or almost everything most conservatives here endorse.

Maybe it's time for conservatives to return to an emphasis on controlling excess government spending. Perhaps it's time to purge the conservative population of CINOS who want ethnic cleansing and a whites only nation.

Well I will agree with you about this: there are a lot of white supremacist racists on this forum, a surprising amount. If you just go by this forum you would think that all conservatives are hiding racist tendencies. But then, if I went by this site I might think a lot of black people really hate and resent whites too, and I know that's not true.

It's the Internet.

So that's for starters.

As for enders: I don't think it's conservatism that has so worry about becoming "a joke". We currently have the presidency, the Senate, and the Supreme Court. Democrats have the House but by a tenuous thread--there's a vicious fight as you must know. Not only that, but you have a weak group of contenders for president here in 2020. So I really don't think conservatism is the "joke" here.

Sue, you need to do a lot of study and research as it pertains to race relations. That's all I am going to say pertaining to your opinion on blacks. We are responding to things said to us that you consistently ignore.

As for what I have said about the current hijacking of the conservative ideology, I live in a conservative state. I do understand what an honest conservative is. But from Limbaugh on through to Trump, the current conservative leadership is, racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, jingoistic and elitist. What they stand for is not conservatism but a white male dominated Christian theocracy based on their view of the constitution.

Honest conservatives need to purge them from your midst.

Conservatism is a joke Sue. Look at how you got the supreme court. Not by legitimate means, but by the refusal of republicans to perform their constitutional duty. You have a president who lost the actual vote who is only there based on a technicality. You get told by right wing media the Democratic presidential field is weak like they would know. Your president has stayed under 50 percent approval his entire term. Conservatism if you want to equate that only to the republican party, is weak.

The problem with what you say is conservatism is a belief and it is not restricted to a political party.

That destroy property when they disagree..............who are so deranged that they throw drinks in the face of a kid for wearing a Maga hat..........that mentality..........

It should be called out......and pointed out..............and NOT RETREATED FROM.

Both sides have their extremists but I agree this violence needs to stop. When someone is attacked for wearing an article of clothing there is something wrong. Same goes for freedom of speech, if you don't like it don't attend or ignore it and walk away..the same goes for this nonsense of monuments and what not.

It's over the top stupid

Trump is not a conservative. he does not belong in any conversation about conservatism

conservatism is the absence of control. we're trying to CONSERVE perpetual change.

Both sides have their extremists but I agree this violence needs to stop. When someone is attacked for wearing an article of clothing there is something wrong. Same goes for freedom of speech, if you don't like it don't attend or ignore it and walk away..the same goes for this nonsense of monuments and what not.

It's over the top stupid
We change the channel............They loot or break the TV set............and behave like animals...........but say we are the ones who need to behave...........

Ignorance is bliss..................

Conservatism is a joke Sue. Look at how you got the supreme court. Not by legitimate means, but by the refusal of republicans to perform their constitutional duty. You have a president who lost the actual vote who is only there based on a technicality. You get told by right wing media the Democratic presidential field is weak like they would know. Your president has stayed under 50 percent approval his entire term. Conservatism if you want to equate that only to the republican party, is weak.
Under the Constitution the appointment must be agreed to by the Senate.........

Well the GOP Senate didn't agree with Obama putting another liberal activist judge in place.............Too bad........the Constitution works that way some time.

You lose.............Shed more tears.

government shapes the behavior of people. just like capitalism doesnt only make us better off, it makes us better.

do you get what i'm saying, my friends?

George Will voted for Goldwater in 1964, who lost in a landslide. 77 percent said they trusted government to do the right thing at the time. today that number is 17 percent. poor Pocahontas. all of her plans depend on government!

Everything is THEIR fault.

THOSE guys, over THERE.

MY side is beautiful and pristine, and needs no improvement.

No one has said that Mac, but when you have people who advocate for abusing children, disenfranchising legal voters, and ensuring that white people retain control, the gulf between the Trumpists and the rest of America is wider than the Mississippi River, in terms of doing what's right or wrong.

THOSE guys, over THERE.

No one has said that Mac, but when you have people who advocate for abusing children, disenfranchising legal voters, and ensuring that white people retain control, the gulf between the Trumpists and the rest of America is wider than the Mississippi River, in terms of doing what's right or wrong.
When the shit's coming out of both ends like water through a fire hose, debating over which "side" is "worse" is irrelevant.

Both ends need to look in the mirror and clean their OWN house. THEN they'll have the high ground.

THOSE guys, over THERE.

When the shit's coming out of both ends like water through a fire hose, debating over which "side" is "worse" is irrelevant.

Both ends need to look in the mirror and clean their OWN house. THEN they'll have the high ground.

No they don't. Trump is so morally bankrupt, and is now running concentration camps on the border for children.

You don't have to be a saint to take down the racist, misogynist and hateful iteration that currently calls itself the Republican Party. None of us are perfect. We all need to work at being better people but when you see such morally corrupt and dangerous behaviour, to do nothing is to be complicate.

THOSE guys, over THERE.

No they don't. Trump is so morally bankrupt, and is now running concentration camps on the border for children.

You don't have to be a saint to take down the racist, misogynist and hateful iteration that currently calls itself the Republican Party. None of us are perfect. We all need to work at being better people but when you see such morally corrupt and dangerous behaviour, to do nothing is to be complicate.
I know. It's up to the "other side".

I get that one from both ends. It's a cop-out.

THOSE guys, over THERE.

Just stop, parrot. If you want to see what a real concentration camp was tour Auschwitz or Buchenwald.

THOSE guys, over THERE.

Just stop, parrot. If you want to see what a real concentration camp was tour Auschwitz or Buchenwald.

You stop with you lies.

Yes they are. A concentation camp, by definition, is a place where you lock people up who are no danger to you whatsoever, just because you don't like them. You're locking up children in these camps who have family waiting for them in the USA, and who would care for these children at no cost to the taxpayers. Instead, Trump is gifting tax dollars - $700 a day for each child in detention, to the for-profit prison camps who donated to his "Inauguration Fund"

Conservatism has become a joke. The term has been hijacked. In this forum there are perhaps a few real, legitimate conservatives. The rest are right wing or alt right racists. Conservatism is not about using the force of government to deny rights. Nor is conservatism about using the force of government to deny, expression, peaceful protest, religious liberty, free speech, freedom of the press, equal protection of all Americans, voter suppression or almost everything most conservatives here endorse.

Maybe it's time for conservatives to return to an emphasis on controlling excess government spending. Perhaps it's time to purge the conservative population of CINOS who want ethnic cleansing and a whites only nation.
Links that prove any of your bullshit.

THOSE guys, over THERE.

You stop with you lies.

Yes they are. A concentation camp, by definition, is a place where you lock people up who are no danger to you whatsoever, just because you don't like them. You're locking up children in these camps who have family waiting for them in the USA, and who would care for these children at no cost to the taxpayers. Instead, Trump is gifting tax dollars - $700 a day for each child in detention, to the for-profit prison camps who donated to his "Inauguration Fund"
Were people allowed to go home from concentration camps? I hate ditzy people!

Ever heard of the "Jefferson Bible". Thomas Jefferson edited his own version of the bible to get rid of the crap parts that are used as an excuse to treat people like garbage.
digging through everything to piss on the grave of the founders ................hmmmmm

What motivates you to Dance on their graves lib.
You think I am lying?

How Thomas Jefferson Created His Own Bible | Arts & Culture | Smithsonian
I didn't call you a Liar...............I asked why you go out of your way to piss on the graves of the founding fathers.

What motivates you to do so.........and why do so many Liberals do the same........

That was my point and you know. it..........Do you hate the founding fathers..........Does your party hate them.............Because they trash talk them all the time...........kinda like they do to the Constitution while claiming they really care about it.
Jefferson did what I did for myself years ago. I realized that the message Jesus Christ brought was being obscured by a bunch of draconian Hebrew tribal law and superstition that has zero bearing on how we live in the modern era. I meant no disrespect to Jefferson whatsoever.

Your gospel--little g--is subtle and insidious but it is as deadly as a wolf in sheep's clothing. To yourself first, and to all who subscribe.

You said this: "I realized that the message Jesus Christ brought was being obscured by a bunch of draconian Hebrew tribal law and superstition...." etc.

If Jesus Christ was only about the MESSAGE He brought He could have come and delivered it, said, hey there you go, some bonny good teaching for you, dusted off his hands and gone back to His carpenter shop with his dad.

But He didn't.

He went all the way to the Cross. To die. And suffer for sins.

And then He rose again.

Why don't you be honest and say you don't believe in Jesus the CHRIST. You believe in Jesus the teacher ONLY--Jesus the human, but certainly not Jesus the God, Jesus who now sits at the Right Hand of God the Father. Which means you're not really a Christian.

Those of us who are, we are not fooled by your insidiously subtle message. Be warned: neither will God be. Your "good deeds" are as filthy rags. If you do not believe that Jesus THE CHRIST rose from the dead, it doesn't matter what you think of conservative Christians, whether you think you're better than them or not.

You will perish. We all will if our sins are not covered with the Blood of the Lamb.
So here I am saying "You will love your neighbor as yourself" and the religious zealots get angry. I guess some things never change. You seem to think the path to heaven is simply to believe in the resurrection while you go through life worshiping money and spitting on the unfortunate. If that's how it is then God is a monster unworthy of worship. I have been endowed with reason as have all humans. I can no more abandon reason than I can quit breathing. If it is reason itself that endangers my soul to hell then again God is a monster. i cannot bring myself to believe ludicrous superstition. I can and do believe in the inherent goodness of humanity and our ability to make the world a better place.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Another corrupt cabinet member resigns. About the only use conservatives serve is holding down spending or the democrats would spend us into total bankruptcy, but at least the democrats have policies and plans that help the average citizen. Republicans forget it's 'we the people', not 'them the corporations'. I can't think of one policy republicans have come out with that have helped the ordinary citizen and their administrations have been totally corrupt for decades vs the democrats who've had pretty clean administrations other than clinton getting a b.j. in the oval office.

Forum List

Back