Conservatives Attack Democrat While Announcing His Death

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
FOX News has mentioned "Former Rep. Dan Rostenkowski, the Chicago Democrat who became the leading architect of congressional tax policy in the Reagan era but later went to federal prison for corruption, died Wednesday, a family friend said." -http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/11/illinois-rep-rostenkowski-reportedly-dies/

but unlike the cry babies concern over mentioning Ted Stevens' troubles (http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/128225-ted-stevens-dead-in-plane-crash-in-alaska.html), the Chicago Democrat said he knew "that my obituary will say, 'Dan Rostenkowski, felon,' and it is something that I have to live with,"' he said in a 1998 broadcast interview with Robert Novak and Mark Shields.

now that's a man to admire.

he did disgrace himself and his profession, but he moved on.

Last edited:
You seem to have a fondness for corrupt politicians. :lol:

Oh wait, let me rephrase that...

You seem to have a fondness for corrupt democrats. :rofl:

You seem to have a fondness for corrupt politicians. :lol:

Oh wait, let me rephrase that...

You seem to have a fondness for corrupt democrats. :rofl:

I mention that they are corrupt. The wingnuts here backed the idiot notion that Stevens was somehow deserving in death, a news blackout on his ethical lapses,

Dan did lots of good things as did Stevens, but both left in disgrace.

Dan R., had the balls to admit guilt and all that would come with it today.

oh the irony

That sums it up well enough.
I didn't mean to imply you were incorrect. But then again neither was I. ;)

Repubs have no class........especially after the soft gloves used on Ted Stevens

I can't believe you actually want to open up that can of worms.

Anyway, I am not going to play that game. Enjoy your double standard all you want.:)

Repubs have no class........especially after the soft gloves used on Ted Stevens

oh give me a break...its really just repubs....

Rostenkowski pleaded guilty to corruption charges in April 1996, and ultimately served over a year in federal prison. He was pardoned by President Bill Clinton in 2000.

Hill titan Dan Rostenkowski dead at 82 - CNN.com

and the beloved lefty loony msnbc......

Article results for “Rostenkowski ”
View all article results

Dan Rostenkowski, congressman sent to prison, dies

Search Results- msnbc.com

some libs on this board are losing it, the desperation is palpable...

another dante thread fail

Explain to me how telling the truth about someone is an attack.

That's quite possibly the most ignorant thing I've ever seen posted by someone seemingly taking a discussion seriously. No offense.

Any good attack always contains truth. Always.

from dante's link....the "attack"

As House Ways and Means Committee chairman, Rostenkowski was known as a consensus builder and a master of legislative tactics. He is credited with leading a 1983 effort to rescue Social Security from insolvency and pushing through a sweeping 1986 overhaul of the nation's tax system.

good lord...i'm almost embarrassed for dante and rightwinger for their participation in the falsehood of this thread

Just throwing this out there.....

how respectful were people when Al Capone or John Gotti died?

I guess you weren't here for the Ted Stevens thread where some cons and a few progressives said it Stevens was a great public servant and that mentioning how he disgraced his very own service was irrelevant and an attack on Stevens.

The point is a man/woman who is a public servant and who serves well, but ends their career in disgrace does not get to clean the slate in death.

Rostenkowski admitted in life, that he would be remembered for all his actions in death.

It goes with the territory. Public life, public disgrace...

--

comparing Capone and Gotti with Stevens and Rostenkowski is ridiculous

I guess you weren't here for the Ted Stevens thread where some cons and a few progressives said it Stevens was a great public servant and that mentioning how he disgraced his very own service was irrelevant and an attack on Stevens.

The point is a man/woman who is a public servant and who serves well, but ends their career in disgrace does not get to clean the slate in death.

Rostenkowski admitted in life, that he would be remembered for all his actions in death.

politicians are generally about as moral as gangsters......

politicians are generally about as moral as gangsters......

wrong. and I doubt you would say that to many of them face to face.

most politicians I've known got into politics with admirable motives and have helped their fellow citizens in numerous ways.

sure power can corrupt, but the view you have of politics is exactly why I always feel the need to mention the disgraces some bring on the profession. Stevens was getting a free ride by too many who would most likely turn around and spout your line.

it is the public I think that is immoral.

I don't subscribe to the New York Times, but I'm pretty sure they didn't mention Watergate or "resigned in disgrace" in their obituary for Richard M Nixon. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
FOX News has mentioned "Former Rep. Dan Rostenkowski, the Chicago Democrat who became the leading architect of congressional tax policy in the Reagan era but later went to federal prison for corruption, died Wednesday, a family friend said."

Does the above mean that a family friend actually said:

Former Rep. Dan Rostenkowski, the Chicago Democrat who became the leading architect of congressional tax policy in the Reagan era but later went to federal prison for corruption, died Wednesday.

If so, that's a pretty weird statement. Seems a little run-on and verbose.

Forum List

Back