Conservative...? Family Values...?

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<blockquote>Conservative radio kingpin Rush Limbaugh, 53, who announced his separation from his third wife, Marta, in early June, is dating CNN anchor Daryn Kagan, 41, a spokesman for Limbaugh has confirmed to us. The two were spotted at a party Limbaugh co-hosted at a New York restaurant, where guests included Vice President Cheney, New York Gov. George Pataki and Sen. Bill Frist. The coupling came as a surprise to some friends who consider the Atlanta-based Kagan part of the liberal media axis and a feminist -- but, then again, opposites attract. Kagan, who has been with CNN for 10 years, hosts "CNN Live Today," which airs from 10 a.m. to noon, ending just in time to catch her sweetie's three-hour radio show.</blockquote>

For a conservative pundit, Rush seems to be living a pretty libertine...er...liberal lifestyle. What with the drugs and divorces...Why he could be one of them liberal Hollywood types. He's probably a closet liberal...Just aching to let his true self out.

Bullypulpit said:
<blockquote>Conservative radio kingpin Rush Limbaugh, 53, who announced his separation from his third wife, Marta, in early June, is dating CNN anchor Daryn Kagan, 41, a spokesman for Limbaugh has confirmed to us. The two were spotted at a party Limbaugh co-hosted at a New York restaurant, where guests included Vice President Cheney, New York Gov. George Pataki and Sen. Bill Frist. The coupling came as a surprise to some friends who consider the Atlanta-based Kagan part of the liberal media axis and a feminist -- but, then again, opposites attract. Kagan, who has been with CNN for 10 years, hosts "CNN Live Today," which airs from 10 a.m. to noon, ending just in time to catch her sweetie's three-hour radio show.</blockquote>

For a conservative pundit, Rush seems to be living a pretty libertine...er...liberal lifestyle. What with the drugs and divorces...Why he could be one of them liberal Hollywood types. He's probably a closet liberal...Just aching to let his true self out.

Some people shouldn't get married....probably Rush is one of them. Still, he speaks for a lot of the "silent majority". He's given a lot of people validation that their sense of values aren't strange and that many people share their views.

Do I approve of his personal life? No, definitely not. I feel sorry for his soon-to-be ex-wife and him. Probably the counseling he got in his drug rehab may have contributed to the breakup (he sometimes talks about expressing his feelings etc on his talk show...sometimes in marriage honesty isn't the best policy, diplomacy is. I don't have a very high opinion of most people in the counselling business), perhaps the drugs themselves.....

KarlMarx said:
Some people shouldn't get married....probably Rush is one of them. Still, he speaks for a lot of the "silent majority". He's given a lot of people validation that their sense of values aren't strange and that many people share their views.

Do I approve of his personal life? No, definitely not. I feel sorry for his soon-to-be ex-wife and him. Probably the counseling he got in his drug rehab may have contributed to the breakup (he sometimes talks about expressing his feelings etc on his talk show...sometimes in marriage honesty isn't the best policy, diplomacy is. I don't have a very high opinion of most people in the counselling business), perhaps the drugs themselves.....

Rush is capable of mistakes likes the rest of us. There is NO way to criticize his life choices without knowing all the details. Personally I feel him to be a great communicator with an ability to combine facts in a way that is unique and entertaining. His bragadocio (sp?) style turns some people off but he knows it humor. I laugh my ass off at some of his stuff. Couselors ? Some good ones--some bad ones. buyer beware!

Bullypulpit said:

I think Rush was married and divorced three times to the one-and-the-same Marta. They certainly gave it more than just one try. Who knows, maybe this is just another temporary split?

You speak as though Rush was on drugs for recreational purposes - if you knew his real story you would know that he sought painkiller drugs for severe back pain, not to mention the fact that he also went deaf.

The liberals like nothing better than to discredit a good man - a conservative man, that is.

This is kinda like how all the white liberal multiculturalists live in all-white neighborhoods and send their kids to all-white schools. But those "racist" whites are still terrible, terrible people!

ScreamingEagle said:
I think Rush was married and divorced three times to the one-and-the-same Marta. They certainly gave it more than just one try. Who knows, maybe this is just another temporary split?

You speak as though Rush was on drugs for recreational purposes - if you knew his real story you would know that he sought painkiller drugs for severe back pain, not to mention the fact that he also went deaf.

The liberals like nothing better than to discredit a good man - a conservative man, that is.

Exactly! A lot of goos people get hooked on painkillers as a result of surgery,backpain...whatever. I saw on Oprah one time that moms,homemakers are the biggest group of people that get addicted to painkillers because of stress . That doesn't make them bad people. It also doesn't mean they have no morals or values.

Then again,maybe it's not our business who Rush is dating. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Forum List

Back