Congressman Beto O'Rourke will not share $38 million he raised with other Democrat Senate candidates

`
`

"No," O'Rourke told a reporter who asked if he would share the funds with candidates in tighter races, according to the Washington Examiner.

"I'm focused on Texas. Most of our contributions have come from Texas. All of them have come from people. Not a dime from PACs," he said, according to the report.

O'Rourke added that he is honoring "the commitment that those who've contributed to this campaign have made to me."

"If they want to contribute to someone else, they should do so. If they want to contribute to a campaign that's going to win this historic victory for Texas and the country, then I'm grateful for the contribution and I'm going to make the most of it, so that's what we're focused on," he said.

A spokesman for O'Rourke's campaign confirmed to The Hill that O'Rourke doesn't plan to share the funds.

"This election has always been about Texas and delivering for each one of the 254 counties that we've visited over the last 18 months," the spokesman said. O'Rourke's comments come after The New York Times reported that O'Rourke's fundraising has caused tension in the Democratic Party, with some in the party feeling that O'Rourke should share the funds with candidates who are in better positions to win."
`

The DNC should take that up with him.

I'd bet they have rules about a war chest. Who gets what and how many get it.

Of course he could stick it all in his bank account. Wonder if that would be stealing??

Of course he could return it to the donors. Don't hold your breath for that though. EMS would be one busy group.

Forum List

Back