Congressional Reforms

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Every sane person agrees that Congress is broken. They have no incentive or interest in making America better for the People. Our educational, Healthcare, immigration and retirement systems are all flailing and failing, but our Congress heads to Ukraine.

Electing Libertarians and Fiscal Conservatives would help. But, maybe instead we should reform Congress to do no harm no matter who is in office.

First, no new spending when there is a deficit.

Second, term limits: 2 term Senate, 3 terms Congress.

Third, can only invest in US Treasures

Fourth, emollients clause applies to Congress

What else?

Need repeal, not turd polish "reforms', of crap that hasn't worked in over a century.

Repeal the Federal Reserve Act, and return constitutional money.

Repeal the 16th Amendment and abolish the IRS.

Repeal the 17th Amendment.

Abolish DHS, FBI, BATF, DEA.

Get out of NATO.

Get out of the UN and throw its "diplomats" out of our country.

Every sane person agrees that Congress is broken. They have no incentive or interest in making America better for the People. Our educational, Healthcare, immigration and retirement systems are all flailing and failing, but our Congress heads to Ukraine.

Electing Libertarians and Fiscal Conservatives would help. But, maybe instead we should reform Congress to do no harm no matter who is in office.

What else?
Congress can give themselves raises and get a full pension after one term in office or after two years - that needs to change.

I know someone that worked in the Senate and is now a Lobbyis it work
I know someone that worked in the Senate and is now a Lobbyist

It is after 5 years so one term is half right as far as Senators, but will take 2.5 terms for house members. That and they would have to leave their pension entact when they left office until they reach the minimum age to draw. The depends on how many years you worked for government.

It is after 5 years so one term is half right as far as Senators, but will take 2.5 terms for house members. That and they would have to leave their pension entact when they left office until they reach the minimum age to draw. The depends on how many years you worked for government.
Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!
I worked on the House side of the Hill. This was something that would come up from time to time in a hater-ade email or constituent letter or lord forbid, a telephone call. I got stuck with the hater TC's all the freaking time. It was my zen like ability to pretend I was listening to them rant while still doing my other work.

Sounds pretty far from, "full pension after 2 years".

Thanks for educating Rodimus, he sounded pretty clueless.

Sounds pretty far from, "full pension after 2 years".

Thanks for educating Rodimus, he sounded pretty clueless.

It is really a variation of the same as most federal employees. You only get full everything if you have done 25 years at any age, or 20 years at age 50. Beyond that you are at 59 years. I understand there are some jobs that carry 2-fer-one pension counts. Seems to me I heard somewhere federal judges get those but I cannot swear by the accuracy of that. Just something mentioned in passing to me one day that it was a tool they used to get experienced judges to make the jump out of their state jobs.

What else?

What else?? To be nice, only one of your bullet points made sense, the rest are Idiot-Grams.

Forum List

Back