Congressional ethics report leaked, reveals names

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
WASHINGTON – Internal investigations into the conduct of over two dozen House members have been exposed in an extraordinary, Internet-era breach of security involving the secretive process by which Congress polices lawmaker ethics.

Revelations of the mostly preliminary inquiries by the House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct — also known as the Ethics committee — and a panel that refers cases to it shook the chamber as lawmakers were immersed in a series of scheduled votes Thursday.

The panel announced that it was investigating two California Democrats — Reps. Maxine Waters and Laura Richardson — even as its embarrassed leaders took pains to explain that several other lawmakers also were identified in the leaked confidential committee memo but may have done nothing wrong.

The committee said it was investigating whether Waters used her influence to help a bank in which her husband owned stock, and whether the couple benefited as a result. Separately, the panel is looking into whether Richardson failed to disclose required information on her financial disclosure forms and received special treatment from a lender.

Congressional ethics report leaked, reveals names - Yahoo! News

Did you say that a member of Congress is being...

xotoxi-albums-pictures-2-picture831-dramatic-gopher.gif

UNETHICAL???

xotoxi-albums-pictures-2-picture831-dramatic-gopher.gif

UNETHICAL???

I love it when you use that gopher clip. :lol::lol::lol:

I am shocked, shocked I tell ya.... members of congress being dishonest! I cannot believe it. It's clearly a GOP smear campaign. I bet Glenn Beck is behind it.

Fuckin' congresscritters. Dishonesty is about the only thing they are bipartisan about.

I am shocked, shocked I tell ya.... members of congress being dishonest! I cannot believe it. It's clearly a GOP smear campaign. I bet Glenn Beck is behind it.

You are only partially correct. I predict that Obama will be blaming President Bush for this.

Are you trying to say that Bush is not responsible? That is typical of your kind!!! What are you some gawddamned neocon?

I only ask because I am a neocon - except I am not. LOL.

Damn, I really hate politicians, in a truly bipartisan way.

I thought this was something different. Seems like half of the committee that appropriates money to the Pentagon was on the list and I thought they were in cahoots for something, mainly dems, but a few repubs too.........

oh well.

You know its Bush's fault. Everything is Bush's Fault. Your car don't start. Your TV don't work. You got fuckin fired. Your spaghetti sauce turned out lousy. Man, its all Bush's fault.

But I gotta tell ya. Ain't heard much in the media about, my god, Dems being invesigated for ethics!! I am Aghast. We all know if they were Reps it would be in 5 inch letters on the front page of The NYT. It would have also run for 16 weeks. A dem, it gets a teenie, weenie paragraph on the back page. You know, the part of the paper you put in the bottom of your bird cage.

Politicians truly suck. You can't trust any of em.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back