Federal Reserve Policy Audit Legislation "Gutted"

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Representative Ron Paul, the Texas Republican who has called for an end to the Federal Reserve, said legislation he introduced to audit monetary policy has been “gutted” while moving toward a possible vote in the Democratic-controlled House.

The bill, with 308 co-sponsors, has been stripped of provisions that would remove Fed exemptions from audits of transactions with foreign central banks, monetary policy deliberations, transactions made under the direction of the Federal Open Market Committee and communications between the Board, the reserve banks and staff, Paul said today.

Federal Reserve Policy Audit Legislation ‘Gutted,’ Paul Says - Bloomberg.com

Utterly ridiculous. Congressman Mel Watt should be ashamed of himself, and it should be obvious that he is in the pocket of the bankers that run the Fed.

If your Congressman is a co-sponsor of H.R. 1207 I urge you to contact them to let them know that you want them to fight to return the original language of the bill that Mel Watt removed. Congressman Paul intends to introduce an amendment to the bill if it hits the floor returning the original language, but it would likely help to tell our Congressman to support this effort when it comes up.

If you're not sure if your Congressman has co-sponsored H.R. 1207 then look here:

H.R. 1207: Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

One of mine is, the other isn't I think.

Well this is the House version that I'm referring to. The Senate version hasn't been tampered with as far as I know, though it's likely to lose its teeth here shortly I'm sure.

Well this is the House version that I'm referring to. The Senate version hasn't been tampered with as far as I know, though it's likely to lose its teeth here shortly I'm sure.

Yes the house one, I looked at the cosponsor list. One of my reps is supporting it, the other one I couldn't find on there.

Each district has one Representative in the U.S. House. This is why I'm confused.

Yep. My state has a 1st district and a 2nd district. Why are you confused? :lol:

The way you said it it sounded like you were saying you had two Representatives, when it's just your state that has two seats in the House. Only one of them actually "represents" you.

The way you said it it sounded like you were saying you had two Representatives, when it's just your state that has two seats in the House. Only one of them actually "represents" you.

Oh I was looking at it statewide instead of district wide.

Oh I was looking at it statewide instead of district wide.

Was it your district's Congressman that co-sponsored it? If so you should e-mail them telling them to support the original text of the bill. ;)

Also, very happy to see this piece of shit gutted.

Of course you are. You believe in the delusion that this legislation somehow gave Congress authority over what the Federal Reserve does.

Also, very happy to see this piece of shit gutted.

Of course you are. You believe in the delusion that this legislation somehow gave Congress authority over what the Federal Reserve does.

If Congress is privy to every detail of the process, they'll be able to apply so much pressure they're effectively in control of it.

I agree. If you think the Fed is bad now, wait until the likes of Nancy Pelosi start setting interest rates.

Forum List

Back