Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting th

You don't seem to stay on top of the current news do you.

"Justices allow public prayers at New York town's council meetings"
Are you ready for the onslaught?
Give it a think and think of it well.
Hypocrites from the Christians who claim to be Christians.
Find a source where someone tried to disrupt the opening prayer by someone of Christian faith.
They are the one that cannot tolerate the religious beliefs of another.

Did they make a law restricting his religious preference or did they just yell at him?

The court allowed it because the town councils are not promoting or endorsing a religion. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
The poster just doesn't want to know that there are bigger things than himself and there IS a God in control of it and he is scared to death and won't admit it. So? Just deny God's existence...and it all goes away magically while trying to foist his same belief upon others and endorsing the Government imposing it.

The OP has NO CLUE as to the Founding...He's a Constitutional denier...which is bad enough...but when he's at the pearly gates? HE will be denied entry.

What is difficult for you to grasp is the idea of the intolerant right and they hypocrisy.
Again if the show fits! wear it.

Find a source where someone tried to disrupt the opening prayer by someone of Christian faith.

The court allowed it because the town councils are not promoting or endorsing a religion. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Where is the intolerance? There is no law and the town councils were not endorsing or promoting a religion. Had they made a law restricting or endorsing any religion I would have been against it.

The Founders were quite specific about freedom of Speech and Religion and could practice it in the public square whether you liked it or not. The Court affirmed the Founders in this. WHY are you so afraid of speech others? Religion of others?

YOU have the liberty to ignore it. I suggest you do so and move on your merry way and cease trying to deny others speech YOU find distasteful, For the next time it just MIGHT be YOUR speech in question and YOU will wonder why you are held in distain. :eusa_hand:

So much for Liberal tolerance.

That is odd you focused in on that part of my anatomy. My, my!
There is nothing you can say that makes me think you have any way to hurt me at all. Its you that feels slighted by your narrow-mindedness.

It seems you cannot tell the difference between what you are professing and the truth of how hypocritical the right wing christians are so be it.

Nope, you're just a bigoted hater!

Now don't go getting all butt hurt over being uncovered!

If you listened to the video you would see I am stating that the fundamental christian right is in the wrong with their trying to prohibit the speak by the man from India.
Got it!
How blind are you?

The Founders were quite specific about freedom of Speech and Religion and could practice it in the public square whether you liked it or not. The Court affirmed the Founders in this. WHY are you so afraid of speech others? Religion of others?

YOU have the liberty to ignore it. I suggest you do so and move on your merry way and cease trying to deny others speech YOU find distasteful, For the next time it just MIGHT be YOUR speech in question and YOU will wonder why you are held in distain. :eusa_hand:

WOW! Talk about projecting ideas into a post. When did I ever say that I had not beliefs at all. Prove that please.

The poster just doesn't want to know that there are bigger things than himself and there IS a God in control of it and he is scared to death and won't admit it. So? Just deny God's existence...and it all goes away magically while trying to foist his same belief upon others and endorsing the Government imposing it.

The OP has NO CLUE as to the Founding...He's a Constitutional denier...which is bad enough...but when he's at the pearly gates? HE will be denied entry.

You understand that a) that was back in 2007, and b) the people protesting were hecklers from NC who happened to roll in for the occasion, not Senators. Right?

Yes, of course heckling him was a douche move. But trying to blame conservatives or Republicans or whatever the hell the point of this thread is, is a double-douche move.

Yeah, 'cause it was liberals, right? :lol:
I dont know whether they are liberal or conservative. DOesnt really matter, right?

It does to G.... he's a flaming partisan hack.

Another intolerable christian.
Thank you for confirming your hatred.
Hypocrite.

If the Manchurian muslim had his way.....

10171144_385471638260327_3171263013872723992_n.jpg

I'm agnostic, but your Christian hatred is so noted by all!

The Founding Fathers considered freedom of religion to be the most important issue that the fledgling Country would face so they put it in the 1st Amendment to the Constitution. The Constitution doesn't provide anything. It is intended to limit the power of government. It worked out pretty well for the first hundred and fifty some odd years and along came a left wing president, FDR, who turned the concept on it's ear by appointing a former KKK member to the supreme court. Justice Hugo Black authored the modern version of "separation of church and state" which limits freedom of religion. During the last half a century the radical left has expanded the modern KKK definition of "separation of church and state"(which appears nowhere in the Constitution) to the extent that jack booted thugs smash the Ten Commandments off Court House walls and dynamite Korean War monuments that contain symbols of Christianity.

You understand that a) that was back in 2007, and b) the people protesting were hecklers from NC who happened to roll in for the occasion, not Senators. Right?

Yes, of course heckling him was a douche move. But trying to blame conservatives or Republicans or whatever the hell the point of this thread is, is a double-douche move.

I dont know whether they are liberal or conservative. DOesnt really matter, right?

Your superhuman willful ignorance is breathtaking.

[MENTION=20947]The Rabbi[/MENTION] [MENTION=20241]Soggy in NOLA[/MENTION]
For several days before the prayer was given, the American Family Association (AFA) urged its members to object to the prayer because Chaplain Rajan Zed would be "seeking the invocation of a non-monotheistic god."

Opposition prior to Hindu prayer in U.S. Senate

Just before Zed was able to begin, though, three individuals- Ante Pavkovic, Kathy Pavkovic, and Kristen Sugar from the Christian Right anti-abortion group Operation Save America began shouting:

"Lord Jesus, forgive us father for allowing a prayer of the wicked, which is an abomination in your sight. This is an abomination. We shall have no other gods before you."

Rajan Zed- will open Senate Session with a Hindu prayer on July 12

As Zed was preparing to deliver his invocation, three protestors started shouting from the visitors’ gallery.

“Lord Jesus, forgive us, Father, for allowing a prayer of the wicked, which is an abomination in your sight,” the protestors screamed. They were removed by Capitol Police and charged with disrupting Congress, a misdemeanor.
The three had been in the nation’s capital to lobby against a hate-crimes bill that would extend certain protections to gay people. (The Pavkovics and their daughter are all residents of North Carolina.) They called themselves “Christian patriots,” and their actions were hailed by some Religious Right activists.

The Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) is also still harping on the prayer and using the incident to promote its “Christian nation” views. Two months after Zed’s appearance, the Baptist Press ran a story headlined “Hinduism influence on the rise.” It quoted N.S.R.K. Ravi, director of the SBC’s North American Mission Board’s Evangelism Response Center.

https://www.au.org/church-state/oct...enate-prayer-protesters-barred-from-returning

Last edited:
Now, where were we?

Oh, yeah:

:lol:

If you listened to the video you would see I am stating that the fundamental christian right is in the wrong with their trying to prohibit the speak by the man from India.
Got it!
How blind are you?

Yep you're a bigoted ass, the guy was wrong by creating the disturbance, and you're wrong for trying to paint all Christians by one mans actions. Of course I'm sure you wouldn't give a shit when conservatives are forced off stage by libs on college campuses.

Forum List

Back