Congress set to vote about Puerto Rico Statehood

Why praytell? Just what would a shithole like PR add to the USA beyond two more communist Senators and five or so communist members of the House?

Just declare then independent and end the drain on the USA taxpayer.

I agree.

Thats what I'd tell all the territories. If you don't want to be a State then your on your own chum. Not that I want them as a State. Gag me.

PR has voted on becoming a State more than once. They reject it every time. After all. Why becme a State? If your a State your citizens have to pay taxes. If your a territory you get all the gravy and it cost you nothing. What a deal. Why buy that pesky cow when your getting the milk and cream for free.

It is fishy but I don't think PR will vote themselves into Statehood. Why the hell should they?They will ride the gravy train for as long as they can.

Personally I'd kick all the territories to the curb. Get rid of em. Let em be their own country and take care of their own citizens with their own money. Works for me.
The bill to be voted on tomorrow narrows their options.
In the past they have had three options, to maintain that status quo (present relationship), statehood, or independence. They have always voted the status quo. This bill will take that very one most popular option off the table

Watch this video for the whole narrative, this changes everything from the past:

YouTube - Puerto Rico Could Become 51st State If New Bill Passes

This time around, to oppose statehood for PR will be justificatioin for the label of RACISM.

This is good political timing, for the Illegal Immigration problem, and including Arizona huh?

VEEEEERRRRRRRRY INTERESTING.

I knew I smelled a polecat in the hen house.

Sorry Mississippi dem- Willie Nelson is wrong. Marijuana is a weed. Not an herb.

Yes they want it to be a state for that very reason. More TAX money. Watch them- some more tricks up their sleeves for more tax money coming very soon.

Last edited:
I knew there was something fishy about it. It's the questions they are asking that's different.

Interesting way to do it. Completely dishonest, but interesting nonetheless.

If pro statehood got 46% they'd be a state.

NOTA is and has been the consistent winner, when given that option.

The vote was 50% NOTA, 46% statehood. Google it if you don't believe me. The pro-statehood people have a real shot at it, which is the whole reason Congress is thinking about bringing it up.

The issue is an old one that divides even families. It is going to be a slow process which ever way it goes.

Can we make Israel a new state too?

I think that would be cool. They aren't interested either, and it would cause all kinds of problems both overseas and domestic, but a place with that level of literacy, number of phds, number of just plain smart people would be cool.

House Vote On Puerto Rico's Future Divides Hispanic Lawmakers - FOXBusiness.com

Looks like the House is planning to vote on a resolution on whether Puerto Rico will have a vote on becoming the 51 state. The vote is happening on Thursday.

I think we should be welcoming more States in the Union if they choose. But something is fishy about the timing. Not exactly sure what but it just feels off. They have more important things to be focusing on.

What feels off is the fact Puerto Ricans do NOT want statehood and repeatedly and consistently voted against it for themselves.

If the people of any US territory are not ready to fully and wholeheartedly embrace what it really means to be a state of this Union, fully accept that it also carries heavy responsibilities and that it is not just a one way street of increased benefits flowing their way -then it should never become a state. Puerto Rico is definitely NOT ready for statehood because Puerto Ricans don't even want it in the first place.

Last edited:

No they wouldn't. No territory in US history ever became a state while the majority of the population opposed it because no previous Congress in US history EVER believed it was something to be FORCED on an unwilling population in the first place! Just over 50% of Puerto Ricans voted against statehood. Democrats may believe this one can be exploited so they can claim their opponents are racists, but those who vote against it can claim the high ground on this one by pointing out statehood has been rejected by the people of Puerto Rico and no territory has ever become a state until a significant majority of the people want it. Statehood has NEVER been something that was forced on any people against their will.

I knew there was something fishy about it. It's the questions they are asking that's different.

Interesting way to do it. Completely dishonest, but interesting nonetheless.

That's right Avatar. It's the three questions they are asking this time that are different than the last three times they asked Puerto Rico if they wanted to become a state. They are not asking them that this time. The questions are designed so that PR cannot say no. They will become a state if voted on tomorrow, by a majority and the manipulative, corrupt and sneaky sinister progressives will score several million more votes and two senators and 6 congressional seats. All Dems., of course. This is my understanding of what is being voted on and in what context. Can we say, one world order?

Obama also wants to lower the voting age to 16.( the young )...Remember that one over a year ago??? Power and control is what the progressives seek, and they are going about it with furor. Deception and deceit. They know November looms and they are in a hurry.

The vote was 50% NOTA, 46% statehood. Google it if you don't believe me. The pro-statehood people have a real shot at it, which is the whole reason Congress is thinking about bringing it up.
Hmmm...50% NOTA and 46% statehood.

I've never taken a statistics course, so can someone 'splain to me who won that vote?

Hmmm...50% NOTA and 46% statehood.

I've never taken a statistics course, so can someone 'splain to me who won that vote?

Inside or outside of Puerto Rico? How many recounts before we have to answer?

After having read the thread, will only say a few things. As for P.r. becoming a state, if history on this matter is any guide don't look for that to happen anytime soon no matter how much the DNC would love to have 2 more D's in the Senate. P.R. has gone down this road before and has been correctly pointed out, they have it pretty good at the moment and still keep a national identity which many there cherish. You have a better chance of Texas making the decision to break into 5 states which to my knowledge is one of only states that can do so. As for the voting age being lowered to 16 , and after having gone through the teen years with my own daughter, that idea is a complete disaster waiting to happen as teenagers tend to have other things on their minds besides whats good for the nation or community. I have though been of the opinion for sometime now that if a young person can serve their nation and lay down their life for it, then they should be afforded all the privledges accorded for doing so including the right to walk into the local bar and drink a beer if they wish.

I think it would be great to add Puerto Rico as the 51st state, but I don't think they want it. So I don't think it will happen.

Immie

House Vote On Puerto Rico's Future Divides Hispanic Lawmakers - FOXBusiness.com

Looks like the House is planning to vote on a resolution on whether Puerto Rico will have a vote on becoming the 51 state. The vote is happening on Thursday.

I think we should be welcoming more States in the Union if they choose. But something is fishy about the timing. Not exactly sure what but it just feels off. They have more important things to be focusing on.
If you followed PR politics you'd find this issue comes up on a regular basis.

What's interesting is why you object.

Forum List

Back