Congress May Adjourn Without Passing Needed War Funds

You all certainly are taking your marching orders. Speaking of sheep, not a new phrase among you.

Here is a quote, compliments of you

"Oh I am quite precise formally, however this is a messageboard and not everyone has the same standards. I can make allowances, as asking for clarification is not a problem, I just don't ridicule..."

Yet....Its funny how you asked for no clarification, you never asked my position on anything, and you never disagreed with one word I said. But there is one thing you DID do, and thats Ridicule. I thought your standards were far above that of your constituents? It appears the sheep on this message board are alot like you, in following up with attacks....after hypocritically pronouncing your class and dignity in all debates.

Here is a quote, compliments of you

"Oh I am quite precise formally, however this is a messageboard and not everyone has the same standards. I can make allowances, as asking for clarification is not a problem, I just don't ridicule..."

Yet....Its funny how you asked for no clarification, you never asked my position on anything, and you never disagreed with one word I said. But there is one thing you DID do, and thats Ridicule. I thought your standards were far above that of your constituents? It appears the sheep on this message board are alot like you, in following up with attacks....after hypocritically pronouncing your class and dignity in all debates.

I have found your posts quite clear. Is there something you wish to clarify?

I even put it in big letters...

maybe you missed it:

That falls within their duties, as does declaring war, (which has been noted for years, they bequeathed onto the executive). It has to do with funding, maintaining, this is getting silly.

I have found your posts quite clear. Is there something you wish to clarify?

I would like to clarify that I am not a democrat, nor a republican. I am a moderate. I agree with democrats on the urge to stop the war and get back to homeland issues. I dissagree with the democrats on the abortion issue, and also on the flip flop mentality of voting for, then attacking the desicion to go to war.

I agree with president bush on the tax reform program, the environmental bill endorsment and the disaster reilef funding. I disagree with the president on healthcare, social security, boarder security, the war in iraq, the emergancy spending on the military every single year, the surge, the war on terrorism, the spending overall, the deficit, and the fake christian values.

The last one, is because when his father was running for president, he quoted a newspaper saying this "im just helping my dad with the campaign, we are trying to get that evangelical vote because it is the most crucial to winning an election" At the time he had not yet been converted to christianity, he later became a born again christian.

This means he knew exactly how to win an election, and exploit christianity, before he was even proclaimed as christian. That leads me to believe he either became christian because he knew that would be the easiest way to become president, OR he used the same tactics his father did to win that evangelical vote. Either way, very shady if you ask me.

I would like to clarify that I am not a democrat, nor a republican. I am a moderate. I agree with democrats on the urge to stop the war and get back to homeland issues. I dissagree with the democrats on the abortion issue, and also on the flip flop mentality of voting for, then attacking the desicion to go to war.

I agree with president bush on the tax reform program, the environmental bill endorsment and the disaster reilef funding. I disagree with the president on healthcare, social security, boarder security, the war in iraq, the emergancy spending on the military every single year, the surge, the war on terrorism, the spending overall, the deficit, and the fake christian values.

The last one, is because when his father was running for president, he quoted a newspaper saying this "im just helping my dad with the campaign, we are trying to get that evangelical vote because it is the most crucial to winning an election" At the time he had not yet been converted to christianity, he later became a born again christian.

This means he knew exactly how to win an election, and exploit christianity, before he was even proclaimed as christian. That leads me to believe he either became christian because he knew that would be the easiest way to become president, OR he used the same tactics his father did to win that evangelical vote. Either way, very shady if you ask me.

Good clarification, adds some depth to my opinion of you. On the other hand, you've had no compunctions from labeling me a GOP stooge, yet it would be easy enough to find soo many posts, where I hammer GW and the Republican Congress, when it was such.

Good clarification, adds some depth to my opinion of you. On the other hand, you've had no compunctions from labeling me a GOP stooge, yet it would be easy enough to find soo many posts, where I hammer GW and the Republican Congress, when it was such.

Reading your previous posts, I do realise that you are not a GOP sheep, infact most of the time you use common sense and you are indeed a very classy debater. I may disagree with you on some issues, but at least I know your not a clone. I actually saw the word "concede" in your posts. I dont think the right wingers on this board, even know what that means.

Reading your previous posts, I do realise that you are not a GOP sheep, infact most of the time you use common sense and you are indeed a very classy debater. I may disagree with you on some issues, but at least I know your not a clone. I actually saw the word "concede" in your posts. I dont think the right wingers on this board, even know what that means.

Well I'd like to see more 'debate' and less 'name calling' on both sides, then again, I'm considered by many to be extreme. ;)

While not exactly in my thinking, this poses interesting topic:

http://shotsacrossthebow.com/archives/002651.html#002651

March 28, 2007
Senate Supports Timetable for Troop Withdrawal

Okay, for all the folks who are rejoicing over the passage in the Senate of troop withdrawal deadline, I have a few questions for you.

* Do you think it is likely that knowing that American troops will be pulling out of Iraq regardless of the conditions on the ground will embolden and encourage the insurgents?
* Do you think it is likely that given this information, the insurgents will work harder to overthrow the Iraqi government in favor a more militant and anti Western one?
* Do you think it is possible that Iran will seize upon this instability to draw Iraq into its sphere of influence as another Lebanon?
* Do you think a weak Iraq will contribute to stability in the Middle East, or will it be a destabilizing factor?

And finally,

* Having answered the above questions honestly, can you think of anything good coming from establishing a troop withdrawal deadline? Anything at all?

Except of course, for getting a Democrat into the White House. And that's really the whole point, isn't it?
Posted by Rich at March 28, 2007 3:02 AM

* Do you think it is likely that knowing that American troops will be pulling out of Iraq regardless of the conditions on the ground will embolden and encourage the insurgents?

How much more encouraged could they be? They're attacking and killing tens to hundreds of people on a DAILY basis.

* Do you think it is likely that given this information, the insurgents will work harder to overthrow the Iraqi government in favor a more militant and anti Western one?

Probably. So what? Maybe the Iraqis need some encouragement to stand up for themselves and us playing "Daddy" isn't encouraging that. They're like the 26-year-old who still lives with his parents because the parents won't insist on them getting out. We took their country from a dictator and gave it to them and helped them hold elections... their turn now.

* Do you think it is possible that Iran will seize upon this instability to draw Iraq into its sphere of influence as another Lebanon?

Once again, so what? Iran will likely always be trying to draw Iraq into its sphere of influence. That is part of the reason Saddam Hussein was a useful dictator to the U.S. Iraq's Shiite majority now has power because we brought them democracy. When the Sunni secularist deictor Hussein was in power, he kept the country at odds with Iran. Now, there is an opening for Iran to combine with the Shiites in Iraq (as they have in Lebanon). I guess someone should have thought of that before they decided to remove Saddam Hussein. Iran will, for now and forever, want to draw Iraq into its sphere of influence. Are you saying we should stay in Iraq for eternity? If not, when would long enough be long enough for you?

* Do you think a weak Iraq will contribute to stability in the Middle East, or will it be a destabilizing factor?

A weak Iraq will have two options. Become strong or be dominated by the Shiites with influence from Iran. We gave them their country, we gave them elections, we've given them our blood. How much more must we give them until they stand up on their own?

* Having answered the above questions honestly, can you think of anything good coming from establishing a troop withdrawal deadline? Anything at all?

Yes, it's time to put up or shut up. It tells this unruly 20-something or a country to pack his shit and get an apartment and start paying his own bills. If Mommy U.S.A. is going to let you suck at her teat indefinitely, there is no reason to straighten up.

For those of us with jobs and who have job performance reviews... I don't know about you but I have to submit objectives... and they must be in what my company (and others I would assume) call S.M.A.R.T. format... Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timebound. Without a time limit, there is no way to judge if an objective has been met. Every soldier who's taken an APFT knows that time limits are part of the measurement. Why shouldn't that apply at every level?

It's been four years.

Put the kid on the street and see what happens.

How much more encouraged could they be? They're attacking and killing tens to hundreds of people on a DAILY basis.

Probably. So what? Maybe the Iraqis need some encouragement to stand up for themselves and us playing "Daddy" isn't encouraging that. They're like the 26-year-old who still lives with his parents because the parents won't insist on them getting out. We took their country from a dictator and gave it to them and helped them hold elections... their turn now.

Once again, so what? Iran will likely always be trying to draw Iraq into its sphere of influence. That is part of the reason Saddam Hussein was a useful dictator to the U.S. Iraq's Shiite majority now has power because we brought them democracy. When the Sunni secularist deictor Hussein was in power, he kept the country at odds with Iran. Now, there is an opening for Iran to combine with the Shiites in Iraq (as they have in Lebanon). I guess someone should have thought of that before they decided to remove Saddam Hussein. Iran will, for now and forever, want to draw Iraq into its sphere of influence. Are you saying we should stay in Iraq for eternity? If not, when would long enough be long enough for you?

A weak Iraq will have two options. Become strong or be dominated by the Shiites with influence from Iran. We gave them their country, we gave them elections, we've given them our blood. How much more must we give them until they stand up on their own?

Yes, it's time to put up or shut up. It tells this unruly 20-something or a country to pack his shit and get an apartment and start paying his own bills. If Mommy U.S.A. is going to let you suck at her teat indefinitely, there is no reason to straighten up.

For those of us with jobs and who have job performance reviews... I don't know about you but I have to submit objectives... and they must be in what my company (and others I would assume) call S.M.A.R.T. format... Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timebound. Without a time limit, there is no way to judge if an objective has been met. Every soldier who's taken an APFT knows that time limits are part of the measurement. Why shouldn't that apply at every level?

It's been four years.

Put the kid on the street and see what happens.

Good for you. Hope the troops and the US populace agree with you.

Good for you. Hope the troops and the US populace agree with you.

This is exactly what I'm talking about in the "To The Article Posters" thread in the Taunting Arena... she posts an article which does nothing more than ask a bunch of questions and when you take time to respond to it... she posts stuff like the above.

Worthless talking to her. She has no opinions, no stance, nothing... well, nothing that she's willing to spend a couple of minutes typing on at least.

This is exactly what I'm talking about in the "To The Article Posters" thread in the Taunting Arena... she posts an article which does nothing more than ask a bunch of questions and when you take time to respond to it... she posts stuff like the above.

Worthless talking to her. She has no opinions, no stance, nothing... well, nothing that she's willing to spend a couple of minutes typing on at least.

WTF are you blathering about?

WTF are you blathering about?

That your tactic is simple and effective. Copy, paste, waste the opposition's time responding to your endless stream of article posts while you move right along to something else... it's really effective. But, maybe for once, you might want to answer the questions in MY post as I gave you the courtesy of doing for yours?

You're all hot and bothered about the issue yet the most you can come up with is a slightly longer "Says you!"

That your tactic is simple and effective. Copy, paste, waste the opposition's time responding to your endless stream of article posts while you move right along to something else... it's really effective. But, maybe for once, you might want to answer the questions in MY post as I gave you the courtesy of doing for yours?

You're all hot and bothered about the issue yet the most you can come up with is a slightly longer "Says you!"

Tard, what copy & paste? Which article posts? PB, you are loser, regardless of persona.

Please cite, fuktard, as I distanced myself from that:

CLASSIC!

Now she's cutting and pasting what she doesn't believe in...

And, to be honest, "not exactly my cup of tea" is about as safe as you can get. It says neither "I agree" nor "I disagree"... it says, I can't think for myself and don't know what to think so here's a cut and paste!"

OK, one last time, we now know what isn't exactly your cup of tea... how about A F*CKING STANCE FROM YOU, BY YOU? Or, would that tax your tiny little brain a little too much?

Forum List

Back