Congress, Jewish Leaders Gear Up for Iron Dome Tribute

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Members of Congress to unite, along with leaders of the Jewish community, to pay tribute to the success of Iron Dome

329839.jpg

Congress Gears Up for Iron Dome Tribute - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News

Leave Tinnie alone. He is still reeling from the fact that he got OWNED by Rocco in the other thread. You should go read it. Get some popcorn

Lipush, et al,

Well, you got to admit, it is a handsome looking thing!

Members of Congress to unite, along with leaders of the Jewish community, to pay tribute to the success of Iron Dome

329839.jpg
(NOTE)

This was my favorite image.

iron+Dome.jpg

v/r
R

Wow. That's just....wow
6asmnhy.gif

Everytime I used to drive from my home to the city, passing the desert hill I could see the Iron dome in the distance. Foolish, but It always gave me hope to know it was there, even in times of ceasefire:redface:

Lipush, et al,

That is just one firing position.

Wow. That's just....wow
6asmnhy.gif

Everytime I used to drive from my home to the city, passing the desert hill I could see the Iron dome in the distance. Foolish, but It always gave me hope to know it was there, even in times of ceasefire:redface:
(COMMENT)

My understanding is that Congress was planning to send five (5) batteries; working towards funding for a total of 13 batteries. That is what they figure it will take to cover the entire border, an arc rotating from Lebanon all the way around to Gaza.
iron-dome-defence-destroy.jpg
The Senate has asked the funding be doubled ($210M to $420M), as an additional authorization and beyond the annual $3B in military assistance.
IronDome_Main_620x350_620x350.jpg

A total of 13 Batteries will cost, easily a Billion dollars, once all the ancillary equipment and installation is taken into account. Plus, each interceptor cost about $50K, and you fire two at a time for each inbound target.

With the current plan, I suspect they Israeli Air Defense will achieve about a 75% intercept rate. If they double the number of batteries deployed, they can achieve as high as a 90-to-93% interception rate.

Most Respectfully,
R

The whole thing is absurd.

U.S. Congressmen are united about defending Israels borders using tax payer money.

And yet America's southern border is wide open and illegals are still flooding in every day with criminals carrying drugs and Congress does nothing but talk.

Anyone who claims Israel/AIPAC doesn't control the U.S. government is totally naive......... :evil:

Sunni Man, et al,

Yes, it is confusing.

U.S. Congressmen are united about defending Israels borders using tax payer money.

And yet America's southern border is wide open and illegals are still flooding in every day with criminals carrying drugs and Congress does nothing but talk.

Anyone who claims Israel/AIPAC doesn't control the U.S. government is totally naive......... :evil:
(COMMENT)

Yes, you've run into the difference between American "Foreign" Policy and that of "Domestic" Policy.

Throw in a little National Security and Mutual Defense Pact agreements --- mixing it with public support --- and you become lost in Washington.

Most Respectfully,
R

I agree. The U.S should put Iron Dome systems on the Mexican border :cool:

I agree. The U.S should put Iron Dome systems on the Mexican border :cool:

I'd prefer the military

The Mexicans aren't shooting missiles across the border, and if they ever did, Americans would be nuking or carpet bombing Mexico by now. Just goes to show you how patient Israelis are with these animals.

Forum List

Back