Confused about America First Policy

Say there is an earthquake in Chile or Typhoon in Bangladesh. American interest are not affected. Are we sending aid in the form of money or troops to perform rescues? Or do we withhold such aid until they can pay for the help?
Ignorance is no excuse.
Humanitarian aid does not equal theft.

So spending your money to subsidize insurance for someone in St. Louis born into poverty does but sending the same money (or more) to some Chilean does not? Strange.

Say there is an earthquake in Chile or Typhoon in Bangladesh. American interest are not affected. Are we sending aid in the form of money or troops to perform rescues? Or do we withhold such aid until they can pay for the help?

What a dumbass post.
America first means we stop with the shitty one sided trade deals and we stop letting illegals cross the border at will.
And of course we stop letting in terrorist pretending to be refuges.

So your tax money going to a place that will never pay it back is cool? Funny…if it were GM and it saved American Jobs…I seem to recall the right wing looney birds bitching another tune….

I guess it’s just a matter of black and white.

WTF, stupid or what?

Well, if we’re only going to act when it benefits America…how would sending your tax dollars into nations that do little or nothing for us be “putting America first”?

Just wondering what the term means….do any of you know?

Like Haiti?

Great example…will US aid to Haiti when they get smoked by another Hurricane or Floor or Earthquake be there?

Well, if we’re only going to act when it benefits America…how would sending your tax dollars into nations that do little or nothing for us be “putting America first”?

First does, in no way imply ONLY.

So that means we’ll still send money into places with no hope of having it returned…ever?

Is there a point here? America first does not at all imply that a nation facing a national disaster cannot count on humanitarian help from us.

Now, ask you're question over and over and over...........

It makes you look stupid.

More tax dollars flowing out for no gain? Doesn’t sound like he’s putting America first….sounds like a Bangladeshi first policy.

We get it. You want America last.

That option left with Odummy.

Go ahead and join him, you won't be missed.

From what you’re telling me….your messiah and Mr. Trump will have the same policies when sending our money to help out folks affected by disasters. So apparently it’s Trump who wants “america last”.

WTF, stupid or what?

Like Haiti?

Great example…will US aid to Haiti when they get smoked by another Hurricane or Floor or Earthquake be there?

...........be there for the Democrats to siphon off you mean?

WTF, stupid or what?

Private individuals can send money to any country they want.

I seem to have missed the implied modifier of “foreign trade, illegal immigration and “other policies”. I mean, what if there was a coup in Chile or Bangladesh…would we try to overthrow the duly elected leaders of those nations (if they have one—just not Chile or Bangladesh—Brazil is a powder keg about to go off too…what if there).
He mentioned it in his inauguration speech. That said, like all Presidents before him, saying is one thing, making it happen is another.

Why would we do so? During the Cold War, shit like that happened, but not today.

Say there is an earthquake in Chile or Typhoon in Bangladesh. American interest are not affected. ...

Sure they are.

Really? How so? Chile is a very large nation. Much like an earthquake in Montana may not effect people in Florida…an earthquake in the southern region may not effect our interest in Santiago for example.

We conduct trade with Chile, there are American companies in Chile, and there are Chilean-Americans with a great deal of interest. Don't be myopic.

WTF, stupid or what?

So that means we’ll still send money into places with no hope of having it returned…ever?

The Clinton Foundation will send them some aid.
WTF, stupid or what?

The Clinton Foundation will send them some aid.
I'm sure they would and have in the past.

One thing to remember , all ex presidents get paid big bucks for speeches, and if his wife was SOS so be it, the first time we had such a first lady be a first lady of a state (twice) first lady of a country for 8 years , a senator of a state for 8 years, and a SOS, and also ran for Pres. twice, and won the Pop . vote by 3 million votes last time. You should be bowing down to her.
HMMM . . . . no, mostly they funnelled money to the their cronies and the CGI. Anyone who willingly bows down to Hillary is a servile douche bag.

The America first poicy as I understand it is about limiting Americas military involvemet in nation building that has been pretty clear and it would really be nice if people would stop pretending like they don't know this.
It's also about not signing trade deals that benefit every country except America.

America First means your Agenda is last.

What a dumbass post.
America first means we stop with the shitty one sided trade deals and we stop letting illegals cross the border at will.
And of course we stop letting in terrorist pretending to be refuges.

So your tax money going to a place that will never pay it back is cool? Funny…if it were GM and it saved American Jobs…I seem to recall the right wing looney birds bitching another tune….

I guess it’s just a matter of black and white.

You'll have to be a little clearer on your position.

WTF, stupid or what?

Do you really think the U.S. would deny ANY country humanitarian aid?

Your question is a "gotcha". Anybody with half a brain knows this. I must admit, this is the stupidest question, and therefore thread, I have seen for a week. This one even outshines Lakhota's

Last edited:

WTF, stupid or what?

Like Haiti?

If Haiti needs help i'm sure they'll thank their lucky stars hillary wont have anything to do with it.
Actually after hillary ripped off the Haitian people to the tune of millions I can't believe you'd be stupid enough to use them as an example.

Idiot question.

Well, Trump supporters are idiots so I thought you guys would be the ones to ask.

While the statement is blanket in nature anyone with a third grade education knows exactly what he means...only whack-job Libtards who love retard semantics play stupid and act as if they don't know. Further, only un-American piece of shits wouldn't appreciate the statement coming from the top of government.
I'll play along for all the second graders who may be reading the thread...In short, the phrase America First means the wants and needs of REAL American's will be considered paramount...PERIOD!
Specifically, I'm thinking he's tired of watching the Democratic Party smuggle in illegals from the south to ride the back of the American taxpayer while literally trashing every community they settle in.

WTF, stupid or what?

Like Haiti?

...........be there for the Democrats to siphon off you mean?

No idea what you’re talking about.

Just wondering about disaster relief when we know going in that there is little to no chance we will ever see the money again.

WTF, stupid or what?

Private individuals can send money to any country they want.

Yes but will US Government aid be going to Nation X under “America First”?

I seem to have missed the implied modifier of “foreign trade, illegal immigration and “other policies”. I mean, what if there was a coup in Chile or Bangladesh…would we try to overthrow the duly elected leaders of those nations (if they have one—just not Chile or Bangladesh—Brazil is a powder keg about to go off too…what if there).
He mentioned it in his inauguration speech. That said, like all Presidents before him, saying is one thing, making it happen is another.

Why would we do so? During the Cold War, shit like that happened, but not today.

So, the answer is no—in both the case of natural disaster or coup where our interests are not explicitly on the line?

Forum List

Back