Confirmed! Rich People Live Off The Work Of Others!

So we make most of our money through work.

How about the rest of the posters in the thread?

Hey, they haven't done it nearly as long as freely given charity has, nor nearly as effectively.

You fail to understand the history of the world.

How did they get the money to invest to begin with?

Dad.

Where did Dad get it?

Probably from his Dad, but are you seriously going to defend this policy on the grounds that at some point someone in the family probably worked? :lmao:

Who could that possibly help?

Those who speculate often do nothing else. They don't work, and then invest. They just speculate.

How about encouraging work in this country, by showing that we value work as much as we value speculation?

Dad.
The amount of inherited wealth in this country is barely significant. So we're back to people earning money via hard work.

Why do you want to penalize people who earned their money via hard work?

I think that all governments tax, and that most of what they spend taxes on makes our success possible. To claim that taxation is the same as slavery is morally bankrupt.
Quite the contrary.
To take from one (what he has worked for) to give to another (that he has not worked for) is morally bankrupt, and that is exactly what taxation is.

Take it up with 5,000 years of history. :cuckoo: Talk about a whiner!

A government is an organizing principle. I don't know what you guys propose as an alternative, but the fact is, governments have long provided some sort of aid to the poor. I mean for the last few thousand years, at least. As a nod to the aforementioned fact that life is not fair.
The fact is that for more than 150 years of American history, there was no social welfare state and people didn't want it.

And you don't add to the fairness of the world by looting the productive to pay for the moocher, the layabout and the bureaucrat...Indeed, you make it more unfair.

But then again, Marxist little shits only hide behind the nebulous and undefinable rubric of "fairness" in order to obscure the pettiness of their naked aggression.

So why is it that our tax code favors income gotten through speculation over honest work?

"Speculation" is investments. Honest work was required (and taxed accordingly) before 'speculation' happened.

If you saved $10k (after tax income) and 'speculate' with it, that is your choice. If by choosing what you 'speculate' in , you happen to realize returns from your initial 'speculation', you pay a lower tax rate on your return.
Alternatively, if you lose your entire 'speculation' you don't get to write off the loss.

The tax code encourages the import of investing in our country

We could just do away with 'speculators' and everyone hide their money under their mattress.

Did that help?

BTW, if you earn the money you invest, then the money that you speculate with has already been taxed, but the profits from speculation are not. So again, why the different tax rates?

I am pleased you learned something from my post!

Profits from 'speculation' is taxed under something called Capital Gains Tax, but for you I think we should change the name to "Speculation Profit Tax".
:D

Those who speculate often do nothing else. They don't work, and then invest. They just speculate.

How about encouraging work in this country, by showing that we value work as much as we value speculation?

Dad.
There you have it....Pure, unadulterated economic ignorance meets the avarice of the plunderer.

Conclusion: I should get to rob the rich kid because I disapprove of how he gained his resources, though that itself does me no harm.

What a sorry little thug you are.

The amount of inherited wealth in this country is barely significant.[/URL] So we're back to people earning money via hard work.

For the richest, that's not generally the case. You know that.

Why do you want to penalize people who earned their money via hard work?

That shoe would be on your foot. You want to balance the budget on the backs of workers, and give favors to those who earn through speculation.

The fact is that for more than 150 years of American history, there was no social welfare state and people didn't want it.

Can you possibly back that up? Thanks.

And you don't add to the fairness of the world by looting the productive to pay for the moocher, the layabout and the bureaucrat...Indeed, you make it more unfair.

But then again, Marxist little shits only hide behind the nebulous and undefinable rubric of "fairness" in order to obscure the pettiness of their naked aggression.

So you're bitching about the unfairness of taxes, and then bitching because someone is talking about fairness? :lmao:

Hey, they haven't done it nearly as long as freely given charity has, nor nearly as effectively.

Where did Dad get it?

Probably from his Dad, but are you seriously going to defend this policy on the grounds that at some point someone in the family probably worked? :lmao:

I know you have heard of inheritance tax, right?

The IRS report for the richest 400 Americans shows that only 6.5% of their income came from wages and salaries. The rest - 93.5% - came from unearned income. "Unearned income" is the profits that accrue to the rich by virtue of their ownership of things. When corporate profits, for example, go up, the wealth of the rich increases.

The rich themselves do not create those profits, though. The profits are mostly created by the people who work at the corporations - the profit "creators", so to speak. The rich benefit from the hard work of others, but they mostly don't participate - not unless they feel like, anyway.

Link: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/07intop400.pdf

This is why Scott Brown is worried.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOyDR2b71ag]Elizabeth Warren on Fair Taxation - YouTube[/ame]

Part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid that comes along.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pleased you learned something from my post!

Profits from 'speculation' is taxed under something called Capital Gains Tax, but for you I think we should change the name to "Speculation Profit Tax".
:D

Sure, I didn't know that before. :lmao:

Dad.
There you have it....Pure, unadulterated economic ignorance meets the avarice of the plunderer.

Conclusion: I should get to rob the rich kid because I disapprove of how he gained his resources, though that itself does me no harm.

What a sorry little thug you are.

OK, turn off the movie in your head. You sound like a nut.

This has nothing to do with my disapproval.

It has to do with taxing income at the same rate, regardless of the source of the income.

If taxing investment income at the same rate as work income is punishment, then you're supporting punishing workers...I guess you disapprove of how they make their money?

Hey, they haven't done it nearly as long as freely given charity has, nor nearly as effectively

Where are you getting the idea that charity has helped more than government when it comes to helping the poor? Aren't you just making stuff up?

Where did Dad get it?

I know you have heard of inheritance tax, right?

Are you just randomly striking out with anything?

So why is it that our tax code favors income gotten through speculation over honest work?

"Speculation" is investments. Honest work was required (and taxed accordingly) before 'speculation' happened.

If you saved $10k (after tax income) and 'speculate' with it, that is your choice. If by choosing what you 'speculate' in , you happen to realize returns from your initial 'speculation', you pay a lower tax rate on your return.
Alternatively, if you lose your entire 'speculation' you don't get to write off the loss.

The tax code encourages the import of investing in our country

We could just do away with 'speculators' and everyone hide their money under their mattress.

Did that help?

I don't get hour point. Is it that rich people all got their start by honest hard work? Or that they'd prefer not to get any interest at all, rather than pay the same tax that working people do? Or is it something else?

All money comes from one place, originally: government.

Hey, they haven't done it nearly as long as freely given charity has, nor nearly as effectively

Where are you getting the idea that charity has helped more than government when it comes to helping the poor? Aren't you just making stuff up?

Where are you getting the idea that government has helped more than charity when it comes to helping the poor? Aren't you just making stuff up?

Oh, and by the way, charity has existed longer than government.

I don't get hour point. Is it that rich people all got their start by honest hard work? Or that they'd prefer not to get any interest at all, rather than pay the same tax that working people do? Or is it something else?
What's it to you anyways?

I mean other than trying to give yourself a good rationalization to have gubmint do what you don't have the nerve to do, and take what's rightfully theirs.

Forum List

Back