Confirmed! Rich People Live Off The Work Of Others!

Neither of us is new.

But it's always great to school folks like you. :)

That never gets old.

So why is it that our tax code favors income gotten through speculation over honest work?

One possibility: people who are making lots of money have a powerful incentive to use some of it to influence the tax code.
Another possibility: So whiny little pussies like you can snivel about how unfaaaaaaiiiiiiir it is.

So why is it that our tax code favors income gotten through speculation over honest work?

One possibility: people who are making lots of money have a powerful incentive to use some of it to influence the tax code.

Nailed it.
Let me guess -- fat cat Republicans, right?

We all know the rich Democrats have only the poor and down-trodden in mind. :rofl:

"Speculation" is investments. Honest work was required (and taxed accordingly) before 'speculation' happened.

If you saved $10k (after tax income) and 'speculate' with it, that is your choice. If by choosing what you 'speculate' in , you happen to realize returns from your initial 'speculation', you pay a lower tax rate on your return.
Alternatively, if you lose your entire 'speculation' you don't get to write off the loss.

The tax code encourages the import of investing in our country

We could just do away with 'speculators' and everyone hide their money under their mattress.

Did that help?

Yeah, I figured such a weasel-ish retort would come from the likes of you.

Fact is that you're a cowardly looter, who doesn't have the nerve to go rob your neighbor in person.

You make some very ignorant assumptions about the world in general, and me in particular.

Again, why is it that we tax income gained through speculation at a lower rate than income gained through actual productive work?

Why is it that you think income (fruits of ones personal labor) is fair to tax? Are you also in favor of slavery (fruits of ones personal labor) being taken by another?

"Speculation" is investments. Honest work was required (and taxed accordingly) before 'speculation' happened.

If you saved $10k (after tax income) and 'speculate' with it, that is your choice. If by choosing what you 'speculate' in , you happen to realize returns from your initial 'speculation', you pay a lower tax rate on your return.
Alternatively, if you lose your entire 'speculation' you don't get to write off the loss.

We could just do away with 'speculators' and everyone hide their money under their mattress.

Did that help?

Who could that possibly help?

Those who speculate often do nothing else. They don't work, and then invest. They just speculate.

How about encouraging work in this country, by showing that we value work as much as we value speculation?

Yeah, I figured such a weasel-ish retort would come from the likes of you.

Fact is that you're a cowardly looter, who doesn't have the nerve to go rob your neighbor in person.

You make some very ignorant assumptions about the world in general, and me in particular.

Again, why is it that we tax income gained through speculation at a lower rate than income gained through actual productive work?

Why is it that you think income (fruits of ones personal labor) is fair to tax? Are you also in favor of slavery (fruits of ones personal labor) being taken by another?

I think that all governments tax, and that most of what they spend taxes on makes our success possible. To claim that taxation is the same as slavery is morally bankrupt.

Those who speculate often do nothing else. They don't work, and then invest. They just speculate.

How about encouraging work in this country, by showing that we value work as much as we value speculation?

How did they get the money to invest to begin with?

I think that all governments tax, and that most of what they spend taxes on makes our success possible. To claim that taxation is the same as slavery is morally bankrupt.
Quite the contrary.
To take from one (what he has worked for) to give to another (that he has not worked for) is morally bankrupt, and that is exactly what taxation is.

Quite the contrary.
To take from one (what he has worked for) to give to another (that he has not worked for) is morally bankrupt, and that is exactly what taxation is.

Take it up with 5,000 years of history. :cuckoo: Talk about a whiner!

A government is an organizing principle. I don't know what you guys propose as an alternative, but the fact is, governments have long provided some sort of aid to the poor. I mean for the last few thousand years, at least. As a nod to the aforementioned fact that life is not fair.

How did they get the money to invest to begin with?

Dad.

Not Mom, huh?
Typical sexist behavior you have.
But then, should I expect anything else based upon your posts that exude class warfare, envy and bullshit?

Did that help?

BTW, if you earn the money you invest, then the money that you speculate with has already been taxed, but the profits from speculation are not. So again, why the different tax rates?

Quite the contrary.

Take it up with 5,000 years of history. :cuckoo: Talk about a whiner!

A government is an organizing principle. I don't know what you guys propose as an alternative, but the fact is, governments have long provided some sort of aid to the poor. I mean for the last few thousand years, at least. As a nod to the aforementioned fact that life is not fair.
Hey, they haven't done it nearly as long as freely given charity has, nor nearly as effectively.

Forum List

Back