A Presentation from Weiss Research.

America's Financial Doomsday | AMTH-4699102
America's Financial Doomsday?
Agree.
Disagree.
Learned Something. Learned Nothing.
I Lean Left.
I Lean Right.

Poll is Multiple Choice. Feel free to check all boxes that apply. :):):)

"Given this background of high unemployment, lower-wage jobs, and smaller portions of the pie going to workers, it should come as no surprise that, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, nearly 50 million people in the United States live in poverty (with income in 2011 below $23,021 for a family of four) while another 50 million live between the poverty level and twice the poverty level—one paycheck away from economic disaster.23

"Thus, the poor (those in poverty or near poverty), most of whom belong to the working poor, account for approximately 100 million people, fully one-third of the entire U.S. population."

So when the US economy CRASHES loudly enough to focus US attention spans the same way 911 did, who will you blame?

Why?

Class War and Labor?s Declining Share :: Monthly Review

Hah that is pure comedy. From the opening page warning "viewer discretion is advised" to the text saying to turn up your computer speakers to the spammish pop up trying to prevent you from leaving.

Beware scare tactics from companies that sell newsletters.

Hah that is pure comedy. From the opening page warning "viewer discretion is advised" to the text saying to turn up your computer speakers to the spammish pop up trying to prevent you from leaving.

Hope for the best, and plan for the worst.
If you wake one morning to discover every $10 bill in your possession has been transformed into a $5, will you vote Republican OR Democrat in the next "election?"

Got to agree. Also way out of date given that he said 21% UE instead of 25%. The US as best of the worst is seeing asset bubbles because of flight capital and will see the busts as well.

Hope for the best, and plan for the worst.
To an extent.

Nobody can doubt the wisdom of the adage but one should plan for the worst that is within the realm of a reasonable worst and a reasonable plan of action, that is why they make reality TV shows about people building huts on mountains for when the meteor hits and the flood waters rise.

My asset allocation is the best I think I can do with trying to maximize gains while accepting a certain level of risk and acknowledging the fact I'm not going to spend too much time researching and tinkering.

When I see bilge like this claiming they know for certain that an an economic doomsday is around the corner with homelessness and martial law and only the few who really know what they are doing will actually profit, oh and by the way we sell these financial newsletters, what are we supposed to think? We should believe these folks have so much financial wisdom but instead of profiting off that they are taking the time to peddle newsletters and books instead? It makes no sense, its like the little "Make CEO pay from home" signs on stakes near the interstate exit ramps, if they really knew how to make executive pay from their house why are they out planting these signs at 3:00 am?

If you wake one morning to discover every $10 bill in your possession has been transformed into a $5, will you vote Republican OR Democrat in the next "election?"
Depends.

Did my salary double too?

Can I directly blame the state of the current extremely complex world of economics singularly on a political party currently in office?

Agree.
Disagree.
I Lean Left.
I Lean Right.

one choice selected: disagree

I see it as a money making tome. I would like to know when this article/ad was posted

even a wiki answers idiot has it down: "That's not an article, it's a sales letter."

Last edited:

Agree.
Disagree.
I Lean Left.
I Lean Right.

I see it as a money making tome. I would like to know when this article/ad was posted

even a wiki answers idiot has it down: "That's not an article, it's a sales letter."

Hi Pante Waste...:bye1:

Agree.
Disagree.
I Lean Left.
I Lean Right.

Hi Pante Waste...:bye1:

there is a cure for Dante Fevah it is called the House Cure

usmbhouseout.jpg

The Democrats' Preoccupation with Inequality

Why leftists are blinded by materialist ideology.
October 21, 2015
Dennis Prager
6023390537_3a8eec6052_o.jpg

If you want to understand today's Democratic Party, a word search of the Democrats' debate last week provides a pretty clear picture.

Here is how many times key words were spoken:

Wall Street: 23

Tax: 20

Inequality: 9

Wealthy: 7

Now, compare the number of times other national concerns were mentioned:

ISIS: 4

Terror/ists/ism: 2

Defense: 2

Military (excluding Jim Webb): 1

Freedom: 1

Debt (national): 0

Liberty: 0

Strength: 0

Armed forces: 0

Islamist/Islamic : 0

Material inequality is the predominant concern of the Democratic Party. Indeed, material inequality has been the predominant concern of the left since Karl Marx.

The left, with its materialist view of life, refuses to concede these nonmaterial producers of poverty and that changing behavior is therefore the only way to raise the majority of the poor out of their poverty. Of course, when bad luck — such as chronic illness or being the victim of a violent crime — is the reason for one's impoverished condition, societal help is a moral imperative.

Instead, the left believes that the focus of attention must be on reducing the wealth of the wealthy — again, as if the wealth is a pie. Thus, the left demands a redistribution of wealth in society — taking money (that was honestly earned) from those who are wealthier and giving that money to the poor. But all that does most of the time is prolong the poverty of the poor, as they are not only not forced to engage in productive behavior, they are actually paid to continue whatever unproductive behaviors they are engaged in.

All this should be obvious to anyone with common sense. But incorrect ideology always distorts common sense.

So, why is the left preoccupied with inequality in a society in which most poor people have the opportunity to lift themselves out of poverty?

Because of its class-based materialist ideology.

Because seeing some people own luxury vehicles, multiple homes and even private jets while others live in small apartments feels wrong to the left — and leftism is based on feelings.

Because it prefers that the state, not the individual citizen, has as much wealth as possible.

And because when you don't fight real evils (Communism during the Colds War, and now Islamism, Russian expansion, Syria's use of chemical weapons), you fight nonevils. And material inequality is nonevil.

The Democrats' Preoccupation with Inequality

Forum List

Back