Concerning Establishment of Religion in Dixie

Mike Dwight

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2017
You know, unbiased articles are hard to come by. A really unbiased look at the Establishment of Religion by the Confederate States of America if we recognize their political structure for those 5 years, that is. Establishment is how we define how the Anglican Church is Established in England and the Presbyterian Church is established in Scotland. In these Kingdoms, they're awarded a conforming status. A person is a "nonconformist" so called, in these countries, and not a member of state religion.

The Protestant Reformation and Enlightment in the following centuries led to a distancing in the US Constitution from these religious wars, the meaning of our Freedom of Religion. That's the background for the Confederate States of American Constitution of 1861, declaring a new constitution under an "Almighty God" and the "Sovereign Character of the States". The large majority of religious affiliation is Anglican among Confederate ranks. These include Jefferson Davis and Robert E Lee. The "God of Our Fathers" was important. Methodists and Baptists were new, rural, and evangelical religions that grew from obscurity in the 1830's and 1840's of the 2nd Great Awakening. However, this is not the God of Sovereign States, and the Anglican God is changing with neo-Catholic practices already by 1861, and may Not be the God of their Fathers with the outlaw of Slavery by English Abolitionists.
We can clearly see the religious figurehead of the new independent Americans being Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, the "blue-light" Elder of Presbyterianism. How do we say it is Established Religion? How do we measure? This same constitution did copy freedom of religion clauses from the US constitution. General Jackson selected ministers for most of the army but, that's still not Establishment.

His battleflag became the "blood stained banner" at the end of the war, beginning with his funeral. That was derived from Scottish religion. He was promoted through ranks overpassing AP Hill and many generals for a particular "post". The secondary anthem "Bonnie Blue Flag" introduces Scottish religion to the struggle of independent Texas. The "Bonnie" Scottish word for "pretty" blue flag such as the Scottish flag, develops with Jackson through the war into the later 11 star flag. It began as a Lone Star Flag since we're referencing the 1836 Republic of Texas "Lone Star Flag". Mexican Empire wished to enforce Catholicism on residents. The popular tune "Stonewall Jackson's Way" is abundant with Presbyterian imagery. He is the "Elder", the Spirit Leading on a Way, sending the Union to Hell, where he is elsewhere a "compelled seceder".

Does all this suggest a Preference and Establishment of Religion? We can see Lincoln's 2nd inaugural address suggesting we are "all praying to the same God". The country with time, left from "the Oliver Cromwell" like conflict as Jefferson Davis would have put it. Even more confusing, is how the Tiny Denomination will go as far as to say the Union Government does any such thing as establishment! The religion of Unionist freedom! Quite an amount of absurdity. I'd say that atheists were permitted in the Confederacy, even among Generals, but, we're talking on the specific topic of Establishment, would mean the Government, among Religions in this world, picking out one.

I leave with a Gods and Generals quote "The Political leadership in Richmond is too timid about this coming war, we should look to the Bible", by Stonewall Jackson. That harkens to an almost Medieval trifecta of the Nobility's political King, the Priestly Class, and the Burgher classes.

*PS I'd like to further develop the paradox of the Union being established now in Presbyterianism. In 1958 Eisenhower rebirthed the Church in the United Presbyterian Church. You can check this out. All public Government religious messages are under Eisenhower and Presbyterianism. Under God was put in the pledge. In God We Trust was put on money. He attended a Prebsyterian Church at Lincoln's pew and retired at Gettysburgh, PA. Found religion in Office, "to serve the Citizens home and abroad". Well the ridiculous part of Lincoln Being Presbyterian, alright sure his Wife was Presbyterian and wanted a Big White House. It confounds the history of conflict. Scots' Andrew Jackson , first was kicked in the head by a Brit asked to clean a Brit soldier's boot, this land wasn't given rights of a Christian Nationhood. He wouldn't let them 'rest a day on this soil' at the battle of New Orleans. It was never a conflict to aggressively empire the Northern States. No its the New York Yankees from the Empire State, to be clear. Well it is technical possibility that the Northern Government adopted Presbyterianism, though it didn't happen, and declared war on another Presbyterian Government, just like any Catholic governments over in Europe for example, for greed or some such thing. Thing is, they quoted Presbyterian Ministers in as far as Michigan in the 1860's as saying, 'no one is asked to dance or own slaves', this was a Universally lax religion about slavery! No Lincoln did not sympathize or any of his Government with a Reformed religious control. "We cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate", was really an overthrow of established religious ceremonial authority, how I see it.

So as you can see, born flawed and White, because of these over-correctionist Nationalist, Affirmative Action, and careless Government methods. I can be totally impartial in my part of the country with on-point business, and the slightest tug concerning my local government and its claims, what is it they now say, "we aren't looking to back up that train on the Confederacy", governors now 2019, so I can unravel the thread of reality now, the slightest tug on local jurisprudence is concerned. Wouldn't want a single African American person to find that out, who isn't around or helping with issues in the first place. Why would I need to apply my evaluation of other's most effectual actions in the sustained judgment, social justice, of these public filters , anyway? People are meeting people for subdued representative issues and I'm applicable wherever I'm reduced opportunity cost. Right in Economics, Equality is going to reduce Efficiency. For every measure of promoting measures of Economic equality like Affirmative Action in its 1958 infancy, is going to hurt efficiency even for African American communities, I'd assume. Everyone Welcome Presbyterians isn't actually helping anybody. Who wants to go? I don't critique my morality on the universal scale much more, than Party A is Presbyterian identifier who prefers business with Party B, as Party C, tutoring and cooperation slows down for a long time from Party B with Party A for a long time including from missing real estate, and I recommend back to Party A, I'm more agent linked with Party A than Party B, and I'm suggesting back to Party A what seems like acceptable real estate for Party B for example, and everyone's going to socially talk circles around that every other second. If anyone has social rumors are what should be pressed in court or ended. Subjective unsubstantiated or unprovable things people like to say, or end those. That's my first and initial attitude and my last attitude quoting law codes. What else is that good for? Somebody press in court social commentaries.

Last edited:
  • Banned
All I know from Korea is that they have Chaebols, from International Business coursework, to talk indirectly to topics, which doesn't work as equally badly, who cares. They identify Presbyterian when they get here 80%, and theres some 8 million in Korea. Plus, we all think we're going to get a fun history lesson about the Korean War or Confucianism right? No that's like, you're a Japanese Imperial Master and I probably could have figured that out the first year if I'm paying attention about these occupation bases. President Lee Myung Bak backs up all this Presbyterian like its a Thing, and President Roh kills himself, sorry buddhists. That's 2009 Korean business Plus. I did a lot of God Bless you Sir and your mandatory military service , ridiculous.. go toward the light. that's it. I've figured, Presbyterian links itself to Korean nationalism which the nation links itself to Presbyterianism, see then we'd all faithfully take this Ahn Changho Provisional Government, oooh. World War 2 debt free, hand them back the King, and all the country, oooh. And no world war 2 debt, and , we probably, owe them, oooh, 8 million dead people money, oooh. So forth. See I kept myself getting killed, nice. We've deleted Presbyterian religion , why would Korea be in a religion that could only possibly mean and come from American Alliance? States in alliances. We have a federal government over our states, we're better hypothetically. I'm not going to deconstruct every Korean racial problem, that's not my experience obviously.

How weak is everyone socially to pin social assertiveness on the 4 year younger, recruited and subordinated, working on Korean culture awareness for college? Finding ways out of some sort of criticism? There's no crossed line to mention. I reported every single activity to everybody. This was central stage pass college and work habits and is always reported to everybody. Professionals alone are going to suggest further networking to people already heard about each other. The chopchop police say eat a pinecone, never visit downtown district, talk to blacks, and stay on kakao talk. no one can read my Korean, hooray. My parents want to move a product or "Forced" me to choose and get a degree, I mean where is the point solely my interest and business that I should reconsider?

Last edited:
  • Banned
Don't forget to tell , who?! As many people as possible, anybody. When a harmful lies concerning all parties, without consequence if Everybody wasn't pushing it, that you're legally trapped to recount, OH! You must be interested to discuss! Because the internet slapped your face laughed a big one and gave you belief in police authority and made you recount somewhere. Now, it Must have recoutnable importance, discussable importance, someone you must think needs to hear from you, or that anyone is pursuing discussable importance! Guess not! Let's try as much as possible to leave mistranslation out of everyone's thoughts, and discover the first tiny bit of news? No? NO for 10 years.People shook hands on gentleman's agreement pure numbers and Effect. I should tell everybody, I'm Picked out of class to be degraded on character, Picked out of parking lot to be degraded on character, and nobody really has a Reason for their choice to do so, then why'd I objectively factually bring up nonsense to bother anyone? The cheap arrest is all anyone is ever Interested in me to begin with or Never even met me. Wouldn't even meet me. I guess she can receive brainstorming in any choice that is Positive or declined, which the internet already represented positively, which I already had family lined up to receive positively, he faked that. I guess groups can try to reach any Decisions that is finally a positive re-aligned interpretation and outcome, other's opinion my Top priority from the start.

Last edited:
All I know from Korea is that they have Chaebols, from International Business coursework, to talk indirectly to topics, which doesn't work as equally badly, who cares. They identify Presbyterian when they get here 80%, and theres some 8 million in Korea. Plus, we all think we're going to get a fun history lesson about the Korean War or Confucianism right? No that's like, you're a Japanese Imperial Master and I probably could have figured that out the first year if I'm paying attention about these occupation bases. President Lee Myung Bak backs up all this Presbyterian like its a Thing, and President Roh kills himself, sorry buddhists. That's 2009 Korean business Plus. I did a lot of God Bless you Sir and your mandatory military service , ridiculous.. go toward the light. that's it. I've figured, Presbyterian links itself to Korean nationalism which the nation links itself to Presbyterianism, see then we'd all faithfully take this Ahn Changho Provisional Government, oooh. World War 2 debt free, hand them back the King, and all the country, oooh. And no world war 2 debt, and , we probably, owe them, oooh, 8 million dead people money, oooh. So forth. See I kept myself getting killed, nice. We've deleted Presbyterian religion , why would Korea be in a religion that could only possibly mean and come from American Alliance? States in alliances. We have a federal government over our states, we're better hypothetically. I'm not going to deconstruct every Korean racial problem, that's not my experience obviously.

How weak is everyone socially to pin social assertiveness on the 4 year younger, recruited and subordinated, working on Korean culture awareness for college? Finding ways out of some sort of criticism? There's no crossed line to mention. I reported every single activity to everybody. This was central stage pass college and work habits and is always reported to everybody. Professionals alone are going to suggest further networking to people already heard about each other. The chopchop police say eat a pinecone, never visit downtown district, talk to blacks, and stay on kakao talk. no one can read my Korean, hooray. My parents want to move a product or "Forced" me to choose and get a degree, I mean where is the point solely my interest and business that I should reconsider?

????????????

Full-on, batshit crazy.

The only thing I heard of is bibles in hotel rooms of a public university so someone complained.

• Banned
ya I like that universities job is to burn books and make money, period.

Forum List

Back