Conceal carry saved lives

BigReb -

By introducing gun laws which make it difficult for potential criminals to buy, own and trade weapons.

Compulsory psychological tests, licensing based on every weapon owned (as opposed to every owner) and mandatory firearm safety training courses would go a huge way towards ensuring homeowners do not need to defend themselves for armed criminals.

BigReb -

By introducing gun laws which make it difficult for potential criminals to buy, own and trade weapons.

Compulsory psychological tests, licensing based on every weapon owned (as opposed to every owner) and mandatory firearm safety training courses would go a huge way towards ensuring homeowners do not need to defend themselves for armed criminals.

People are only guilty when they commit a crime not before.

I'm not going to allow my rights to be handed over to some fucking doctor that is a no sale and is not acceptable. All it would take is one anti second amendment shit head and deny's anyone a right to a firearm. NO FUCKING WAY.

BigReb -

There are already laws against criminals possessing guns, you fool. By definition, criminal don't worry about laws.

I'm not going to allow my rights to be handed over to some fucking doctor that is a no sale and is not acceptable. All it would take is one anti second amendment shit head and deny's anyone a right to a firearm. NO FUCKING WAY.

Well that's fine with me - but then you have to accept a homicide rate 5 times that of any other civilised nation.

It really is that simple.

Well that's fine with me - but then you have to accept a homicide rate 5 times that of any other civilised nation.

No, it's not that simple at all.

The problem isn't the availability of guns. The problem is the prohibition of drugs and crminalizing behavior that should be a personal choice. Think I'm wrong? Use that ol' internet and look up Al Capone and the gangs of the Prohibition era. We're doing the same things again with the same results.

What's the solution? Legalization and a little bit of reasonable regulation, like requiring users to be 21 and show ID when purchasing. We imprison more people than any other nation, turn them into heroes of the 'Hood, and then wonder why they act like hoodlums when they get out of jail. We have drug testing that prevents them from having a job or encourages them to use other, more dangerous substances (meth, synthetic marijuana, "window cleaner", "bath salts", etc.) that aren't tested for instead of well known drugs like pot that have been studied for years ad infinitum.

With cheap and readily available drugs, the pot smokers and occasional users of other drugs will be fine. The users of harder drugs who can't control themselves will take themselves out in a matter of months.

Problem solved!

Think it won't work? A lot of people thought that the world was going to end when Prohibition was repealed and you could go down to the corner store and but a bottle of bourbon. It didn't. And the gang violence and shootings over alcohol stopped.

BigReb -

There are already laws against criminals possessing guns, you fool. By definition, criminal don't worry about laws.

pretty much

Why is it that countries with strict gun control have murders with guns or higher rates of murder with knives than the U.S.?
Why is it a lot of governments kill their citizens that will not allow their citizens access to guns?

BigReb -

you are confused.

The US has a total homocide rate five times that of any other developed nation.

you're making baseless statements and don't live here.

No, I'm not making baseless statements, and it absolutely staggers me that you lack the integrity to admit what you simply MUST know is true.

Homocide rates:

USA: 4.2

UK: 1.2

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki? well then that settles that. :eusa_whistle::badgrin:
You're using the UK as an example? They should have 0 homicides because of all their strict gun control.
Crime went down because gun sales rise.

FBI — Crimes Rates Are Down

BigReb -

you are confused.

The US has a total homocide rate five times that of any other developed nation.

you're making baseless statements and don't live here.

No, I'm not making baseless statements, and it absolutely staggers me that you lack the integrity to admit what you simply MUST know is true.

Homocide rates:

USA: 4.2

UK: 1.2

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US is a bigger country with a much higher population and far more drug activity. We've got Mexico acting as a bridge to South America right on our southern border that the UK, an island, doesn't have.

It's the failed War on Drugs, not the availability of guns. Read my earlier post in this thread.

Forum List

Back